Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
User avatar
Scarts
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:33 am
Position: Researcher

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Scarts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:17 am

People have a need to believe in something to follow. Be it their favourite sporting team, political agenda, or religious ideals.

Bigfoot and the yowie fills that space for some people. Like all things, it's open to corruption and abuse and that's where hoaxing, bullshit, and honest mistakes seep in.

Us humans think we are not only the apex predator on the planet, but also this planet's highest evolved lifeform. The thought that another human species may have eluded and outwitted us by being smarter, drives some of us crazy!

Crazy behaviour is commonly associated with Bigfoot and Yowie research. This is exacerbated by researchers relying solely on anecdotal reports to justify their continued efforts.

In the craziness, physical evidence is found everywhere or out of sheer frustration, it is created. Both are bullshit, the former excusable and pitied, while the latter is deemed inexcusable and unforgivable.

Crazy crazy bullshit. Two types. Yowie research is neck deep in it, gasping for air and breathing in the stench.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Yowie bait » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Scarts wrote:People have a need to believe in something to follow. Be it their favourite sporting team, political agenda, or religious ideals.

Bigfoot and the yowie fills that space for some people. Like all things, it's open to corruption and abuse and that's where hoaxing, bullshit, and honest mistakes seep in.

Us humans think we are not only the apex predator on the planet, but also this planet's highest evolved lifeform. The thought that another human species may have eluded and outwitted us by being smarter, drives some of us crazy!

Crazy behaviour is commonly associated with Bigfoot and Yowie research. This is exacerbated by researchers relying solely on anecdotal reports to justify their continued efforts.

In the craziness, physical evidence is found everywhere or out of sheer frustration, it is created. Both are bullshit, the former excusable and pitied, while the latter is deemed inexcusable and unforgivable.

Crazy crazy bullshit. Two types. Yowie research is neck deep in it, gasping for air and breathing in the stench.
This should be the introduction (or disclaimer) to the official yowie research manual.
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Alphawolf27
Silver Status
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:15 pm
Position: Yowie Hunter
Location: Algester

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Alphawolf27 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi Wolf great Thread!!! Totally agree with you, i myself as a believer and having my own experience dont care if anyone believes me or not im not trying to convince anyone to believe me im just here to tell my experience and speak with others that have an interest with the unknown ever since my experience i wanted to know more about the big hairy guys. But yes its hard when you have BSitters out there its something rare to have an encounter with the hairy one and you can sometimes tell who the BSitters are. Some of us are here to learn and know more love your thread mate!!!
Search, study and sight

bubble1
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by bubble1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi Wolf, a great thread, hadn't seen it till tonight, just a quick story. Back in 2002, did the ghost tour of the quarantine station, was in the hospital ( which i think burnt down a few years ago ) and the tour leader came up to me and my wife at the time and said do you want to be part of a prank, Yeah why not. So we snuck out and he led us down to the Morgue, and got me to lay on the table while my wife was in the next room locks us in there in the dark. Ten mins later leads the group in, has a torch but doesn't shine it on me. Tells the story to the group while I'm under the sheet, and Im concentrating on very shallow breathing, while a couple of the group touch me , and then bang I sit up and yell at the top of my voice, I think some of the guys screamed louder than the girls. It went off real well. Very few had noticed that we'd gone missing. Definetely would not have done this by myself !!! Anyway, one spooky place at night. I love this subject and am always looking out and wary of B Shitters. Been watching Survivor man and his Bigfoot shows, and appreciate how he is open minded and has never seen one, but not so sure about Todd Standing. Sorry for rambling but today was out in the Glass house Mtns looking for Succulents with my wife and was talking to the old farmer late 60's i suppose, out of earshot. Found out he grew up in the old farmhouse in the far paddock, and could nt resist, "So have you ever seen any Yowies around here", His reply "What are they", I'd never had this response before, usually the response is laughter or a straight yes, so I knew this bloke wasn't bullshitting.

gregvalentine
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: Sydney

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by gregvalentine » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:31 pm

bubble1 wrote:Hi Wolf, a great thread, hadn't seen it till tonight, just a quick story. Back in 2002, did the ghost tour of the quarantine station, was in the hospital ( which i think burnt down a few years ago ) and the tour leader came up to me and my wife at the time and said do you want to be part of a prank, Yeah why not. So we snuck out and he led us down to the Morgue, and got me to lay on the table while my wife was in the next room locks us in there in the dark. Ten mins later leads the group in, has a torch but doesn't shine it on me. Tells the story to the group while I'm under the sheet, and Im concentrating on very shallow breathing, while a couple of the group touch me , and then bang I sit up and yell at the top of my voice, I think some of the guys screamed louder than the girls. It went off real well. Very few had noticed that we'd gone missing. Definetely would not have done this by myself !!! Anyway, one spooky place at night. I love this subject and am always looking out and wary of B Shitters. Been watching Survivor man and his Bigfoot shows, and appreciate how he is open minded and has never seen one, but not so sure about Todd Standing. Sorry for rambling but today was out in the Glass house Mtns looking for Succulents with my wife and was talking to the old farmer late 60's i suppose, out of earshot. Found out he grew up in the old farmhouse in the far paddock, and could nt resist, "So have you ever seen any Yowies around here", His reply "What are they", I'd never had this response before, usually the response is laughter or a straight yes, so I knew this bloke wasn't bullshitting.
I'll come over there and "old . . . late 60s" YOU, young fella (as soon as I can find my walking stick)!

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 am

Oh my i knew this thread would offend someone eventually. You should put the young whippersnapper in the figure four leglock for that one Gregvalentine.. :lol:
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Wolf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:16 pm

bubble1 wrote:Hi Wolf, a great thread, hadn't seen it till tonight, just a quick story. Back in 2002, did the ghost tour of the quarantine station, was in the hospital ( which i think burnt down a few years ago ) and the tour leader came up to me and my wife at the time and said do you want to be part of a prank, Yeah why not. So we snuck out and he led us down to the Morgue, and got me to lay on the table while my wife was in the next room locks us in there in the dark. Ten mins later leads the group in, has a torch but doesn't shine it on me. Tells the story to the group while I'm under the sheet, and Im concentrating on very shallow breathing, while a couple of the group touch me , and then bang I sit up and yell at the top of my voice, I think some of the guys screamed louder than the girls. It went off real well. Very few had noticed that we'd gone missing. Definetely would not have done this by myself !!! Anyway, one spooky place at night. I love this subject and am always looking out and wary of B Shitters. Been watching Survivor man and his Bigfoot shows, and appreciate how he is open minded and has never seen one, but not so sure about Todd Standing. Sorry for rambling but today was out in the Glass house Mtns looking for Succulents with my wife and was talking to the old farmer late 60's i suppose, out of earshot. Found out he grew up in the old farmhouse in the far paddock, and could nt resist, "So have you ever seen any Yowies around here", His reply "What are they", I'd never had this response before, usually the response is laughter or a straight yes, so I knew this bloke wasn't bullshitting.
Wow, so they're doing 'Ghost Tours' there now?

That stunt was downright cruel (but very funny).
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1800
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Dion » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:57 pm

gregvalentine wrote:I'll come over there and "old . . . late 60s" YOU, young fella (as soon as I can find my walking stick)!
Make sure to pack your over 60's survival kit greg.
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

bubble1
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by bubble1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi Wolf , the tour was back in 2002, very informative and very good.

Sorry Greg no offence meant I'm in by early 50's, with young kids who think i'm way over the hill especially with my Dumb phone.

Jazz The Boxer
Approved Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Jazz The Boxer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Personally I have no time for hoaxers.

By all means, spend your time however you like. But to deliberately waste other peoples valuable personal time (no no)

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Wolf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:24 am

Scarts wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:17 am
People have a need to believe in something to follow. Be it their favourite sporting team, political agenda, or religious ideals.

Bigfoot and the yowie fills that space for some people. Like all things, it's open to corruption and abuse and that's where hoaxing, bullshit, and honest mistakes seep in.

Us humans think we are not only the apex predator on the planet, but also this planet's highest evolved lifeform. The thought that another human species may have eluded and outwitted us by being smarter, drives some of us crazy!

Crazy behaviour is commonly associated with Bigfoot and Yowie research. This is exacerbated by researchers relying solely on anecdotal reports to justify their continued efforts.

In the craziness, physical evidence is found everywhere or out of sheer frustration, it is created. Both are bullshit, the former excusable and pitied, while the latter is deemed inexcusable and unforgivable.

The problem with the latter is all it does is de-legitimise genuine research and makes everybody looking into this fascinating subject look like either naive fools or liars and crooks. (sneaky)
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by Wolf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 am

But then, on the flip side... "Give a man enough rope..."

In other words, let karma sort it out...
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am
Position: Believer
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by hillbilly » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Scarts wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:17 am
In the craziness, physical evidence is found everywhere or out of sheer frustration, it is created. Both are bullshit, the former excusable and pitied, while the latter is deemed inexcusable and unforgivable.
Crazy crazy bullshit. Two types. Yowie research is neck deep in it, gasping for air and breathing in the stench.
" physical evidence is found everywhere or out of sheer frustration, it is created."
"out of sheer frustration, it is created."
Nothing to add here.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: Bigfoot Bullsh*tters... deserving of anger or pity?

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Put me down for 'anger'.

If we could erase every known hoax from existence, we might actually get somewhere.

Post Reply