A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:58 pm

And I would just like to reiterate that the red eye shine sighting happened on the same night as the shaking bush as well as all the area dogs going uncharacteristically ballistic. I also collected a few hair samples from the area I'm stating was an ambush site.
See video's above.


Cheers

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Wolf wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:51 am
Greg W C Sims wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am
inthedark wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 pm


Road camber.

It looks very much like tail lights, to me. The 'shape' is the actual car.
Road camber?

Put a ruler(straight edge) across the two "red lights",that`s a lot of camber,hate to be driving on that road in the wet!
Camber could be one element, another is the fact the camera is in no way level... it is swaying all over the place.
And Paul is down in a low spot while the road is higher up. Have another look at the google earth images, this explains the height of the 'eyes'.
The road even curves to match perfectly the 'turning away' of them.
" ...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
We know that he did not come through the door, the window, or the chimney. We also know that he could not have been concealed in the room, as there is no concealment possible. When, then, did he come?"

Sherlock Holmes: (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) The Sign of the Four, (1890)

1)In fact the road is at a lower elevation than my filming P.O.V (see video above)
2)There are no roadside reflector posts or any sort of street light poles.
3)No car headlights (white light) or subsequent shadowing from said lighting striking bushland trees can be seen.
No engine noise at all ,which at the time of filming (very late) would be amplified with no background ambient sounds diluting
said engine.
4)A confirmed locked gate at the time of filming and no security patrol in the area (according to the security company).
5) This was not an isolated incident that night,lending evidence as convergence. Local dogs lots of them which are normally quiet
were on high alert being upset by something in the local bushland. I investigated and disturbed something large, positioned in
scrub and under a tree adjacent to an overgrown fire trail. I managed to film the tree under which it was hiding shake as
whatever it was fled into deeper bushland. What is not on film is the shriek and growl it let out at the same time. I have
seperated the sound file from the footage and increased the volume, now part of the shriek can be heard.
6)I investigated the area around the tree the following day and there is clear evidence (Video and photographs as well as a large
hair sample ) indicating that something large had been occupying the spot. There was also augmentation of the scrubline wall
screening from the trail (an ambush hide). I doubt very much that local kids had constructed this. This is explained on the as of
yet unpublished video.

Cheers

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Wolf » Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 pm

inthedark wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:03 pm
Wolf wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm

I would take it a step further... no tent, (a hutchie will do to keep the rain and/or damp off while sleeping), no cameras or phones (except maybe a phone kept turned off for emergency use if needed)... and stay out for at least a couple of weeks. Live as 'stealth' as possible, fishing and foraging for tucker (if you can find enough you know you're in an area where a Yowie can certainly sustain itself as well).

Take a didge to play in the evenings to attract attention (better didges have an infrasonic range that should attract their interest as Yowies communicate in infrasound, according to the what we 'know' from witness accounts).
All good ideas. Needs a significant time commitment, though, so probably not as doable as the good old 'long weekend' of 3 days. I would be inclined to take a phone with a good camera, if no other recording gear is to be taken ... just in case Wookie decides to strike a pose in clear view.

Would be great to do the foraging/fishing thing, but would need so movement and so much gear to work .. not sure it wouldn't end up being more trouble than it's worth? Would perhaps be simpler and less intrusive (in that you could keep a much lower profile) to just take MRIs and use flameless heat.

Stealth mode all the way, though. That would be ideal. Move about as quietly as possible, and just watch and listen.
Stealth would be strictly to avoid human contact in any way.

You are never going to succeed in trying to not be noticed by the Hairy Blokes (if they are about)... however their curiosity as to why you are TRYING to be stealthy is what will give you an encounter (once again, if they are about). So don't worry about keeping movement down for any reasons other than avoid humans seeing you.

No need to go fireless (as long as it is small, at night, and any flames and smoke not observable from a distance). The smell of smoke may be another factor in arousing their curiosity so go for it... boil the billy and cook up some yabbies you've fished out of the creek. Just use a small fire with well-dried wood so little smoke is put off that a human may notice from a distance. Shield the flames so they don't give away your position as well.

As for 'gear' required to eat more than MREs... You don't need much for foraging... a digging stick or tool (machete would do) for fern tubers, etc.
For example, Yabbies in creeks are easily caught by turning over rocks and grabbing them before they nick off... no tools needed other than your hands.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Good on you Paul for sticking to your guns and backing up your finds. You certainly must spend a lot of your time with your research! I really hope you catch some solid and clear footage and hey at least your actually doing something which is more than i can say for most of your critics! (thumb up)
Yowie Bait

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:47 pm

No fossil evidence?

Well yes there very well may be...
http://forgottenorigin.com/three-plus-o ... ment-22900

Interesting quotes
“The skull comes from the Wimmera area.”
"Irrespective of how, when and which genes, what is undeniable is that this being has a very large brain, bigger than ours, yet has a face that looks even more ancient than Lucy."
"The skull and bones of the archaic smaller skull was unearthed by shearers in 1953"

"Some people seem to think the red tape, government procrastination and a bureaucracy that moves ever so slowly means speed and efficiency are never part of any official response. That may be on some occasions, but a rapid exception was made in our case. Within two weeks of publishing an article and video on the earlier skulls, official contact was made. Relevant Government departments and the police were more than interested in our research, and as it was put to me our actions in disturbing what was stated to me to be a ‘crime scene’ required a written response defending my actions.

My response was immediate in asking why is it when government agents removed the bones and certainly never returned them as found, which certainly qualifies as large-scale ‘disturbance’ that has been documented and admitted to, there was no need to involve the police nor report the archaeology as suspicious? Why is it two years earlier after the initial removal and a lack of duty of care when returning was not pursued, but simply measuring and replacing in a better state than this ramshackle dumping, demands different levels of government being actively involved? Moreover, a complete dereliction of duty in refusing to follow up is also considered acceptable to those entrusted with protecting Original archaeology, while trying to tidy up the vacuum and accept the patently obvious gets grief from every relevant body?

A Message From Above

The phone call was the entrée, his name is irrelevant but the Government Department is worthy of notice, the registered letter demanding explanations he promised would be sent, arrived soon after. Sent on behalf of the “Office of Environment & Heritage” they were offering me an “OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLAIN ALLEGED IMPACT OR HARM TO ABORIGINAL OBJECTS.” Alerted to “a report of harm to two Aboriginal burials” I was given the “opportunity to provide further information to assist in our investigation and allow you an opportunity to show cause why OEH should not take regulatory action in response to the alleged harm of two Aboriginal burials.” The upshot was I had to prove not my innocence, but that I wasn’t guilty through supplying acceptable reasons not to take “regulatory action.”

Listing the actual penalties on offer certainly made it clear as to the tone of this letter and intended effect. As was clearly stated “maximum individual penalties for the worst offences are fines of $275,000 or 1 year imprisonment, or both, or in circumstances of aggravation fines of $550,000 or 2 years imprisonment, or both.” Further on I was given twelve separate questions to respond to with a closing date supplied.

Thorough and prompt, this letter came after reading our three reports and some videos and covered all aspects of the day on site. The intentions were clear, a liberal dose of fear and legal intimidation should quieten down the scene and see us cower in the corners.


Always tell the truth and welcome every consequence, which must include a bigger brain, unprecedented slope, massive eyes..."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Simon M » Wed May 09, 2018 2:10 am

As ever, anything that rocks the boat in any way will be ignored. They don't even bother to try and discredit it these days, they just tell you day is night and expect you to agree.

I have no doubt there is evidence which has been ignored, deliberately 'lost' or misidentified, etc. It's more trouble and expense than it's worth to admit the possibility of these animals existing. The Government can't police every National Park or wilderness area in Australia. It's impossible to do that, but any attempt to do so to any degree - even just to be seen to be doing something constructive about it - would be massively expensive. To admit these things are there would stuff up the forestry industry, so they turn a blind eye to it all. That's my opinion, anyway.

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Black » Wed May 09, 2018 6:51 am

Paul,

Congrats. In my opinion, that red eyeshine video is already a piece of solid evidence.

I've seen something similar in the past, (which may be closing my judgement) and was so impressed with what I saw, I spent months doing night time vigils with a magtorch strapped to my video camera, in an attempt to film what I had seen.

Digital video recording has come a long way since those days and I'm impressed with what you've captured. Can you rule out known wildlife in the area? I'm pretty sure there are ancient threads on this forum that cover eyeshine color of known australian animals that may be useful in a thorough examination of your video.

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Black » Wed May 09, 2018 7:14 am

Additionally, I researched a Yowie sighting in Redbank Plains a couple of years back.

Of greater relevance though, is I know of a Yowie sighting not far from the RAAF Amberley Base, about two weeks ago. A yowie seen clambering up a cliff face or hill on dusk. I take it, the base wouldn't be far from where you are researching, Paul? The sighting was made by a ranking officer.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm

AVERAGE JOES GUIDE TO RE-ANIMATING A FLOGGED AND LONG DEAD HORSE.

Personal experiences and witness testimonies are, in science, considered the weakest form of evidence. In fact such witness statements are not even considered good supporting evidence for a claim.
Ironically these same types of evidence in a court of law can convict a person to life imprisonment and in some countries even cost an individual their very life via the death penalty.

WITNESS REPORTS, HISTORICAL ACCOUNTS AND ORAL TRADITIONS AS GENUINE
RESEARCH TOOLS: CONSISTENCY, CONVERGENCE AND FRAMING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS

All science begins not with hard data ,rather it begins by framing the right questions.

QUESTION: Is there any evidence indicating the existence of an undescribed upright primate like creature in Australia?
1) Given the Wallace line biological barrier, (restricting primate migrating from asia onto the Australian continent), what alternative migration route would allow for an upright archaic primates (the so called" Yowie") widely reported appearance in Australia.
2) Other than a primate, what alternative biological species model would fit with witness discriptions from modern, historical and pre-historical reports.

METHOD:
a) Compile and map as many sightings reports as possible which contain location and date range information.
b) Investigate areas where historical accounts overlap modern reports
c ) Note any clusters that form in the data.
d) Establish a best case senerio research location in order to perform practicle feild research
e) Identify and develop new or untested feild research methods
f) Identify potential habitat, it's natural resources
g) Investigate and interpret oral traditions of any Aboriginal peoples that inhabited the region .

REGION SELECTION BASED ON THE ABOVE POINTS:
a) SOUTH EASTERN QUEENSLAND
SUGGESTED POINT OF ORIGIN:
a) MOGGILL CONSERVATION PARK via THE D'AGUILAR RANGES
THE GREEN ZONE AND URBAN ENCROACHMENT.

Suggested habitat of the so called "Yowie".
Mapped sightings and reports clusters indicate Yowie sightings are increasing in areas where urban development has encroached into formerly wild areas of Australia.
Paradoxicaly yet just as relevant, there are regions once decimated by extensive mining and forrest logging activities, which are now regenerating into dense vegetation zones which are in turn connected to legislated, protected wild preserves.
One such area of note is Tivoli (formerly north Ipswich) in south eastern Queensland, where housing development is still sparse but will in time expand as developer interest increases ,driven by profitering potential in an artificialy inflated and over priced market around captitol cities and surrounding suburbs.
These areas of natural vegetation re-growth have created forest corridors connecting urban area's with long preserved wild mountainous reserves. One such example and the area of study is the re-growth corridor connecting the suburbs of Tivoli and Chuwar with Moggill state forest, a region that streches into the wild and expansive D'aguilar ranges located in south eastern Queensland .
These re-generated green zones connect directly into developing suburban expansion areas and provide direct access, under vegetation cover, for many wildlife species normally only found in preserves and national parklands. This re-expansion of species habitation, pushing closer to human settlement and vise versa, would also include movements through these places by the primate like cryptid the Yowie.

BACKGROUND:
Moggill Conservation Park is 22km west of central Brisbane on the outskirts of Pullenvale and Anstead.This 491ha park forms part of the D’Aguilar Range, a bushland corridor that extends north to Woodford.The corridor provides valuable habitat for wildlife in fact the land in and surrounding Moggill Conservation Park has sustained life for thousands of years.
The rainforests of the range, especially those of Mt Glorious, are descendants of, and have a broad similarity in structure to ancient forests which existed 100 million years ago.
Camping is not permitted in Moggill Conservation Park.
There is no public transport to Moggill Conservation Park.
Public access to Moggill park's hiking trails is via a carpark on Chalcot Road, which is north off Mount Crosby Road, located in the Ipswich region of South Eastern Queensland.

TRADITIONAL PEOPLES
Early reference to first people who inhabited the range is scanty however evidence of Aboriginal occupation includes Bora grounds near the Moggill Pony Club and O'Brien Road. Another Bora ring is located at the end of Riversleigh Road.Today there are few relics of thousands of years of occupancy. Bora rings are the most obvious physical remnant of a cultural past. Bora rings exist at Moggill, Keppera, Wights Mountain, Samsonvale, Laceys Creek, Mt Pleasant, Dayboro, Northbrook, England Creek, Dundas, Mt Esk Pocket and Oakey creek. Other physical signs include tree scars and burial sites and some small artefacts have been found.
Notes on bora ring traditions.

Although the Bora ring tradition is outwardly a male only initiation ceremony and rite of passage, it's connection to dreaming creation spirit archetypes produces some interesting visuals in the form of cave paintings and bora ring effigies, all concerning giant humanoids with strange physical attributes that are also noted in the various descriptions of Yowie (see images below).

Traditional peoples of the region
The Jinibara was the tribe that overarched the clans of the D’Aguilar Range. There are three groups consistently referenced in connection with the D’Aguilar area. The Garumngar people occupied the area from Moggill northward to Mt Mee (this covers most of the D’Aguliar Range); the Dungidau people occupied territory north and west of Mt Mee (northern part of the range westward) and the Turrbal people occupied the area east of the range northwards to the North Pine river. The language group for the area was Wakka Wakka .

Aboriginal people used a variety of plants for food and for medicine and for manufacturing utensils. Animals were utilised in accordance with strict lores. The landscape itself was alive and there were rules that governed access to parts of the land that were restricted for spiritual reasons. The landscape and its assets were strategically accessed and managed to maintain perpetual health and wellbeing for all of the communities that lived there.
The burning of country was conducted for a variety of reasons. Burn regimes maintained by first people have lead to the evolution of vegetation that required specific fire regimes to preserve ecological stability. The interruption of the connection between first people with their landscape (by European settlement) and the introduction of successful weed species has lead to a rapid change in the natural balance of this vegetation
Aboriginal land management over the past 40,000 years has had a significant influence on the development of Australia’s native wildlife. Aboriginal people had a strong association with their landscape, both socially and culturally. The Dreaming represents a belief system that guides the interactions of Indigenous people with their landscape and its living components. This belief system positions people as part of the living environment which they inhabited. The landscape was viewed as a living entity which required respect and integration with people and their activities.
During the successive occupation of European communities, Aboriginal communities were displaced by forceful removal, massacre, assimilation through religious and government policy and takeover of traditional lands. The process was so complete that the connection between present day Indigenous people and their past has been all but severed.

NATURAL RESOURCES : Flora and fauna documented in the region

FLORA
The forests and flora are diverse, with a variety of ecosystems being represented on the range. At higher elevations (e.g. Mt Glorious) and sheltered gullies (e.g. Boombana National Park) rainforests are found. Figs, Quandong's, Cedar and Palms thrive here, hosting orchids and other epiphytes. Bordering these rich damp forests are wet sclerophyll forests - often with rainforest understorey, dominated by Blue gums (Eucalyptus saligna), Brushbox (Lophostemum confertus) and Tallowwood (E. microcorys). Dry sclerophyll forests dominate at lower elevations and on drier slopes. Grey gums, Stringybarks, Ironbarks, Apples (Angophora spp.) and Casuarinas are common overstorey species here, with wattles, hoveas, grass-trees, creepers and kangaroo grass below.

FAUNA
The fauna is also rich in variety. Birds like the Regent Bowerbird, the Paradise Riflebird, and Wompoo Dove are to be found in the rainforests, while Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos, Goshawks, Wedge-tailed Eagles, parrots, wrens, robins, finches and honeyeaters are just some of the birds found in the more open wet and dry sclerophyll forests. Over sixty species of birds have been recorded in the area. The following is a birdlist compiled over four years at Harland Rd, Mt Glorious, in wet schlerophyll forest close to rainforest:Along with the abundant owls - often intent on a feed of frogs - possums, gliders and bandicoots are active at night. Dingos and goannas are common. A variety of snakes, skinks, spiders and other insects thrive in the sub-tropical heat.

CURRENT RESEARCH LOACTIONS AND MAPPED WITNESS REPORTS.

TO BE CONTINUED...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:13 pm

IMAGES CONTINUED FROM THE ABOVE...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Black wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:14 am
Additionally, I researched a Yowie sighting in Redbank Plains a couple of years back.

Of greater relevance though, is I know of a Yowie sighting not far from the RAAF Amberley Base, about two weeks ago. A yowie seen clambering up a cliff face or hill on dusk. I take it, the base wouldn't be far from where you are researching, Paul? The sighting was made by a ranking officer.
That is great to hear matey as I captured a potential sighting on I.R footage on the outskirts of Amberly one night mid last year.
Independently reported convergence is crucial, I feel, in trying to make some sort of concrete case out of disparagement and fragmented reports, investigated using methodologies developed mainly in the U.S and dealing with a completely different set of environment evolutionary variables, that may be of little use in this continents sparse, arid and harsher conditions.

I'm not shocked the report was made by an officer at the base, I in my military service had plenty of strangeness occur in the field on exercise mostly at night in places such as Kapooker, Enoggera, Tully,Nowra and the Singleton ranges not to mention working as a range operator at El-alamein near Port Augusta in SA. I never put all the incidents together as Yowie related until after 2012 and bloody West Wyalong.

Cheers Black

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:57 pm

I just wanted to post this video link of reported sightings that I compiled a while back mainly because I mentioned it in the above post and for those that might not have seen the scope it brings to bear on just how many reports have been made. Scary really.

User avatar
BigFootYowie
Approved Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by BigFootYowie » Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm

Im dropping a car off tonight on Kholo Road not far from kholo Bridge, yes ill be asking them have they seen anything strange around the area.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:52 pm

BigFootYowie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm
Im dropping a car off tonight on Kholo Road not far from kholo Bridge, yes ill be asking them have they seen anything strange around the area.
Nice one. Also ask about any weird sounds they might have heard late at night or very early (pre sunrise) in the morning.
Very interested to heard what responses you got.
Cheers matey

User avatar
BigFootYowie
Approved Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by BigFootYowie » Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm

paulmcleod67 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:52 pm
BigFootYowie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm
Im dropping a car off tonight on Kholo Road not far from kholo Bridge, yes ill be asking them have they seen anything strange around the area.
Nice one. Also ask about any weird sounds they might have heard late at night or very early (pre sunrise) in the morning.
Very interested to heard what responses you got.
Cheers matey
To easy mate ill let you no later tonight.

Haha you wont believe this.. just looking at the address where i have to pick it up from.

goto google maps street view 14/ palmer pl murrarie

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed May 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Hahaha what are the odds????? :D

Image
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 pm

BigFootYowie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm
paulmcleod67 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:52 pm
BigFootYowie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm
Im dropping a car off tonight on Kholo Road not far from kholo Bridge, yes ill be asking them have they seen anything strange around the area.
Nice one. Also ask about any weird sounds they might have heard late at night or very early (pre sunrise) in the morning.
Very interested to heard what responses you got.
Cheers matey
To easy mate ill let you no later tonight.

Haha you wont believe this.. just looking at the address where i have to pick it up from.

goto google maps street view 14/ palmer pl murrarie
Well blow me down with a dirty daffy duck feather ...
What are the statistical odds of that address being directly related (contextually) to you picking up a car from an area investigated by myself based on a witness sighting near the Kholo bridge?
Is it possible that the business location and name are inspired by local legends of the hairy peeps?
Nah that would be too much kismet (word of the day) me thinks.
Might be worth asking about how they came up with the marketing idea and logo of the business?

My day just got cheerier so thanks for that ol mate.
Cheers

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Yowie bait » Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Have seen a few of the " bigfoot signs" cars around. Its a slick logo. Looks great up close. (thumb up)
Yowie Bait

User avatar
BigFootYowie
Approved Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by BigFootYowie » Wed May 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Ok Thats just where his car Broke Down he works across the rd pretty trippy still.
The Business was shut when i got there or i would have asked whats the go with the bigfoot name.
The Fella who broke down his been living at kholo rd for 10 years very close to bridge closest house on the Ipswich side.
So hes seen nothing, the only noises his heard are idiots down at the Bridge & few gun shots.
Wonder whats being shot at?

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Thanks for taking the time to ask him matey
Cheers

User avatar
BigFootYowie
Approved Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by BigFootYowie » Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 pm

paulmcleod67 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:49 pm
Thanks for taking the time to ask him matey
Cheers
all good mate i was hoping he might ive heard or seen something.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 am

Finally had some time to work an an interesting set of still frames from Chuwar of a blisteringly fast run by. It is literally only seen in two frames from the footage and even then only one frame gives a reasonable look at its conical shaped head and silhouettes a bulky body that is mostly obscured by vegetation....You know...the usual excuses... "Missed it by that much Chief. "

But I like it so here it is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Here's a version with an enlargement of the head included. Its another "nothing special here" image but at least my efforts are transparent...pun intended.
I histogram corrected,brightened and added a deeper color adjustment layer then a slight blur to soften the pixelation out somewhat. Still a long way from being far away from anything like a clear image of the creature. I found the conical shape to the head interesting enough to include. All the misses and missed opportunities just make me more determined to get better footage .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by inthedark » Fri May 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Wolf wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 pm
inthedark wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:03 pm
Wolf wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm

I would take it a step further... no tent, (a hutchie will do to keep the rain and/or damp off while sleeping), no cameras or phones (except maybe a phone kept turned off for emergency use if needed)... and stay out for at least a couple of weeks. Live as 'stealth' as possible, fishing and foraging for tucker (if you can find enough you know you're in an area where a Yowie can certainly sustain itself as well).

Take a didge to play in the evenings to attract attention (better didges have an infrasonic range that should attract their interest as Yowies communicate in infrasound, according to the what we 'know' from witness accounts).
All good ideas. Needs a significant time commitment, though, so probably not as doable as the good old 'long weekend' of 3 days. I would be inclined to take a phone with a good camera, if no other recording gear is to be taken ... just in case Wookie decides to strike a pose in clear view.

Would be great to do the foraging/fishing thing, but would need so movement and so much gear to work .. not sure it wouldn't end up being more trouble than it's worth? Would perhaps be simpler and less intrusive (in that you could keep a much lower profile) to just take MRIs and use flameless heat.

Stealth mode all the way, though. That would be ideal. Move about as quietly as possible, and just watch and listen.
Stealth would be strictly to avoid human contact in any way.

You are never going to succeed in trying to not be noticed by the Hairy Blokes (if they are about)... however their curiosity as to why you are TRYING to be stealthy is what will give you an encounter (once again, if they are about). So don't worry about keeping movement down for any reasons other than avoid humans seeing you.

No need to go fireless (as long as it is small, at night, and any flames and smoke not observable from a distance). The smell of smoke may be another factor in arousing their curiosity so go for it... boil the billy and cook up some yabbies you've fished out of the creek. Just use a small fire with well-dried wood so little smoke is put off that a human may notice from a distance. Shield the flames so they don't give away your position as well.

As for 'gear' required to eat more than MREs... You don't need much for foraging... a digging stick or tool (machete would do) for fern tubers, etc.
For example, Yabbies in creeks are easily caught by turning over rocks and grabbing them before they nick off... no tools needed other than your hands.

All great ideas! I enjoy brainstorming this stuff. Adventures that just about anyone can indulge :)

Meantime, yes I was thinking stealth only because in National Parks, 'off-piste' camping is illegal. Sometimes it's safer not to cook at all ... just eat cold. Especially weekends and public holidays, when rangers are more active. But you didn't hear me say that ... you were home all day and didn't see thing (ninja)

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Eye shine filmed at night in South Eastern Queensland, all within a 50 kl radius of each other. Comparative eye spacing study.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Latest data points covering a 70 kls radius around Ipswich South Eastern Queensland.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Simon M » Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 am

This is all compelling information. As you say, if it were a court of law things would be seen differently in light of all the evidence you've acquired.

I think you're definitely getting better and more detailed information the longer you spend on this, and the way you're correlating sightings by geographical area is an intelligent way to appraise the info. I also think your methodical way of approaching evidence gathering will get results. The bugger of it is the sheer size of the area(s) in question. It's a massive thing to do, and requires not only organisation (and time and money and effort) but a healthy dose of good fortune. There's no way anyone can plan to be in the right place at the right moment, but I think you're on the right track, and you seem to be honing your techniques and becoming more strategic about it as you go.

I know I couldn't do what you're doing, but I admire your efforts and I think you're probably going to find quality evidence by employing your current methods. I'm not sure what the public's reaction would be if you did manage to find solid, inarguable evidence and I'm not sure what finding it might do to you personally (in terms of mass media attention, etc), but I admire your pursuit of this.

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Wolf » Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 am

"I'm not sure what the public's reaction would be if you did manage to find solid, inarguable evidence..."

... ridicule.

No matter how solid the evidence, the power of the media would be instantly employed to slander, ridicule, discredit the 'evidence' and generally make him out to be a nut... meanwhile behind the scenes no effort will be spared to remove any validity said evidence might have.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by inthedark » Wed May 23, 2018 10:51 am

Wolf wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 am
"I'm not sure what the public's reaction would be if you did manage to find solid, inarguable evidence..."

... ridicule.

No matter how solid the evidence, the power of the media would be instantly employed to slander, ridicule, discredit the 'evidence' and generally make him out to be a nut... meanwhile behind the scenes no effort will be spared to remove any validity said evidence might have.
Maybe not. When other 'new' species have been discovered, there isn't any ridicule. If a peer reviewed group of qualified and accredited scientists approached such discovery in the same way they do all other specie surprises, there's no reason it wouldn't be regarded as exactly what it is. New information on the natural world. Of course, there is the confounding factor of the enormous social and political difficulty such an animal presents. The first (and perhaps, only) creature which isn't quite human, and yet isn't quite animal. The issue of rights is a world-changer, just for starters.

User avatar
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359
Location: Tivoli Queensland
Contact:

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 am

Wolf wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 am
"I'm not sure what the public's reaction would be if you did manage to find solid, inarguable evidence..."

... ridicule.

No matter how solid the evidence, the power of the media would be instantly employed to slander, ridicule, discredit the 'evidence' and generally make him out to be a nut... meanwhile behind the scenes no effort will be spared to remove any validity said evidence might have.
Holy cow Batman! I thought my world view was pretty pessimistic lol. My dad used to say "Never lay down at the end of the day until you're sure you gave it your best." And then there's the good old, "All evil needs to triumph is that good men do nothing!"

What I do know is that all complex systems eventually fail or are superseded by change. That would included governments and corporations which are all cannibalistic, self consuming, chaotic entities driven by vice and greed. Point being my dad was a good bloke at heart as are most people. Government is put in place to execute the will of the people, never the reverse. Corporations are formed to generate profit streams for the few by selling the masses snake oil, shiny beads and blankets laced with small pox (finance at ridiculous repayment interest terms).

Change is possible, look at how much the last three generations have stuffed the planet up....thats change by definition. The trick is garnering the numbers for healthy change in the right areas. Our current global environment destruction is analogous to cutting out your own lung with a butter knife. Trust me I'm not political or even an environmentalist however I am 51 years of age and can plainly see negative changes that have occured to our environment in that time alone. I don't sleep very well at the end of my day dad.

Cheers matey

Post Reply