Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
NiteOwl
Approved Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by NiteOwl » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Saw this the other day, freaky...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Shazzoir » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:05 am

Has the hair colour and side face 'plates' identical to a Orang utan, so that's what I believe this one is, considering the source, 'National Geographic'....
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

NiteOwl
Approved Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by NiteOwl » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 pm

It is indeed an orangutan, just found it a striking photo as it looks remarkably human-like in the face...

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1181
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Wolf » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:22 pm

Could not find the story behind this one...
dfed29706308a9bc099a593897fc7632.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1181
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Wolf » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:51 am

Brian 'Duke' Sullivan has now completed his four-part 'Glagg saga'.

I strongly recommend people listen to the entire series in order.
Kevin claims he ran across a juvenile while bow-hunting when he himself was a teenager. Apparently its parents had been shot by other hunters and it looked starving so he fed it and thus began a multi-year encounter with his new best mate.

Kevin describes many behaviours and its language. As a youngest brother who was regularly beaten up by his brothers he sympathised with the juvenile's plight and even attempted to teach it Aikido (which appears to have worked because Glagg ends up in a fight against at least two other Sasquatch, which he wins).

The story is incredible and makes for excellent entertainment even if not true. Kevin's story is rather compelling to me, many statements he makes rings of authenticity.

Part one is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-3bFsBZOQ
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.37.02 am.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 601
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Just noticed this interesting image on googs...Pretty cool me thinks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Boab Bob
Bronze Status
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am
Position: Yowie Chaser

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Boab Bob » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:58 am

That sh#t me up a bit... https://goo.gl/maps/pPWzo1NoxgK2

User avatar
Boab Bob
Bronze Status
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am
Position: Yowie Chaser

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Boab Bob » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 am

2012-11-17 10.58.22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Paranormal and Cryptozoology Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Dion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Boab Bob wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:58 am
That sh#t me up a bit... https://goo.gl/maps/pPWzo1NoxgK2
LoL was I the only one who followed the google maps car until the cow left on the left hand side of the road?

Anyway dont see how that has anything to do with the thread topic?

Unless you think the cow looks like a hairy bloke. :lol:
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Clearly it's a Cowie... ;)

(poke tongues) (lol) :D
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Boab Bob
Bronze Status
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am
Position: Yowie Chaser

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Boab Bob » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:53 am

Hypothetical rendition of of Y-chromosomal Adam https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Boab Bob
Bronze Status
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am
Position: Yowie Chaser

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Boab Bob » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:57 am

Shazzoir wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:05 pm
Clearly it's a Cowie... ;)

(poke tongues) (lol) :D
Hah very good! And yes Dion.. follow the cow i bet you enjoyed it. Lot's of worse junk being posted by others.

gregvalentine
Silver Status
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: Sydney

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by gregvalentine » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:26 am

Shazzoir wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:05 pm
Clearly it's a Cowie... ;)

(poke tongues) (lol) :D
You're being UDDERLY predictable, MILKING this for all it's worth!

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Shazzoir » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Image
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1181
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Wolf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am

From the Sasquatch Chronicles blog: https://sasquatchchronicles.com/interes ... aptured-6/

Trey McCollister ‎writes “Here’s an older photo from an older game cam that I’ve had for a few years and was just giving permission from one of the owners to share. Dan Ricke and Vicky thank you for letting me share.”
gorilla22.jpg

Here is an artist rendition of what he thought the creature looked like:
IMG_0153.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Simon M » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 am

That final artist's rendition is interesting, but the artist has taken a great deal of licence. That photo could've been any number of things, the suggestion of a face in the original image is only that in my opinion; a suggestion.

User avatar
Black
Bronze Status
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Black » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Do you mean any of these pictures doesn't involve artistic licence?

Yowiechow
Approved Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Yowiechow » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Wolf wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:51 am
Brian 'Duke' Sullivan has now completed his four-part 'Glagg saga'.

I strongly recommend people listen to the entire series in order.
Kevin claims he ran across a juvenile while bow-hunting when he himself was a teenager. Apparently its parents had been shot by other hunters and it looked starving so he fed it and thus began a multi-year encounter with his new best mate.

Kevin describes many behaviours and its language. As a youngest brother who was regularly beaten up by his brothers he sympathised with the juvenile's plight and even attempted to teach it Aikido (which appears to have worked because Glagg ends up in a fight against at least two other Sasquatch, which he wins).

The story is incredible and makes for excellent entertainment even if not true. Kevin's story is rather compelling to me, many statements he makes rings of authenticity.

Part one is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-3bFsBZOQ

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.37.02 am.png
Let me guess, he didn't get any video footage while teaching grug aikido did he?

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1181
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Wolf » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Ha, firstly, this was decades ago when cameras were nowhere near as common.

Secondly, if true, he was trying to protect Glagg, not expose him to the world.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1181
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by Wolf » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Dogman pup?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry ... 72b4bf71a7
5aa83a851f0000150316a400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground

inthedark
Bronze Status
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Wolf wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 12:09 am
Found this while researching for an article I am writing.
Looks a lot like my brother-in-law...
Face front view.jpeg
Apologies for responding so late in the thread .. but this is very interesting.

And you say it's art? Or at least, has been identified as art?

Most curious. Even very close inspection suggests it is photographic. Very detailed and asymmetrical skin ageing. Most art reveals itself in too perfect symmetry in terms of skin sag etc. The hair growth patterns are most realistic, also.

inthedark
Bronze Status
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: Best pictures of the Big, Hairy Bloke

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Wolf wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:30 am
Had to post this one (used on a recent SC episode)...
fb2.jpg
This being a very good example of art. Compared to the above 'art', this one looks like what it is.

Post Reply