A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcleod.359

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Research hints for beginners.

1) Technology is your friend. Buy an HDD video camera with night shot capability and don't rely on Apple products exclusively,
they are for selfies and social media application and not much good for research gathering evidence.
(Ok that's debatable I suppose, moving on).

2) "The Yowie" (a term I am beginning to loathe) is suggested to be a predominantly nocturnal ambush predator.
Search for them in that capacity. At night and not in a group...that is...alone.

3) Research a location for a combination of relatively abundant modern and historical reports going back as far as possible
you can start doing that (the historical part) here...
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/

4) Find out what wildlife inhabits the area you are interested in. This will give you food sources and also a library of sights and
sounds that can be used in reduction of a false positives which will help in producing better evidence. Australian
wildlife do have some crazy calls which can be misleading especially at night.

5) Present your evidence in as many places as possible along with your background notes. Expect a lot of Trolls in doing this but also
a ton of good advice and observations. Try and use YOUR REAL details, within reason, when posting for appraisal...but have a thick
skin as the skeptics are necessarily....skeptical. However an open minded skeptic is well worth listening to as it will help you in
the long run.

6) And In my opinion MOST important. Constantly re-evaluate your potential evidence. Sometimes you will find things you have
missed. Genuine researchers will also notice stuff that you have not...all good.

THAT'S ABOUT IT
Other than that just take care out there and be careful and prepared for emergencies. Let at least two other people know of your trip and your expected return time. Take the correct communications devices, MOBS and if possible SAT MOBS. A compasss and maps as backup if GPRS fails and plenty of water as well as a basic first aid kit. I also carry physical protection (I don mean a condum lol).

Cheers

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:30 pm

P.S

I neglected to mention taking multiple device batteries and SD cards if applicable and a good strong light source for navigation and illumination for normal light filming at night. I use mini Halogens as opposed to LED lights or MAG lights, Dolphins ect.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:45 am

Well its been an interesting night of shenanigans at my place.

At the advice of Dr Gary Opit I keep a written research diary of notes and observations concerning events not documented on film
prior to and after any "Yowie" related matters that might be of some interest retrospectively.

I agreed from the point of view that it will save me explaining myself ad nauseum after the event and leave a firm record to refer to.
As a poster only here on this forum I have no administration powers of alteration or deletion, so that in effect what is written sticks and is date stamped to boot. I also conceded that a lack of accurate, detailed, real time written record keeping has placed a shadow of doubt over some of my early claims visa vi West Wyalong in 2012. And although I have tried to (upon my fiancees recent permission to do so) along with some well thought out skeptical prodding and questioning from a few of our esteemed board members, learned that such documentation WILL save a lot of digressive hole filling posts...so to speak.

As such I thought it might be interesting to post last nights (27.3.2018) background research diary entry whilst the HD footage is processing for youtube upload which I will link below this when its done.

Very weird night.

INCIDENT DIARY

TIVOLI S.E QUEENSLAND

Tivoli "Welcome Village" Caravan Park just north of Ipswich in S.E Queensland.

BACKGROUND RE-CAP

Having moved here in January 2017 from Coastal Bondi in Sydney N.S.W for the purpose of pursuing research connected to
the bi pedal Cryptid colloquially known as"The Yowie". I had booked a cabin situated as close to the natural scrub and bushland as possible in order to study existing local wildlife and plant groups. This effort was background research designed to give me an idea as to whether or not there was enough natural resources to sustain a reputedly large and robust relic hominid like creature, as reported to exist in the region. It should also be noted that Tivoli sits near the banks of the Bremmer river, an offshoot of the Brisbane river. Being an obvious resource for fish and other aquatic and semi aquatic lifeforms. Add to this various opossums and ground marsupials along with fruit bat populations, birdlife, a reported population of feral pigs and rabbits, reptiles of lizard and snake, cane toads and frogs and a robust population of spiders and insect life, most of which I have personally observed at various times since January 2017 and my arrival in the area.

I have also filmed what may have been "The Ipswich Yowie" very near to the carvan park perimeter during January soon after arrival at the park. This event is documented in "The Queensland Times" online newspaper as " Researcher films The Ipswich Yowie."
The following day of the sighting I investigated the imediate area that I filmed the creature in. Locating two very large footprints, one of which was imbedded quite deeply into the then dusty substrate topsoil. I also located a very substantial amount of a strange fur like hair caught on the bark of a tree in the exact position of the filmed creature.

This is also recorded as it happened on HD video filmed at that time by myself. I later took a measurement from the base of the tree containing the hair sample to a position on the tree seen in the video footage of the creature. The total height measured was 2.3 meters from base to the sighted spot in the video footage.

All in all a remarkable and quite coincidental event that I was most fortunate to witness and film ,albeit from an extreme distance of some 500 meters away and well past recomended camera zoom function, which accounts for the very shaky (at times) footage.

I later filmed what I stipulate was a large dark creature peering from and hiding behind a large gum tree very near the Bremmer river a few days after the initial footage. Again filmed at a distance beyond recommended camera zoom settings and being somewhat shaky. Later still impression in the mud directly outside of the cabin near a window.

Our car also had strange greasy looking and very large finger marks numbering three, running from the left side on the bonnet or hood down onto the forequarter panel above the front wheel arch. These markings contained what appears to be dermal ridges shown in the smearing.

Those events are also documented on film and posted online and were such a cause of concern to my fiancee that we made a request to park management for relocation into a larger cabin.

We did not state truthfully why we wanted to relocate and that was at my insistence due to the inconclusive state of my research at that time. Rather I told them that I was writing a book about the local area history and its wildlife and also doing some background filming.

Activity in Tivoli abated soon after the above recorded incidents and my research became focussed on the areas of Pine Mountain and Chuwar also in the Ipswich region and few miles from Tivoli. These investigations are substantialy documented on film and available online for free at my youtube video diary channel entitled "Paul McLeod's Global Monster"

27th March 2018

Time 930 pm

A gentleman aged around his late 50's knocked on our cabin door. When I answered he enquired as to whether we had lived in "his" cabin, (located a few hundred metres away) a few moths ago. In fact we had stayed there but had requested to change cabins to a larger space. This was not the entire reason for us changing cabins, in fact we had moved because of strange incidents occuring at night outside our original cabin and my partner becoming too afraid to stay there.

I asked the fellow why he wanted to know, to which he said that stones had been thrown at his cabin at night and that strange noises were also occurring late at night and in the early hours prior to sunrise. He was concerned that we had upset someone and that, the unknown someone was assuming we were still living in the cabin and they were attempting to intimidate us but by mistake were upsetting his peace.

I told him I had no enemies or knew of any locals that might be upset with us to the best of my knowledge. I asked of him how he had obtained our current cabin location? He replied that he had gone to the manager's residence after hours to find out whom had lived in the cabin just prior to himself?

Strangely the manager had apparently given him our current cabin number, which annoyed me to a small extent, and of this I intend to make polite enquiries in the morning during office hours as to why our location was divulged without our consent to do so?

I asked if the gentleman would mind if I took a look around the perimeter of our old cabin once I had put on some thongs ( flip flops) and a shirt? He replied that He was "going out soon" after he arrived back at his/ our, old cabin and apologized for bothering me.
I said it was fine and if he had any more questions to come to myself and not to bother park management until I could speak to them myself and after I looked around a bit that night.

He had driven to our cabin and thus he departed. I put on my footware and a shirt and grabbed my camera and supporting halogen lamp and walked to our old cabin.

By the time I arrived on foot at our old cabin, the man had left the caravan park going about his stated business.

From here the events following are documented on video and will be made ,available to view on my
youtube chanel "Global Monster" via a link posted below when the footage has processed and been uploaded.

The footage will be unabridged and uncut allowing for joining of the segments filmed.

(Not that what I filmed is a big deal. I'm just proceeding as I was advised to by an expert.)

Paul John McLeod
11.54 pm

Cheers

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:04 am

The above mentioned video filmed at the "Welcome village caravan park" in Tivoli South Eastern Queensland, where in january 2017 I filmed what I believe was a female yowie some 500 meters from my filming position, outside of my then cabin.

Black
Silver Status
Position: Monk

Unread post by Black » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:39 am

Paul,

I endeavour to find and read your west Wyoming account of 2012, to gain a better appreciation where you're coming from and perhaps an explanation as to why you experienced what you did in the first place. That's clearly what's driving you.

All the best with your research. Nevertheless, i have a couple of things for you to ponder:

If the Yowie in your opinion is predominantly a night time predator, how might one be connected to the Tyrell boy, when he disappeared in broad daylight near his sister, within view of his house and other houses? If a yowie were connected to the Bayden-Clay tragedy, why did trained Detectives, Police, and forensic officers who investigated it, charge the husband who was ultimately found guilty and was convicted of her murder?

Your ideas are radical, and I'm concerned.

Have you had a good chat with Dean Harrison as to what he was doing immediately prior to his big encounters?

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:02 am

The devil is always in the details matey.
Did you read Baden Clays Autopsy report? And the coroners findings?
And the police obtained vehicle movement data?
Don't you find some of the legal action taken as slightly strange and very much whiffing of public outrage placation?

I'm not 100 percent sold on a yowie being involved either I just find some of the circumstances interesting.
If I think the system has missed something I bring it up.
As stated the Baden clay case has sat in one of my case folders since it began and I almost deleted it...until
another almost identical case popped up in the same region. Ill watch that for a while until the dust settles but I wanted
the baden clay case posted so I can compare both here for critical comparison.

Yowies are not exclusively nocturnal I don't recall stipulating that, I use the term nocturnal predator yes but its a loose association as we really don't know...yes? Working theories need some generalisations in order to get off the ground, start from nowhere....go no where.

After all is said and done I have no fear of simply being wrong. Being wrong is like being offended, their is no actual physical effect.
Being wrong is how one learns. I mean nobody walked with their first attempt at it.
Thinking out of the box or attempting to look at a given subject from an obtuse angle is an enjoyable experience for me.

I am almost at the point of ceasing active posts here on the forum, not for any negative reasons, rather it's not very engaging
for me anymore. In 2012 I knew virtually nothing but trucky stories concerning yowies, since then I have absorbed more information than in the twelve ten years I put into the Holt book. Unfortunately now it's all getting just too rhetorical.

So don't worry about me Black I'm all good. I am curious about you fear of this "backlash" One should always face there fears ol son.

Cheers

Black
Silver Status

Unread post by Black » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:30 am

Paul,

My concern regarding your radical ideas is your likely radical approach to field work. If you insist you are researching a predator who kidnaps and kills, it's likely you're fearful and want to protect yourself, and will likely be armed with more than just your camera. Full of fear, bravado, and armed, can put yourself or others at risk.

As for the backlash, the Baden-Clay matter was fully investigated and concluded. It was proven beyond a reasonable doubt with a jury panel of 12 who considered all the evidence. Backlash may come your way from Allison's friends and family. Also, you may attract backlash from a warrigal for disrespecting the dooligarl.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks for the concern Black.
I'm fine with my methods and not fearful in any way.
"Also, you may attract backlash from a warrigal for disrespecting the dooligarl."

I work with traditionals in my area and they are more than helpful and supportive Of what I do and how I do it.

So let the chips fall where they may.
Again thanks for the thoughtful input.

Cheers

Image from "The Thicket" in Chuwar Qld
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:45 am

The above first four images although apparently showing nothing, will be explained in an upcoming video concerning an incident whilst filming there.

Cheers

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:14 am

Here's an interesting reversal of fortune.

Whilst filming in Chuwar a few months ago I came accross a dark shadow in the treeline and thought "s#@t got one in daylight"
and because "it" did not move I resolved at a distance that it was a burnt stump so moved on.

A couple of days ago I was in that area and wandered into that bit of scrub....no stump and no stump removal or soil disturbance??

That second bit of footage showing no stump is being released shortly with a longer piece I mentioned above.

I also will be retracting the comment concerning " a pet" which on closer inspection is leaf paradoilia.

Black
Silver Status

Unread post by Black » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Paul,

A few annoying questions. What was it with what you saw, that prompted you at the time to quickly conclude it was just a burnt tree stump and move on? Just that it was black and wasn't moving? If this happens again to you, will you move in close to confirm?

The big question is what proof do you have your re-visit to the spot is the exact same spot? Also, what's the time lapse in between visits? People can easily get lost in the Bush because it's hard to keep your bearings and it all tends to look the same. I'd hate for you to discover you visited a different spot.

That said, I've gotta say, it's got the right size and shape, man. The video captured what you saw and I think a lot of people here on this forum would have thought what you did. It is indicative of what witnesses say they do. When near them, they freeze and try to look inanimate. Also from a lot of witness accounts, when they realise they've been busted and the game is up, they'll make an overt movement, which didn't occur here.

Without getting too excited, let's imagine this isn't paradolia. Even though you were filming, and psychologically primed to see a yowie, you went from an adrenaline infused flight or fight state to a relieved, relaxed, and non concerned state very quickly. You were initially on high alert but fell for its ruse, and relaxed. Perhaps this was evident in your body language, voice tone, and body odor, which might explain why it maintained the charade as long as possible?

Respect and disrespect are the key words with how you conduct yourself with all this.

Black
Silver Status

Unread post by Black » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Paul,

A few annoying questions. What was it with what you saw, that prompted you at the time to quickly conclude it was just a burnt tree stump and move on? Just that it was black and wasn't moving? If this happens again to you, will you move in close to confirm?

The big question is what proof do you have your re-visit to the spot is the exact same spot? Also, what's the time lapse in between visits? People can easily get lost in the Bush because it's hard to keep your bearings and it all tends to look the same. I'd hate for you to discover you visited a different spot.

That said, I've gotta say, it's got the right size and shape, man. The video captured what you saw and I think a lot of people here on this forum would have thought what you did. It is indicative of what witnesses say they do. When near them, they freeze and try to look inanimate. Also from a lot of witness accounts, when they realise they've been busted and the game is up, they'll make an overt movement, which didn't occur here.

Without getting too excited, let's imagine this isn't paradolia. Even though you were filming, and psychologically primed to see a yowie, you went from an adrenaline infused flight or fight state to a relieved, relaxed, and non concerned state very quickly. You were initially on high alert but fell for its ruse, and relaxed. Perhaps this was evident in your body language, voice tone, and body odor, which might explain why it maintained the charade as long as possible?

Respect and disrespect are the key words with how you conduct yourself with all this.

sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Paranormal Researcher

Unread post by sensesonfire » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Paul, interesting video. The first thing I noticed was the type of tree stump seemed out of place amongst the surrounding vegetation. Yowies, in my opinion, are masters of camouflage and that could very well be a Yowie.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

TheBlackStump

Unread post by TheBlackStump » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:54 pm

It will be interesting to see the before and after shots of the black stump

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:21 pm

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 am

I am aware that many observers are waiting to see the "stump is gone" footage, and I promise you all that it indeed exists. The footage will be posted in due course as part of the Chuwar,(now 5) camera perimeter experiment. The footage is a critical linch pin in the third part of "THE THICKET" series and I do not wish to dilute its value by posting it prematurely as a stand alone clip, posted just to satisfy the need to critique the claim. I'm certain that the full camera perimeter investigation will allow greater scope for such commentary.

The five HC700 cameras are set up and doing their job nicely. They will be collected in a week or so depending on battery life. The sixth camera I decided to keep in reserve due to recent events here in Tivoli, which as it turned out was a smart choice, as described below.

Tivoli Welcome Village Caravan Park (North Ipswich)
South East Queensland
Australia.

A Strange night of anomalous activity.

At around midnight many localy ownwed and yarded dogs, began a loud and extended series of excited barking alerts.
Having lived here for over one year, I have never witnessed these normally quiet and passive dogs in such a state, being extremely loud and excited at such a late hour.

The area is rife with marsupial life such as possums and koalas along with a fair amount of ferile or un-restrained cats.
The caravan park tends to see people come and go at all hours, with shift workers and tourist activity which has never upset the local canines in any manner outside of the odd bark or two.

Their being recent unusual activity in the local bushland surrounding the caravan park , with a park resident recently having stones thrown at his cabin, along with strange noises outside of his windows (see recent video investigation of these claims) along with the unusual and aggressive nature of the canine disturbance, I decided to take a walk and try to determine the source of the local hounds noisey discontent.

Whatever was in the bush was fast, evasive and to my surprise eventually ended up following me.

On these video's

Something gets startled from behind a thick shrub and I JUST manage to get the disturbance on film. I then hear a few unusual animal sounds near the bush and attempt to follow the culprit into the thick bushland.

Later filming
Forward facing and "GLOWING RED" eyeshine, standing at six to seven feet tall, captured on camera and in COLOR this time! (refering to my I.R "green out" footage failure, during the recent Bundamba Yowie investigations).

The specific and unedited High definition footage of this red eye shine will be posted as seperate from this video and video analysis, along with a daylight footage comparison, which has been already filmed and will be posted when it's processed.

I have also since set a trail camera in the location of the recent Tiovli activity and the setting of the trail camera
is also on that footage.
Cheers
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 am

As usual I neglected to post the primary image...

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Ok so here is the completed daybreak footage along with a night and day footage comparison.

Cheers

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Amazing and thought provoking in the 90's. However with urban expansion by developers growing at an exponential rate, into formerly wild areas and places where once was at most productive farming, probably never more so an important a message as now.

Thanks Dean

Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Paul, I didn't watch the videos as yet, but there is something I noticed that has my interest.

A lot of animals have their eyes on the sides of their head, and from the front, you get a general idea of eye placement on the side-front, depending on the animal. Your eyeshine looks like it's from something with both eyes facing forwards in the head/face.

Most primates, including humans, and the red kangaroo, and pig, lack a tapetum lucidum. That alone raises some interesting questions, such as, if it is a Yowie you saw, is it then unlike other primates that do not reflect eyeshine, including man? A massive poser if there ever was one. If not a primate, like us, or from our family, is it something else? Is it a total anomaly making a lie of the primate assumption regarding the presence of a tapetum lucidum?

According to Wikipedia, eyeshine occurs in a wide variety of colors including white, blue, green, yellow, pink and red. However, since eyeshine is a type of iridescence, the color varies with the angle at which it is seen and the minerals which make up the reflective tapetum-lucidum crystals. They state:

White eyeshine occurs in many fish;
blue eyeshine occurs in many mammals such as horses;
green eyeshine occurs in mammals such as cats, dogs, and raccoons; and
red eyeshine occurs in coyote, rodents, opossums and birds.

The opossum is the only American marsupial, so does that mean possums in Aus also exhibit red eyeshine? Apparently some do (see below).
And if they do, do Koalas, too? Koalas have forward-facing eyes, but i don't know if the tapetum lucidum reflects back 'red' if light is shone on their eyes.

In any case, whatever owns those red eyes does not look as if it's clinging on to the tree, but beyond it. More questions!

"Using eyeshine to identify animals in the dark employs not only its color but also several other features. The color corresponds approximately to the type of tapetum lucidum, with some variation between species. Other features include the distance between pupils relative to their size; the height above ground; the manner of blinking (if any); and the movement of the eyeshine (bobbing, weaving, hopping, leaping, climbing, flying)." (Wikipedia again).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

According to this web article https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... eUWK91XSsM
"Possum-spotting experts can often tell which species of possum they are looking at depending on the eyeshine colour. That of Herbert River ringtails is pink or yellow, green ringtails is dull red and brushtails and striped possums look pinkish. The lemuroid possum has the brightest eyeshine — a white or yellow glare. Possums are not the only animals with eyeshine. Tree-kangaroos reflect only a dull red shine but the eyes of spiders, geckos and many other nocturnal animals glisten or sparkle."

And those eyes look a long way apart for any ringtail possum, tree kangaroo, bird or bat (all of which have red eyeshine).

So yes, your captures are interesting to say the least!

Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 pm

When the footage is slowed 400 x and zoomed in on the subject, a full head turn can be
seen as the creature turns to the right and moves away from the light source.

This is the first version detecting the full head and shoulders in motion
and confirms that the head moves in conjunction with the shoulders and not by
motion of a neck structure.

This super slow motion with addition of zoomed pan allows a conical head shape to
be observed.

In my opinion the being in this clip has many attributes of motion seen in the great apes.

Conclusion: The being seen in this footage can only be the primate like Yowie.

I will be forwarding this clip to Dr Gary Opit for his professional opinion.

Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Holy c**p... that is EERIE! Paul, I sincerely hope you are right, because if so, this is freaking amazing footage!

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:05 pm

I will have a better scope of its physical validity when Dr Opit makes his reply.

Thank you for the very insightful and thought provoking post on eyeshine.

I'm going to save it to my files if that is ok?

Cheers

Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Go for it, you are most welcome :)

Shazz

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Caught this little bit of weird activity very close to the red eyshine area last week. Pay attention to the area slightly left and low to the ground near the light anomaly (bug?) In the larger video I think this thing was chasing possums when I wondered over and started filming, I think its mr red eyes but the close up is hard to enhance. Had some luck using yellow shift as seen in the image. But watch the video first for reference. There is a definite bulky shape in the long grass. I hate the weird stuff.

TheBlackStump

Unread post by TheBlackStump » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:51 am

Hi Paul

The light could possibly also be a firefly/glowworm beetle. Some species of them glow red.

The Lampyridae are a family of insects in the beetle order Coleoptera. They are winged beetles, commonly called fireflies or lightning bugs for their conspicuous use of bioluminescence during twilight to attract mates or prey. Fireflies produce a "cold light", with no infrared or ultraviolet frequencies. This chemically produced light from the lower abdomen may be yellow, green, or pale red, with wavelengths from 510 to 670 nanometers.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly

Family Phengodidae - Usually known as glowworm beetles. Contains around 230 species endemic to the New World. This family also includes railroad worms, which are unique among all terrestrial bio luminescent organisms in producing red light.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glowworm

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Rational, more than likely mate. I just find the footage hypnotic enough to share. Not all my postings despite the packaging are strictly for yowie show and tell. Their are so many interesting bits and pieces that can really only be seen at their best at night.
Iridescent Insect life, nocturnal animal activity, eyeshine of all sorts. At night with few people up and about the world is quiet and nature can really be listened to. I am guilty of a desire to share some of the stranger things I've captured on video.

Cheers mate

sensesonfire
Position: Paranormal Researcher

Unread post by sensesonfire » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Probably the most conclusive eyeshine video I have ever seen Paul. Outline of the head is reasonably visible and the widely spaced eyes. Nothing in the Australian bush can correspond with that image. Sceptics would have a hard time refuting the fact that is a Yowie.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:53 pm

An interesting anecdote on this footage...
I live in S.E Qld in a suburb of Ipswhich called Tivoli which was established by shaft cut coal mining in the 1800's. There are still half concealed coal shafts here, on the upper banks of the Bremmer river. The footage site is less than half a kilometer from those mines and the river.
There is a sequence in the full video in which upon hearing movement, I call into the bushland and then whistle. Almost instantly there can be heard chirping sounds that I had not heard before or so late at night other than insect sounds of course.
At that point the red eyed anomalous creature rapidly blazes through frame so fast I didnt even see it at the time and as such had not followed it.
After cropping the few seconds of video that the red eyeshine appears on, I panned closer in on it and stabilized the focus.
With the footage centered, zoomed and stabilized I realized that it was not that I had panned away from the red eyed creature but
rather, the thing was astonishingly fast. At 50 percent speed, once again it was still just a blur of two red glowing dots.
I was becoming convinced this was just a pair of some species of iridescent bug
I rarely use slow motion settings beyond the initial processing preset software limit of 50 percent because I have to completely process the video and then import the slowed version and then reduce the new version anew....its a pain.
However something about those red dots? It was like an itch I had to scratch...
So I kept on reducing the clips speed until I was looking at the obvious fluid motion of a creature that turned its head away from the light, looked up and directly at me and then turned its head from the light again, this time looking down, and finally, rapidly moving behind some branches and exiting from frame at speed to the right.
The end result looks about right for a good slow motion of about negative x200 and no big deal, any possum looks the same
at that frame rate.
But then I realised that I had processed the clip to the final frame speed of negative x 800 @ a negative x 50 each pass!
As it turned out I had persevered with this process for three hours and only gained a slightly slower range of motion?
How fast was this thing moving at normal playback?
Its pace wasn't caused by an artifact of frame jump or shaky camera work.
I had managed to hold it in frame on the cleanup and the end product is smooth enough to observe the creatures fixed head and shoulders rotation similar to that of a bulky primate .
I couldn't stop watching the slow motion head turn video for some time after it was completed.
Something about the creature?
Those eyes?
It's seemingly small physical stature?
The way it moved?
Its abnormal speed.
Then I remembered research I had kept on Aboriginal oral traditions relating to hairys, specifically the Jungadee.
I pulled the filed and noted the related key characteris attributed to them.
"They are hairy humanoid creatures that are 2-3 feet tall"
"...have black fur and are said to have glowing red eyes".
"...Junjudees have sort of a chirping language".
"...they moved very fast but In short bursts and had an unusual smoothness to their speed which is very hard to explain".
"They live in groups and reside in caves or natural hollows..."
Paul Cropper relates a report that states...
"... in 1979 some children were attacked near a mine shaft by 3ft tall, black, hairy creatures with red eyes..."
Short, hairy, red glowing eyes, chirping sounds, extremly weird rapid movement,mine shafts in the very imediate area...?
Is it co-incidental that the creature on film seems to displays these traits to an eerie degree? If so I am once again amased at the accuracy of description held in Aboriginal oral tradition. Oral traditions that may not be describing a distorted relic tribal memory of extinct mis-identified species or parental control methods of fear used to keep choldren in line, as the academics like to cite in rational reduction and dismisal of these traditions.

Just thought that little back story was worth posting here.

paulmcleod67
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:24 pm

NOTES ON THE VIDEO CONTENT AND OF MY PERSONAL RESEARCH THUS FAR.

This video is virtualy straight off the camera hard drive with only minor editing to remove some overly explicit language.
It details the full course of events leading up to what I will stipulate shows, strong indications of a yowie fleeing an established ambush position on the side of a disused track adjoining Tivoli Welcome Village Caravan park.

What I find so shocking about the entire events of that night (11.04.2018) is that it all occurred extremely close to both the caravan park that I reside at, and directly behind the single line of houses that dot Mount Crosby Road in Tivoli. (a northern suburb of Ipswich in south eastern Queensland Australia).

In fact the unnatural looking feature I refer to as an ambush hide is only a few meters away from the rear yards of those homes.

"AND COPERNICUS WEPT..."

A PUBLIC THAT WON'T LISTEN AND ACADEMICS THAT
REFUSE TO INVESTIGATE QUESTIONS ALREADY FRAMED

I have long asserted that with urban expansion pushing into lands historically occupied by the cryptic ,unrecognised primate like species know as Yowies, that incidents involving missing pets, reduced numbers of local imported fauna, such as feral cats, foxes,pigs, canines and rabbits would precede an increase in missing persons cases in these areas.

This can be affirmed by the reduction to almost zero of local bushland feral pigs, found in dangerous numbers here in Tivoli only two years ago. In fact I was warned by the park manager not to bushwalk at night alone because of the pig problem in early 2017.
Now being April of 2018 and after dozens of such bush walks late at night, I have filmed exactly zero of them. Indeed I have yet to even hear the sound of a feral pig.

Local fruit bat populations in the area in early 2017 were in abundance. I used to sit outside of my cabin at night and listen to the loud noises made by them.

Now as at 2018 I have heard nothing of the creatures day or night since mid last year. The area is almost devoid of snake and lizard populations ( although I am still very cautious of snakes when in the local bushlands) and again I will state that after filming the area for over one year I have yet to encounter a snake day or night.

With the available local, feral food resources dwindling, I am noticing the traditional signs of yowie activity growing ever closer to places of sparse housing that adjoin natural areas. Places exactly like those situated along Mount Crosby road in Tivoli.

I have witnessed and documented on film foot prints of extraordinary size and impression depth, unusual tree branch snaps and vegetation organised into nests and constructed into crude but effective blinds,generally alongside fire trails and tracks, along with strange sounds at night, the eye shine of creatures that actively follow me at night from a distance, when I film late at night in these areas so close to human habitation.

The region I have chosen research is situated between two rivers, being the Bremmer and Kholo rivers of which both are tributaries of the larger Brisbane river. Yowie activity and access into these semi urban places is gained with almost total vegetation cover originating from the nearby Mogil state forest with the only major obstacle being the Waragal highway.

Our modern society has over time dismissed thousands of reliable reports of these cryptic creatures offhand as mythology ,delusion, hoaxes, or simple misidentification.

We have eliminated even the possability of this species without proper investigation undertaken during the optimal hours when these NOCHTERNAL AMBUSH PREDATORS operate...late at night and into the early hours.

Academics and skeptics alike, cite the Wallace line biological barrier, situated between Indonesia Papua and Australia as an absolute proof that a non human, primate like species can not exist on this continent, they cite also the lack of a relevant fossil record of such creatures in Australia. Those points are indeed relevant but are not iron clad proof that a species can not exist. There are feasible theories and interesting finds that offer an answers to these limitations, however these data and ideas need much more in depth investigation by qualified academics and scientific minds before the intellectual status quo can be changed.

In my opinion and based on the experiences of the last five years of my life, via document research , witness reports and what I have personaly experienced whilst attempting to capture the species on film, is that these creatures are not found exclusivly in very isolated wild areas , rather they have drawn much closer to our urban fringes than ever before. Be that because of urban expansion into wilder areas or an increase in the yowie population due to a massive reduction in resource competition with humans. Finding indications of nests and ambush hides along trails and tracks that are very near human family orientated habitation is extremly concerning to my mind.

Strangely enough it is my deepest hope that all of my theories and all of my research is completely incorrect. That in time it is found to be a proven matter of indisputable FACT these creatures DO NOT and NEVER did exist. However as it stands now in 2018 and after 60'000 years of known human habitation on this ancient continent named Australia, the shadowy being we call Yowie still haunts the metaphorical peripheral vision of our civilisation.

The question is yet to be answered as to how much our two species or sub species, impact negatively on each each other. Can all the tragedy brought by highly strange cases of human disappearance and the recovery of brutally treated human remains be solely the domain of various psychotic human predators, the mentally ill and by outright self misadventure ?

If so the official statistical numbers suggest a huge problem evolving gradually in the human genome. A problem presenting itself as symptomatic of a species that is growing evermore intolerant and unable to survive, without technologies paper shield, in the very environments it evolved in to begin with.

Paul John McLeod.