Long Term Missing Person's, recovered Human remains & Yowies

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359

Re: Long Term Missing Person's, recovered Human remains & Yo

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Simon M wrote:That sounds like criminal incompetence. Why was the search so badly run? Bloody heartbreaking to think of the poor kid, all alone out there, with these guys as his only hope. They should've gotten the indigenous trackers out there on day one, simple as that.

I find it telling that they found a flattened bed of reeds and his hat.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Here is a map of my personal experiences since moving to Tivoli Queensland compared to the research map I put together whilst living in Sydney.

Both maps are roughly the same scale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 am

Interesting clusters of missing people around yowie sightings compared to my own personal experiences whilst in the field researching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

donjoman
Bronze Status

Unread post by donjoman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEoW12BInDA

Everyone should listen to this, esp around water relationships to missing persons.

Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Position: Unsure

Unread post by Simon M » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:46 am

Interesting stuff, Donjo.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:07 am

So I spent some hours camming Trove newspaper articles dating from the late 1700's until the 1950's

The search terms used were yowie ,yahoo, devil devil, bush gorila, wood ape, dulagar, monster,hairy man, unknown creature,
hairy giant, aboriginal myths, aboriginal legends,

Here are some of the more interesting articles, many well known a few not so.

https://youtu.be/G3Sy3Yhik8o

Cheers

sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Paranormal Researcher

Unread post by sensesonfire » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:22 pm

paulmcleod67 wrote:So I spent some hours camming Trove newspaper articles dating from the late 1700's until the 1950's

The search terms used were yowie ,yahoo, devil devil, bush gorila, wood ape, dulagar, monster,hairy man, unknown creature,

Cheers

Some amazing and terrifying reports there Paul. It appears these sightings from that period were not unusual in prevalence which asks the question as to why these incidences are somewhat rare these days? Today, very few people have witnessed or been involved in anything like these reports - yourself being an exception - and with large increases in human population, you would think this not to be the case.
Some would argue because of the population increase these creatures are a lot more cautious in revealing themselves. It appears that in far more enlightening times people just don't want to examine or debate the topic at all either because they don't believe, have no interest or don't want to acknowledge their existence, YHF members exempt of course. :?
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 pm

sensesonfire wrote:
paulmcleod67 wrote:So I spent some hours camming Trove newspaper articles dating from the late 1700's until the 1950's

Cheers

Some amazing and terrifying reports there Paul. It appears these sightings from that period were not unusual in prevalence which asks the question as to why these incidences are somewhat rare these days? Today, very few people have witnessed or been involved in anything like these reports - yourself being an exception - and with large increases in human population, you would think this not to be the case.
Some would argue because of the population increase these creatures are a lot more cautious in revealing themselves. It appears that in far more enlightening times people just don't want to examine or debate the topic at all either because they don't believe, have no interest or don't want to acknowledge their existence, YHF members exempt of course. :?
I tend to think that in the modern era with the advent of the screen watching, mall shopping generation, fewer people go to out of the way, offroad bush land ares. Back in colonial times we all lived of the land, hunting, fishing and working the land for small crops. Even the aboriginals spend less time wandering the wilds. This could account for the increase in reported roadside sightings.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Here is a new case that is worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/1 ... -professor

The wife of a missing Melbourne professor has said she is “totally scared” by his unexplained disappearance at the weekend. John Forster, 58, was last seen at his home on James Cook Drive, Diamond Creek, about 10am on Saturday.Officers located Mr Forster’s green Subaru Forester station wagon at the carpark at Sugarloaf Reservoir, 50km away from his home, about 11pm that night.
Yesterday, search and rescue members, Water Police, the police helicopter and State Emergency Service (SES) members searched the reservoir and surrounding Christmas Hills area.

The search radius is approximately 1.5 kilometres, Inspector Simon Braney said.
“We have an open mind about what’s happened to Mr Forster. He’s a fit man, likes to walk a lot,” he said.
“We’re hoping his disorientated, and we’re out looking for him now.”

The 58-year-old is a professor with the School of Applied Systems Biology at La Trobe University.
His wife, Christine, said she last saw her husband at 10am on Saturday.
“The kids had a dental appointment, so I took them… he wasn’t home when I returned home,” Mrs Forster said.
“It’s out of character, so I decided to call police.”

Mrs Forster also said her husband was an “avid walker” and could easily walk “five or six kilometres in an hour”.
“He might have decided to go for a wander… he’s very fit, enjoys being outside,” she said.
She said Mr Forster doesn’t use his Nokia mobile phone much.

He is described as being about 180cm tall, with a slim build and shaved, dark grey hair.
It’s not known what he was wearing at the time of his disappearance, police said.
Investigations are ongoing.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

Related maps I put together

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 pm

The new card system I'm using to track unusual missing persons cases.

I sincerely hope John is found alive and well.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 am

RECENT AND STRANGE MISSING PERSONS AND FOUND DECEASED
CASES FROM QLD (DETAILS VARY)

Police looking for missing Yamanto man Ashley Schulz

4th Aug 2017 8:29 AM
POLICE are appealing for the public's to help find a 57-year-old man reported missing from Yamanto since
Wednesday night. Ashley Schulz (pictured) was last seen at an address on Arabian Close at around 6:00pm
and friends or family have not seen him since.
Police hold concerns for his welfare as this behaviour is out of character.
Ashley is described as Caucasian in appearance, approximately 180cm tall and is of a slim build.He was last seen driving a silver 2002 Ford Falcon station wagon with Queensland registration 272-RMP (similar to pictured).
Anyone with information on Ashley's location is urged to contact Policelink on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

John Flanagan, 19 found deceased in bushland.

Tributes for Toowoomba man after tragic end to search
A FAMILY is in mourning after the tragic end to a search for a young Toowoomba man who disappeared last week.
John Flanagan, 19, was last seen leaving his family home early on Friday morning and is believed to have set out on
a camping trip in the Upper Flagstone Creek area.

But after three days of no contact, concerns grew over his safety and whereabouts.
A search of the nearby area failed to find any sign of the former scouts member, experienced camper and
valued Toowoomba Regional Council employee.

Mr Flanagan's family filed an official missing person's report with police about 1am on Tuesdayy.
It triggered a large-scale search in rugged terrain on the edge of Toowoomba with several police units and searchers scouring the bushland for any sign of the teenager.

Tragically, Mr Flanagan was found dead a short distance away from where his vehicle became bogged.
Toowoomba City Patrol Group Inspector Stephen Angus said initial inquiries suggested there were no suspicious circumstances.
"Tragically this young man went missing on Friday and was discovered (on Tuesday) in tragic circumstances," he said.
Toowoomba Regional Council Acting Mayor Carol Taylor paid tribute to Mr Flanagan who she described as a valued young
staff member in the infrastructure services group.

"On behalf of councillors and council staff, I extend our deepest sympathies to John's family, friends and work
colleagues," Cr Taylor said.
Tributes flowed on social media for Mr Flanagan who was remembered as a "great mate".
"You were such a great mate and will be sadly missed," Mitch Single said.
2PM: Toowoomba man John Flanagan, who had been missing more than four days, has been found dead after
a search in rugged bushland this morning.

There are no suspicious circumstances, and police will prepare a report for the coroner.
The man's family has been notified.
EARLIER 12PM: Concerns are growing for a young Toowoomba man after his vehicle was found "severely bogged"
off a remote dirt road, sparking a major search.

Toowoomba City Patrol Group Inspector Stephen Angus said John Flanagan, 19, was last seen by his family Friday morning.

It wasn't until Mr Flanagan's four-wheel drive was found late Monday night bogged off Cooks Rd,
near Upper Flagstone Creek Rd, that an official missing persons report was filed with police.

Insp. Angus said the man's anxious family contacted police about 1am Tuesday, sparking the search today.
He said police were focusing their search efforts to find Mr Flanagan on an area off Cooks Rd.

"Late last night (Mr Flanagan's) motor vehicle was found on a dirt track just off Cooks Rd severely bogged,
" Insp. Angus said.
"He is hopefully somewhere alive in bushland but currently (we are) undertaking a systematic search of that area.
"We have quite a few officers (searching) with more to come.
"It is quite a large search area to look at."

Insp. Angus said Mr Flanagan was an avid camper who left his family home on Friday morning but hasn't been seen
or heard from since.
Mr Flanagan's vehicle was found by "luck and chance" by his friends who are assisting police to co-ordinate the search.
"The young man's friends have been very helpful," he said.

"It's luck and chance that some of this man's friends happened to see the vehicle."

BREAKING: A search is under way on the Toowoomba escarpment after a car belonging to a man reported
missing four days ago was found overnight.

Police and State Emergency Service crews are co-ordinating the search on Upper Flagstone Creek Rd, east
of Toowoomba, this morning.
Police said the man was reported missing more than four days ago, and a vehicle believed to belong to him
was located in the area overnight.
The man, believed to be 18 or 19, has not made contact with family or friends since that time.
The land search began this morning.

Fears for missing Springfield woman

24th May 2017 12:57 PM
POLICE are calling for the public's help in locating a missing Springfield woman jUDY jONES.

Judy Jones, 51, was last seen leaving a charity located on Commercial Dve about 1.30pm Tuesday,
May 23.POLICE are calling for the public's help in locating a missing Springfield woman.
Judy Jones, 51, was last seen leaving a charity located on Commercial Dve about 1.30pm Tuesday, May 23.
She was driving a white 2012 Hyundai i30 bearing Queensland registration 710VKQ.
Police hold concerns for Judy's welfare as she suffers from a medical condition.
She is described as Caucasian, about 160cm with a proportionate build, light brown hair and green eyes.
If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using the online
form 24hrs per day.
You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and
community volunteer organisation, by calling 1800 333 000 or via

Have you seen missing Coast woman Tynneil Beckett?

14th Mar 2017 5:32 AM
SUNSHINE Coast woman Tynneil Beckett has not been seen for more than a week, now police are
asking for help to find her.
The 25-year-old from Caloundra was last seen near the hospital on Wester Terrance in Caloundra
around 11pm on March 5. The Caloundra woman is reported missing.
Police fear for her welfare.
She is described as being Caucasian in appearance, has a slim build and is around 165 cms tall
and has brown hair. Anyone who may have seen her is being urged to contact police.

Missing man Camerin Hallam won't be coming home
9th Mar 2017 3:30 PM

IN HEARTBREAKING news, March 7,
The body of missing man Camerin Hallam has been found.
Camerin was last seen on January 3 after he left his Sippy Downs with his bicycle. It was believed he planned
to cycle to Jimboomba.

He wasn't heard from again.

his body was found the day after what would have been Camerin's
20th birthday, he been found only a kilometre from his home.
His death is not being treated as suspicious.

Ms Plowman started a blog "Come Home Camerin Hallam" as details of her son's disappearance made headlines.
With her permission, the Daily can share some of her actual words from her blog
"I love u my son. I miss u every second of every day," she wrote on February 22.

Every night she would play Florence and the Machine's classic hit, Stand By Me as she thought of him.
Her appeals became more desperate as time passed.
"In a week today will be your 20th birthday," she wrote on February 27.
" Wow. 20! I remember the day u were born like yesterday. 2.5 hour labour and u were born with a crooked nose
just like the meaning of ur name.
"Lucky the crooked nose was only temporary lol.
"Turning 20 is a massive birthday milestone so u better be home before that. I haven't missed a birthday with u in
19 years and I don't plan on starting now. I love u son and want to hold u and let u know everything will be ok.
Please come home my boy."
She made emotional pleas on television for him to get in touch or for someone who knew were he was to contact police.
And then, at 5.37am on the day of his birthday, she wrote her most heartbreaking request yet.
"Happy 20th birthday my son. I love u more each day and miss u just the same.
"No words can describe the pain right now. Are u ok? Are u happy? And I dread to think anything else. I can't. I won't.
"I have no idea what u are feeling and I can't help to feel guilty.
"My love should always make u feel loved, feel secure and safe. It didn't. I failed.
"My beautiful boy I have so many wonderful memories I reflect on every day.
"Come home today. Kristin is baking u a cake and cooking dinner. Please come home or even contact me.
This is breaking me."
Ms Plowman said funeral arrangements for Camerin were still being finalised.Friends have set up a
Gofundme page to help the family as they cope with their son's unexpected death and the devastating grief.

Sharon Edwards memorial a chance to say goodbye

8th Mar 2017 9:01 AM
A MEMORIAL to celebrate the life of missing Grafton teacher Sharon Edwards will be held this weekend.
Scores of attendees are expected to pay their tributes to the much-loved friend, teacher, mother, and grandmother,
who hasn't been seen or heard from since the night of March 14, 2015.
Sharon Edwards disappearance is being investigated as a homicide, but on the eve of the second anniversary with
no further answers about what may have happened, her three sons decided it was time to say goodbye.
One year since Sharon Edwards disappeared.

No family should go through this: Edwards' son
"Most of our family and a lot of mum's friends will be coming from Sydney because that's where she went to school
and grew up," son Eli Edwards said.
"Mum was a pretty social woman, and I don't know who knew her and who didn't so whoever wants to come is more
than welcome."

It is hoped that the service will bring some closure to both family and friends who are still waiting to grieve.
"I suppose I don't know if we'll ever find out what happened," Eli said.
"We figured how long do you wait - it's been two years. That's long enough."
The public memorial service for Ms Edwards will be held at Christ Church Cathedral in Grafton, from 3pm on Saturday.

Young Gladstone mum found dead in bushland
28th Feb 2017 11:36 AM | Updated: 1st Mar 2017 6:39 PM
Police have found the body of missing 29 year old mother Hannah Cook in bushland near Catfish Creek.
EARLIER POLICE RESPONSE: Sgt Butcher said police were still treating it as a "missing person" case, with no
evidence of anything suspicious.
Then: Ms Cook's 4WD vehicle had been located abandoned near Mt Alma with dog squads consequently leading
police to the Calliope River.

Sgt Butcher also said the car was found in a "normal condition. There is nothing suspicious."
Police located Hannah Cook's 4WD at Mt Alma, but she was not in it
A wide-scale, two-day search ended yesterday evening
Her immediate family have been notified

TODAY:
UPDATE: 5:21am:
RELATED ITEMS
‘I am so sorry’: Tributes flow for young mum Hannah Cook
THE desperate search for a Gladstone mother missing for two days ended in tragedy last night.
The body of Hannah Cook was found by police in a remote area near Catfish Creek, east of Mt Alma, about
40km southwest of Gladstone.

"Immediate family members have been advised," Detective Senior Sergeant Chris Lindsay said.
The 25-year-old mother of two had been missing since dropping one of her children off at a Gladstone school
at 9am on Monday.

Police and Ms Cook's family were yesterday "concerned" for her safety as she has a medical condition, according
to the Queensland Police Service.
An ground and air search was conducted yesterday with land owners on motorbikes joining in near a section of
the Calliope River.

Earlier the RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service was involved in the search for the missing mum.

Ms Cook's 4WD vehicle had been located abandoned near Mt Alma with dog squads consequently leading
police to the Calliope River.
Two detectives with Gladstone's Criminal Investigations Branch were at the scene, along with at least five
other Gladstone police officers while paramedics were also on standby.Gladstone's Sergeant Wayne Butcher
confirmed yesterday afternoon that police were deeply worried for the Calliope mum.
"It's been … over 24 hours now," he said.

"She has a couple of young children … so that is concerning for police and those involved with her."
Sgt Butcher said police and searchers were up against extremely difficult terrain in the search for Ms Cook.
"It's difficult to try and get a gauge where she could (possibly of been) in the grass," he said.
"The grass here and the terrain that we are going through at the moment (was difficult)."
Police were unable to release any immediate details on Ms Cook's death.
YESTERDAY:
UPDATE: 10.15pm:
THE GLADSTONE community has taken to social media to express their heartbreak over the death of a
young mum.

A desperate two-day search for Hannah Cook's body ended in tragedy this evening when her body was
found in bushland near the Calliope River.

Pat Jackson said: "Oh my gosh. How tragic. My heart breaks for her family."
Bec McLennan said: "RIP Hannah. Beautiful soul gone too soon. Condolences to the family."
Aleisha White said: "Condolences to her family and friends... Gone so young. Fly high beautiful angel."
Many locals also expressed solidarity and sympathy with Ms Cook's family.

Ken Baxter said: "How sad for her family … My heart goes out to her family at this time."
Emma Dendle said: "Oh my heart breaks for this young women and her family. Deepest condolences to them."
Marjorie Foster said: "Thinking of the family and in particular her very young children. Devastating news."
Teagz Lehmann said: "Such sad news. Thoughts are with her family and friends.

Kelly Loader said: "This is so sad. My condolences are with her family and children. Such horrible news. RIP darlin'."
UPDATE: 8.04pm:
POLICE are preparing a report for the Coroner on the death of a Gladstone mum whose body was found in bushland
near the Calliope River this evening.
Police tonight confirmed that there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Hannah Cook's death.
A two-day search for Ms Cook ended in tragedy this evening when search crews found her body near Calliope River.
Ms Cook, 25, disappeared yesterday after she dropped off one of her children at a Gladstone CBD school.
More to come
UPDATE: 7.10pm:
RECOVERY crews are trekking into thick grass near Calliope River to retrieve the body of a Gladstone mum.
A desperate two-day search for Hannah Cook has ended in tragedy after search crews discovered her body at Catfish Creek.

Aboriginal tracker searches for missing Coast man

25th Nov 2016 2:06 PM
"WHILE the family of missing man Aaron Flynn hold onto hope he will be found, Queensland Police Service have
determined the conditions were "not survivable".

BREAKING: The sister of a Caloundra man missing in remote central Queensland for two weeks will turn to
an Aboriginal tracker for help finding him.

And Renee Napthali says she will continue her search for Aaron Flynn until there is absolutely no chance
of finding him or his remains.
"I know my brother would tear down that whole bush to find me, so I'm not giving up until we've exhausted
every option," she said.

"Until that happens, we will keep searching."
Mr Flynn disappeared after his car ran out of petrol on a 1300km drive from Caloundra to Charters Towers,
where he was to attend a family funeral.
The 29-year-old left home on the morning of Friday, November 11, but ran out of fuel near the tiny gemfields
village of Rubyvale, where his abandoned car was found a week later.

It appears he slept in the car overnight before setting out to walk the 7km back to the village.
A passing motorist saw him walking with a red jerry can and blue and white esky shortly before 6am but that was the last
reported sighting of him.
Although the initial search for Aaron was called off because of the long odds he had survived, Ms Napthali said police and the
State Emergency Service had agreed to resume the search and a team of 25 would go into the rugged bushland again this weekend.

After a brief trip home, she will fly back into the area and take the Aboriginal tracker to the area where Aaron disappeared.
"He will spend a few days trying to get some sort of idea of the path Aaron went," Ms Napthali said.

"It is a very spiritual thing he does and if he picks up something - some message - he will continue until we find Aaron.
"If he doesn't pick up any message or find any tracks, he will pull it up after a couple of days.

"After that we have the option of using a dog that is trained to find human remains - that's my last resort."

Ms Napthali said she was touched by the level of support she had received from the community and wanted to say thank you.
"It's beautiful that complete strangers are sending their thoughts and prayers to us - it's keeping us going," she said.

"We are holding up okay at this stage but it was very tough getting on a plane home from Townsville - I felt like I was leaving Aaron.
"I will feel better going back up there.
"I can't live with not trying everything I can to find him.

"If we don't go down every avenue I know we won't be okay with it for years to come.
"We're remaining very positive we will bring Aaron home although we have to accept what that may mean ... we just have to get some answers to what happened to him."

57-year-old man reported missing from Ormeau

21st Nov 2016 8:53 AM

A 57-year-old man was reported missing from Ormeau on November 14.
Stephen Naylor was last seen around 9am on October 2 at Katandra Crescent and suffers from a medical condition.
Police say he's travelling in a blue 2006 Holden Rodeo ute with New South Wales registration BFH39S.
He is described as Caucasian with a fair complexion, proportionate build, approximately 170cm tall, green eyes with
short light brown hair and walks with a limp.

He has a colour tattoo of a tiger on his right chest and a large cherub with wings and roses on his back.
Stephen usually dresses in a singlet and shorts.
Anyone who may have seen Stephen or has any information in relation to his whereabouts is urged to
contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

25-year-old man missing from Mountain Creek
30th Oct 2016 4:26 AM
A MAN has been declared missing from Mountain Creek.
Ben Makinson, 25, was last seen near Hospital Road in Nambour around 3pm on Wednesday, October 20.
He is known to have a medical condition.
He is described as Caucasian in appearance, of a slim build, around 177 centimetres tall and with brown hair,
brown eyes and a beard.
Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via
1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

END

IN SOME CASES THE MAPPED DATA REVEALS ANOMALIES WHICH ARE
NOT CLEAR IN THE WRITTEN MEDIA AND VIDEO REPORTS .
IMAGES FOLLOW

CHEERS

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 am

UPDATED LOCATION MAP DATA OF MISSING OR FOUND DECEASED CASES NEAR POTENTIAL YOWIE HABITATS.

Compared to the original map data of Queensland and NSW border compiled 2015-2016.

(which motivated my relocation from Sydney to roughly the center of the activity near Ipswich QLD)

Cheers

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 am

Still no sign of missing molecular biologist, Professor John Forster.

Ms Forster said it was common for her husband to go for walks by himself
near their home, but this did not seem to be a planned trip.

"[We're] totally scared because we want him home," she said.
"This is out of character. This isn't a place we've actually come
here together.

"Where we are, the backroads of Diamond Creek are semi-rural
but he would normally stick to the path, but John could easily walk
5 or 6 kilometres in an hour," she said.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 am

TWO HOURS AGO: (0600 hrs 14/10/2017 )

Missing Vic academic search scaled back
Police say they have scaled back the search for a Victorian academic who went missing last week.

Australian Associated PressOCTOBER 13, 201712:47PM
The search for a Melbourne professor who disappeared on the weekend has been scaled back, police say.
Diamond Creek man and La Trobe University academic John Forster, 58, was last seen at his home on Saturday
but police found his car later that night at Sugarloaf Reservoir, 20km away.
Water police and the air wing were still searching the reservoir area for the missing academic on Friday,
almost a week after he was last seen, but the rest of the search has been scaled back.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:07 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-05/e ... er/9017470

Elisa Curry disappearance: Police narrow search for missing mother at Aireys Inlet
By Andie Noonan
Updated 5 Oct 2017, 11:10pm

ELISA CURRY
Police have narrowed their search for missing Melbourne mother Elisa Curry, who was last seen at her family's holiday home on Victoria's Surf Coast five days ago, as authorities warn hopes of finding her alive are fading.
Emergency service crews have scaled back a large search of local running tracks, and are focusing on a 300-metre area around the family's holiday home at Aireys Inlet.

Victoria Police Inspector Peter Seel said searchers would focus on vacant properties, under houses, and in gardens and sheds.
Neighbours will also be doorknocked again.
Ms Curry's husband and children discovered the stay-at-home-mother was missing when they arrived at the house about 9:00am on Sunday morning, after they had watched the AFL grand final in Melbourne the day before.
Her phone was missing and the family dog was found roaming the streets.
About 25 bush search and rescue volunteers have been combing the area.
The police air wing, search and rescue team and water police are also part of the search.
A helicopter searches for missing woman Elisa Curry at Aireys Inlet on the Surf Coast.
Inspector Seel said it was becoming increasingly unlikely authorities would find Ms Curry alive and the search would be reviewed this afternoon.
"Expert medical advice is that if she's in the bush, the likelihood of her being alive after last night is remote," he said.
"We'll reassess this afternoon, but at this stage if nothing's found by 4:00pm we'll have to consider scaling back the search."
Mother and neighbour had conversation over 'personal matter'
Ms Curry was last seen getting into bed on Saturday night at her holiday house by a neighbour.
She had watched the AFL grand final that day with a female friend.
Inspector Seel said later in the day Ms Curry's neighbours, a married couple, visited her and left together.
But her female neighbour returned again to have a conversation with Ms Curry over a "personal matter".
"We've spoken to neighbours and we've been given their idea of how she was feeling, but it doesn't help us in any way," he said.
Inspector Seel said Ms Curry's mobile phone was last active about 10:30pm on Saturday, when she received a text message from her husband about the football

He said there was no evidence in the communication between them to suggest Ms Curry was distressed.
Emergency service crews walk towards the beach in the search for missing Melbourne woman Elisa Curry at Aireys Inlet
Inspector Seel said police have still not ruled out whether Ms Curry may have gone for a run between when she was last seen at the home and when her husband and children returned on Sunday.

Ms Curry, a marathon runner, had been known to run to Lorne and back — a total distance of about 40 kilometres.
"I think the likelihood of her running at night, especially on bush tracks is remote," he said.
"I can't see her running along a bush track when it's dark and it's easy to fall.
"If she went for a run, I think it's more likely it was in the morning."
Inspector Seel said police were unsure what Ms Curry might have been wearing when she went missing.
"She had a lot of runners and clothing, we just don't know which clothing and which runners," he said.
Elisa Curry's family 'doing it hard'

Ms Curry's husband, David Curry, made an appeal on Tuesday for anyone who may have seen something to contact police.
Police said they had also searched the family's home at Surrey Hills, in Melbourne's east, where a family friend was staying, "in case she turned up back there".

Inspector Seel said Mr Curry was "doing it pretty hard" and the family, including the couple's three children, had been referred to counsellors.
He said with little information, it was difficult to know what had happened.
"It's different [to other missing persons cases] in that, normally you might get a direction of travel or a car being left somewhere, or a phone that pings somewhere," Inspector Seel said.

"The difficulty here is that we haven't had any of that.
"We don't know what she was wearing, at that time we don't know what her state of mind was so it's difficult to gather all that together and know what's happened.

"What I will stress to the local community is not to be too concerned about their welfare."
On Wednesday, police said they were keeping an open mind about the investigation and looking into whether
Ms Curry's disappearance could be suspicious.

But Inspector Seel said there was no direct evidence to suggest it was suspicious.

UPDATE

Human remains found at Anglesea, on Victoria's Surf Coast, after search for Elisa Curry

They were discovered by a local walking their dog at Point Roadknight, a popular surf spot, this morning.
A police spokesman said it was too early to say if the remains were those of missing Melbourne woman Elisa Curry, who was last seen at her family's holiday home at nearby Aireys Inlet late last month.

"The remains will need to be examined by a pathologist to establish the identity of the person and cause of death," a police statement said.
Police could be seen combing the beach, which has been cordoned off.
Anglesea is about 10 kilometres north-east of Aireys Inlet.

Emergency service crews had been searching an area near Ms Curry's family holiday home at Aireys Inlet in their search for the missing mother.
Volunteers and several police units, including water police, have been working to find Ms Curry.
Her phone is missing and her dog was found roaming the streets the day after she disappeared.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 pm

More cases...

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:14 pm

A night investigation of the area at Kholo bridge in Queensland Australia, where a local resident
reported a Yowie sighting as he drove across the bridge coming home from work.

Filmed just hours after the resident reported the sighting and using a night vision camera.

Filming was done at 0230 am so as to minimize traffic crossing the bridge.

Unfortunately it rained pretty hard earlier on so no prints were seen near the bridge.

Caught a couple of grunts, had a stick tossed at me and captured a distant scream.

Used a stronger lighting system and this was a fair test of the set up.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/4Tcd43zt-wM

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 am

Remains found at Mt Coot-tha 'may be more than a decade old'
Updated 10 Nov 2017, 10:37am

Police officers near a closed walking track on Mount Coot-tha, where human remains were found
on November 8, 2017.

PHOTO: The walking track has been closed while police investigate. (ABC News: Isobel Roe)

RELATED STORY: Remains found at Mt Coot-tha after hikers spot shoes poking out from brush

Human bones found at Mount Coot-tha in Brisbane's west this week appear to have been in
the area for more than 10 years, Queensland police have said.

Bushwalkers discovered the remains in rocky bushland off a popular walking track near
the JC Slaughter Falls car park about 11:15am on Wednesday.

Police said they were treating the discovery as non-suspicious and were continuing to go through
missing persons registers for clues to identify the remains.

They said it could take some time before forensic experts could confirm more details.
Police said on Wednesday the group of walkers was surveying Mt Coot-tha for a potential zipline project and saw a set of shoes underneath the brush of the bush, about 650 metres off the Aboriginal art trail.

When they went over and pulled on the shoe, the walkers found the human remains, police said.
Officers said a backpack, shoes and other personal toiletry items were also found.

Police said one of the lines of investigation was that the area was known to be frequented by homeless people.

The popular track is one of 66 in an extensive network of trails in the Mt Coot-tha Forest, located five kilometres from Brisbane's CBD.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-10/h ... ld/9137428

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Stuart Raymond Gatehouse: Missing between Kenilworth and Gympie 2004.

"Gatehouse is unusual because his car just disappeared off the face of the earth," Det Snr Sgt Edwards said.

THE mystery surrounding the disappearance of a 45-year-old man and his car brings his case to the fore when Sunshine Coast police discuss the region's missing people.

Sunshine Coast Criminal Investigation Branch officer-in-charge Daren Edwards said the case of Stuart Gatehouse was still a mystery for investigators, more than 12 years after he disappeared.

The Tasmanian had been living at Kenilworth when he left to drive to Gympie in a red VL Commodore in April 2004.

Neither he nor his car have not been seen since.
Detective Senior Sergeant Edwards said the car had last been seen driving on Walli Creek Road.

"Gatehouse is unusual because his car just disappeared off the face of the earth," Det Snr Sgt Edwards said.

AUSTRALIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK: Yowie report from Kenilworth.

Imbil State Forest, Kenilworth
Annette Jeffs recently retold a friend's encounter with what is believed to be a Yowie on ABC Local Radio.
Whichever way you see it, Annette's story is either fascinating or unreal, but for cryptozoological researcher Gary Opit it's another piece to the puzzle in tracking down Australia's version of Bigfoot.
Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience involving the search for animals whose existence is disputed. We're talking yowies, bigfoot and really big cats.
Have you seen a Yowie? Join our Facebook discussion.
The sighting - Imbil State Forest, Kenilworth, Sunshine Coast
Annette tells the captivating story...
"It was a very good friend of mine and I do believe everything she tells me, and she was also with another friend who I know quite well and who is a school teacher and neither wants to be named for fear of being ridiculed," she said.
"My friend is a photographer and they were out doing night time shooting.
"It was along the Fig Tree walk, just opposite the Charlie Moreland campground.
"They were walking through the bush at night time by torch light and they were heading down towards the creek and they got a really strange strong smell and they both commented and said, 'yuk, isn't' that a horrible smell. What a disgusting smell'.
"They went a little bit further and heard a crunching noise through the bush ahead of them, and then they saw it, with two big red eyes staring back at them.
"Not too close, just a little bit away from them.
"Whatever it was, they said it was quite tall, and it kept going and then every now and then it would turn around and look back at them.
"They shone their torches on it and they couldn't really make out what it was, but all they could clearly see were these red eyes.
"Anyway they were freaked out and started heading back towards the car and kept turning the torches off because they were afraid they might get attacked or something.
"As they approached the car they heard the dog they'd left locked in the car freaking out and going mental, just barking and barking.
"They thought whatever the thing was; it was now at the car trying to attack the dog. Anyway they got back to the car, the dog was alright thankfully, so they quickly got into the car and drove home.
"As soon as they got home, my friend went straight to the computer and starting researching.
"They didn't have a clue, no idea what they'd seen, but the thing that kept coming up from their searches was yowie.
"They were shocked. They wanted to report it to someone reputable, but are fearful of being ridiculed at work," recounts Annette.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/201 ... 989876.htm

A Yowie Hunt in Kenilworth

By Sunshine Valley Gazette | on September 29, 2015

There has been a Yowie sighting just south of Kenilworth.
Two birdwatchers searching for owls late one night on Fig Tree Walk at Little Yabba Creek spotted the man-like creature, covered in thick black fur, staring at them with glowing red eyes.
“It was very much a tall upright shape, not stooped over at all like a gorilla,” one of the birdwatchers, who asked not to be named, said of the frightening encounter.
“It was stocky, but not broad shouldered or muscle bound, just an average well-built hairy figure with a size proportionate head… and… the red glowing eyes.
“I did consider taking a photo with my camera but I didn’t as I was certain the flash would have terrified it and it would have attacked us.
“My only priority was for my friend and I to get out of there safely.”
Kenilworth is described as a Yowie sighting ‘hot spot’ so local resident Peta Hempsall, decided to visit the site with some friends for a “Yowie hunt” to search for the creature.
The administrators of the Sunshine Coast Yowie Research Facebook page said the encounter was not an isolated one – there have been two confirmed and 36 unconfirmed sightings on the Sunshine Coast in the past 12 months.
They describe Kenilworth as a Yowie sighting “hot spot”.
“Little Yabbie Creek is a very active area for reports, and also Beerwah and Landsborough,” David Taylor, the Yowie Research site’s administrator, said.
“We often get contacted by people there who have heard howls, tree knocks, and have smelled the weird smell – a cross between rotten meat and a sewage plant – that is their typical body odour.”
He said sightings were only classed as “confirmed” if accompanied by such evidence or actual sightings by the researchers themselves.
Meantime, one of the birdwatchers said she had no intention of ever returning to the site, adding that “just thinking about it” makes her nervous.
But that didn’t stop local resident Peta Hempsall, who decided to gather some friends together to return to the site for a “Yowie hunt” to search for the creature.
“It seems to be unusual that, out of all those stories, none of them are true –I’m sure that a lot of them aren’t true – but you’d think that at least one or two of them are true,” Ms Hempsall said.
The “Yowie hunt” became the talk of campers at Little Yabba Creek camp site as they gathered around their campfires and at the communal electric barbecue.The usual debate raged as to whether the Yowie – or Bunyip – actually existed in secluded or remote bushland.
Despite walking through Fig Tree walk in the dead of night – twice – Ms Hempsall and her band saw only a handful of possums, kangaroos and several scurrying marsupials.
The lack of a sighting hasn’t dampened their enthusiasm.
“It’s always when you’re not looking that you find things, so we’ll keep searching, we’re keen for another look,” she said.
The birdwatchers, however, had heard other recent stories of a sighting in April at the nearby Booloomba Creek campground.
“Hopefully you can find some other people who have also seen such things who are willing also to speak up about their encounters,” she said.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Ray Doherty wrote:In relation to the Marcus Gormley case, everything there is what is in the newspapers. Ron and I did our own investigations and this is far from closed, why ? well lets look at it.

1. No one can find the journalist Kirra Love who reported on it, I have tried may someone else can help
2. The inquest was closed not even the family was allowed in
3. to my knowledge the family still has not been given a cause of death
4. the top half of his body has never been found
5. Police said in 2009 they know when and how he died but have never publicly released the information

There are still way too many unanswered questions in this case, questions that need answers, the local Police wont say jack about it (have tried) the only way we can find out is via back channels but it needs to be looked at.

If anyone has any concrete or written evidence to update this I would love to hear it

Cheers
Absolutely correct Ray.

One of the most mysterious and perplexing cases I have encountered, possibly only rivaled by those
of John Shaw, Rocky Elio and poor little William Tyrell.

Years have passed and there is still nothing mentioned in any of the annual state or federal reports.
Why? Makes no sense at all and is completely insensitive to his family and friends.

I have a tentative theory based on circumstantial evidence that Marcus Gormley may have been a
Yowie hunter himself.

Allow me if you will : An avid yowie hunter is found mangled, only his lower torso is located.
The places that he most frequented were the rougher more inaccessible terrains.
Marcus spent a great deal of his time in areas known for yowie activity going back to at least the 70's
as a 36 year old man he would have most certainly grown up with local stories of them .
In particular this one...

"January 1980. Coffs Harbour NSW Day.

"The hardy North Coast perennial, the legend of the Yowie, has broken into the spotlight again... a middle aged itinerant worker claims to have spotted the elusive beast on a Boambee banana plantation. Although wishing to remain anonymous for fear of ridicule, his articulate description and obvious fear lend some weight to his claim. He said he saw a seeming half-human, half-animal form bristling with masses of red hair... about six months ago... he thought he was seeing things but the next day he caught a fleeting glimpse of it again dashing through the plantation. That afternoon he collected his pay, vowing never to return there - and he hasn't"

Marcus's body was found in an area that I would consider has an historically healthy cluster of reports.
in fact look at the second graphic...a very healthy history and range of reports.

It at least explains some sort of motive for the Coroner and the police's actions. and something is always better than nothing.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm

I think a flyer/ brouchure similar to the parks and wildlife warning Paul posted in another thread, sent to every household in Australia would be the only plausible way to inform the public of the existence of the yowie. It would have to be sensibly worded and a decent illustration and would probably gain immediate mainstreem attention.
Yowie Bait

ronstar1
Bronze Status

Unread post by ronstar1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi Paul Raymond Gatehouse was found a couple of months ago he had driven into borumba dam,
As for the Gormly case there was a sighting on the data base at Dairyville 6 mths previous
Ron

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 am

ronstar1 wrote:Hi Paul Raymond Gatehouse was found a couple of months ago he had driven into borumba dam,
As for the Gormly case there was a sighting on the data base at Dairyville 6 mths previous
Ron
Cheers for that Ron.

I have to admit I nearly vetted the Gatehouse case out of the research because his vehicle was not found.
I'm glad I didn't because now thanks to you the matter is resolved in my head.

So a big thanks matey.

(thumb up)

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:59 am

ronstar1 wrote:Hi Paul Raymond Gatehouse was found a couple of months ago he had driven into borumba dam,
Ron

Speaking of the sighting I missed on the Gormley case, co-incidentally today
whilst data trawling TROVE for the earliest historical references to
" Australian Bush Gorilla" I tripped over this tiny fragment in a general items news
print article...

"Dungog Chronicle NSW Fri 27 Jun 1913

Up at Kendall a number of residents have seen a wild gorilla or ape
in the bush however that may be the sly grog."

That little snippet would have been hugely helpful when I was collecting yowie reports
from Kendall following William Tyrell's disappearance.

Cheers Ron

TheBlackStump
Gold Status - Frequent Poster

Unread post by TheBlackStump » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am

Hey Paul

Just a thought here.... Henry Kendall Cottage/Historical Museum is just up the road from me at West Gosford and I was thinking that it may be possible to access H K poetry or writtings about the Hairy People from there that may not be available anywhere on the net. They have a historian/caretaker that works there.

H K used to live there and just up the hill at West Gosford is a place call Henry Kendall Rock where it is said he wrote poetry.

Also a local guy who is an artist that I have met before is the long time patron for H K Cottage so he might know a bit also. Off topic but a bit of local history..... Patrons name is Charles Acheson who is the 7th Earl of Gosford. Charlie inherited the title from his father and Charlie used to sit in the House of Lords in the UK parliament. Charlie came to Gosford in 1983 when Gosford became a city. He met a woman while he was here , married her and gave the UK parliament the finger and has lived here ever since pursuing his passion as an artist/arts .......

http://henrykendallcottage.org.au/

Searcher
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Searcher » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:31 pm

In keeping with this topic's theme of missing persons, here's a heads up for a premiere screening.

Next Saturday night, 16th December, on Foxtel's Channel 613 Crime Investigation between 9.30 and 11.30 pm, there is a 2 hour show entitled Missing 411. Program info says:

Based on the book series, Missing 411 chronicles the eerily similar disappearances of five children in the wilds of North America's National Parks and Forests across multiple decades. A real-life horror story for those involved, the documentary film examines each case from multiple perspectives in an attempt to shed light on the unsettling topic. Les Stroud of Survivorman and Obama-appointed, former Secretary of the Interior, Ken Salazar are both interviewed for their insight into the topic, as are the families who have fallen victim to tragedy.

I'm sure most here would be familiar with David Paulides work. I'll be watching and recording for reference.

Searcher
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Searcher » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 am

Well, the 'Missing 411' premiere promised a lot but didn't really deliver. So if you missed out, not to worry!

The 2 hour duration suggested lots of repetition and padding. And that's the way it panned out.

The Bigfoot word was mentioned about once and that was with mirth attached. Clear direction and possible conclusions were something this program lacked.

It is really strange and very sad the way people, particularly children, can seemingly disappear from the face of the earth. It defies explanation when the remains of a two year old are found years later around 10 miles from where they went missing. Something carried hime there... but what? The available forensic evidence provides no clues.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:08 am

Well that's 2017 almost over. I just finished a couple of recap video's ( both with new material as well) briefly going over my first year at full time research into this controversial subject matter .

As Iv'e said before I'm no scientist or a naturalist, I have no real education to speak of and was raised in a rough blue collar household, I'm just a normal sort of bloke trying to document my experiences as best as I can after experiencing a pretty dark encounter.

My focus has been in two area's.

1) Attempting to get a "Yowie" or "Australian Bush ape" on film with some sort of reasonable clarity.

2) Looking into long term missing persons cases and recovered human remains cases that occur in and around wild area's or area's of urban encroachment.
(A) That have certain similarities but are officially labeled as "No suspicious circumstances" but are "Refereed to
the coroner" and then the case findings are sealed, lost or very vague despite highly questionable
circumstances.

For all that my work, this first year has lacked or overstated, I know over time and with experience it will get better because that is my nature in any en devour...just to do my best and try to lean from the wiser more experienced people I encounter in life.

So I hope that over the last year I've at least kept a few board users entertained or that Ive posted something that has contributed in some way to the subject.

I hope this Christmas brings you all happiness and good fortune.
Cheers
Paul

Part one, Year one...

https://youtu.be/J9Vlmc9wAUQ

Part two...The missing

https://youtu.be/QOZizGepXaM

My you tube page "Global Monster" is a not for profit, add free video archive and
all opinions expressed there in are solely my own.

Cheers

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Latest batch of missing profile cards.

These cases have been emotionally draining for me to research for the obvious reasons.

I suppose that's why I've left them till December to complete.

Cheers

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Re: Long Term Missing Person's, recovered Human remains & Yowies

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Historical research derived from TROVE newspaper archived stories