A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
paulmcleod67

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Breakdown and slow motion edit with stills here...

paulmcleod67

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:39 pm

On this 2018 ANZAC DAY I want to pay a special tribute to my uncle Ron whom served with 2RAR in Vietnam for over 600 days
R.I.P uncle. This video was made a few years ago but its just as relevant...more so...every passing year.
Oh and Harold Holt's in it too, seen here visiting the troops in 1965, two years before he was killed by his own government and U.S naval intelligence elements from TASK FORCE 157.

Don't believe my family was involved in this mucky event...tell that to my uncle.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Unsure

Unread post by inthedark » Tue May 01, 2018 11:17 am

paulmcleod67 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:35 pm
Breakdown and slow motion edit with stills here...

I watched with interest, thank you.

While I don't really know the area you're researching, it seems likely that there would be possums, if not also koalas? I mention this because we do night hikes almost every evening, and often startle possums on the ground. They will invariably shoot up a tree .. usually disturbing shrubs etc on the way. Exactly like in your footage. Last night we surprised a big one, caught some distance from his preferred tree. He crashed a fair way through the underbrush before scuttling up to the canopy. He made a lot of noise, and disturbed plenty of shrubs! It was definitely a possum too .. we spotlighted him for the duration :)

Also, and you'll forgive me for being a newbie party pooper, but that area seems awfully 'urban', and not connected to a major forest. I'm wondering why a Yowie would risk coming into such a dangerous location? What would be the point (to him/her) of doing so?

Simon M
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Simon M » Fri May 04, 2018 12:12 am

Your research is as thorough and detailed as always, Paul.

I just don't know what to think. I'd need to know way more detail, and be far more experienced than I am with investigative techniques and the like, before I could begin to express an opinion one way or the other.

hillbilly
Position: Believer

Unread post by hillbilly » Fri May 04, 2018 10:36 am

I have a problem with the "shakes violently" bit. I would describe it as "sways gently". Likits in a breeze. In the video , at 1.09 to 1.16, I see weeds, and to the left of screen, leaves "swaying gently" too. I will check it again more closely, but I don't smell a Yowie in this vid. I know you are keen to show proof, as I am too, but I feel this is stretching it a bit.

Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Position: Nature Lover

Unread post by Wolf » Sun May 06, 2018 9:35 pm

paulmcleod67 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 pm
When the footage is slowed 400 x and zoomed in on the subject, a full head turn can be
seen as the creature turns to the right and moves away from the light source.

This is the first version detecting the full head and shoulders in motion
and confirms that the head moves in conjunction with the shoulders and not by
motion of a neck structure.

This super slow motion with addition of zoomed pan allows a conical head shape to
be observed.

In my opinion the being in this clip has many attributes of motion seen in the great apes.

Conclusion: The being seen in this footage can only be the primate like Yowie.

I will be forwarding this clip to Dr Gary Opit for his professional opinion.

My professional opinion (for what it's worth)... car tail lights.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

rowdy
Approved Member

Unread post by rowdy » Sun May 06, 2018 11:00 pm

I think that most people here would agree that going through video frame by frame is bound to produce some false positives, especicially if nothing was noticed by the observer at the time. But that said, I don’t think we should discount this bit of footage from Paul. To me it doesn‘t really look like car tail lights beacause there is a dark shadow attached to the two red lights. When it moves away, you can see the background (vague as it is) that was previously obscured. So whatever it is, it appears to be in the bush and not lights from a distance shining through the trees.

Simon M
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Simon M » Sun May 06, 2018 11:11 pm

rowdy wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:00 pm
I think that most people here would agree that going through video frame by frame is bound to produce some false positives, especicially if nothing was noticed by the observer at the time. But that said, I don’t think we should discount this bit of footage from Paul. To me it doesn‘t really look like car tail lights beacause there is a dark shadow attached to the two red lights. When it moves away, you can see the background (vague as it is) that was previously obscured. So whatever it is, it appears to be in the bush and not lights from a distance shining through the trees.
That's an excellent observation and I agree with you. I still couldn't begin to describe what's in those images, however.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 am

Yes i saw the outline around the red eyes as well. I dont know what it is but i can see that at least and could only guess so i wont bother. I dont know if its not a car or not a yowie. They do come in closer to suburbia than we think. I do know that at least.

Going frame by frame is not such a bad idea if you have the capability to do so. They're very quick. The " speed of light" we have heard from one former forum member. I doubt that is technically correct or measurable but I do get the idea.

Dumbing down possible submitted evidence because we think or have been told that it's impossible to photograph them or doesnt fit with our views is pointless ...in my opinion of course. :?
Yowie Bait

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Mon May 07, 2018 10:16 am

If those two red lights are a Yowie's eyes, it is either the biggest one ever reported with a deformed face or it has very small eyes. (eek)

Look at the distance between them, they match perfectly what car tail lights are, it even moves exactly like a car turning a corner. (detective)
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon May 07, 2018 10:29 am

Hi Wolf, i had a real good look at this when Paul first posted it and could not determine what it was so gave up. When you posted your comment about the tail lights i thought " of course" but i cant deny that there seems to be a figure around the red dots so too hard basket for me. :(
Yowie Bait

Greg W C Sims
Approved Member

Unread post by Greg W C Sims » Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 pm

I don`t think it`s tail lights because it seems to be way out of level for a road,just my opinion.

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Greg W C Sims wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 pm
I don`t think it`s tail lights because it seems to be way out of level for a road,just my opinion.
Road camber.

It looks very much like tail lights, to me. The 'shape' is the actual car.

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 am

Dumbing down possible submitted evidence because we think or have been told that it's impossible to photograph them or doesnt fit with our views is pointless ...in my opinion of course. :?
I agree with this.

Though I do think it's unhelpful to focus on the low likelihoods. There is so little enough time and money going into this field, that it seems wasteful to squander resources on situations where wishful thinking is the only thing producing fruit.

It's probably partly my own bias (in having easy access to a large wilderness), but it strikes me that time and money could be better spent on camping trips, off piste, well inside large National Parks and the like. Go stealth mode (small camo hiking tents, etc), and stay for a few days at a time. Take good recording gear/cameras. Take sterile sample bags and surgical gloves. Don't take your dog. Wear clothes which you've stored in a bag of leaf litter for a couple of weeks, etc etc etc. I'm sure this is all being done already, but it would be great to see more researchers doing such things. I just don't know how much you can really absorb in an hour or so in small pockets of greenbelt or fringe bush land.

I realise it's not always easy to do these kinds of trips ... what with busy lives etc, but at least accommodation costs are low. Camping off-piste is free (woot).

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon May 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi ITD. I cant speak for anyone else but the whole point for me to go out for a look was to find out if the hairys were in these corridors and outskirts nearer to and infringing on the suburbs, based on a few possible sightings i had read and a few tidbits i had heard here and there.

I agree though, that the more dense and remote areas would be more likely. Hotspots!
Yowie Bait

Black
Silver Status
Position: Monk

Unread post by Black » Tue May 08, 2018 6:26 am

Thanks Paul,

I've slowed the video right down to frame by frame.

Last time I checked, guys, cars dont hover 6 feet in the air, let alone turn on a dime like that, in the middle of the Bush. Those red dots looked to be at about Paul's eye level. I'm thinking Paul knows the difference between eye shine and the tail lights of a car turning.

It looked like a pair of eyes turning as a head turns, to me.

Now, let's rule out animal candidates - eye shine of a red kangaroo? Possum?

hillbilly

Unread post by hillbilly » Tue May 08, 2018 7:30 am

My take on this is, taillights. Picture this, you are sitting in a quiet spot in your car. You see a spotlight coming towards you and know it might be a hunter, so you drive off. The last frames of the "eyes" , I am sure that one is brighter than the other. I would guess that this Yowie has got a faulty brake light.

Greg W C Sims
Approved Member

Unread post by Greg W C Sims » Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am

inthedark wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 pm
Greg W C Sims wrote:
Road camber.

Road camber?

Put a ruler(straight edge) across the two "red lights",that`s a lot of camber,hate to be driving on that road in the wet!

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am

Greg W C Sims wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am
inthedark wrote:
Greg W C Sims wrote:
Road camber.

Road camber?

Put a ruler(straight edge) across the two "red lights",that`s a lot of camber,hate to be driving on that road in the wet!
Camber could be one element, another is the fact the camera is in no way level... it is swaying all over the place.

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Tue May 08, 2018 11:51 am

Greg W C Sims wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am
inthedark wrote:

Road camber.

Road camber?

Camber could be one element, another is the fact the camera is in no way level... it is swaying all over the place.
And Paul is down in a low spot while the road is higher up. Have another look at the google earth images, this explains the height of the 'eyes'.
The road even curves to match perfectly the 'turning away' of them.

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm

inthedark wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 am

I agree with this.

Though I do think it's unhelpful to focus on the low likelihoods. There is so little enough time and money going into this field, that it seems wasteful to squander resources on situations where wishful thinking is the only thing producing fruit.

It's probably partly my own bias (in having easy access to a large wilderness), but it strikes me that time and money could be better spent on camping trips, off piste, well inside large National Parks and the like. Go stealth mode (small camo hiking tents, etc), and stay for a few days at a time. Take good recording gear/cameras. Take sterile sample bags and surgical gloves. Don't take your dog. Wear clothes which you've stored in a bag of leaf litter for a couple of weeks, etc etc etc. I'm sure this is all being done already, but it would be great to see more researchers doing such things. I just don't know how much you can really absorb in an hour or so in small pockets of greenbelt or fringe bush land.

I realise it's not always easy to do these kinds of trips ... what with busy lives etc, but at least accommodation costs are low. Camping off-piste is free (woot).
I would take it a step further... no tent, (a hutchie will do to keep the rain and/or damp off while sleeping), no cameras or phones (except maybe a phone kept turned off for emergency use if needed)... and stay out for at least a couple of weeks. Live as 'stealth' as possible, fishing and foraging for tucker (if you can find enough you know you're in an area where a Yowie can certainly sustain itself as well).

Take a didge to play in the evenings to attract attention (better didges have an infrasonic range that should attract their interest as Yowies communicate in infrasound, according to the what we 'know' from witness accounts).

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Tue May 08, 2018 12:40 pm

Wolf wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:51 am

And Paul is down in a low spot while the road is higher up. Have another look at the google earth images, this explains the height of the 'eyes'.
The road even curves to match perfectly the 'turning away' of them.
I noted this, also. The surrounding roads answer the question.

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Tue May 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:57 pm
Hi ITD. I cant speak for anyone else but the whole point for me to go out for a look was to find out if the hairys were in these corridors and outskirts nearer to and infringing on the suburbs, based on a few possible sightings i had read and a few tidbits i had heard here and there.

I agree though, that the more dense and remote areas would be more likely. Hotspots!
That's totally reasonable. I guess I just feel that since it's so incredibly unlikely that ultra-shy 9' hairy ape people are hanging out in the 'burbs, unseen, that such research is probably more 'entertainment', than scientific. Nothing wrong with doing it for the thrills, of course. It's fun to imagine critters behind trees when walking at night in any kind of forest. I absolutely love that kind of thing, personally - but do understand that the only reason I CAN enjoy it, is because I'm confident that there aren't really large scary critters behind trees. If I genuinely thought there were, I would never do the stuff I do. Hope that made sense (confused)

Not entirely sure why I don't have any fears about camping .. since we normally camp well away from any urban or rural boundaries, while on our nightly walks, we're necessarily closer to boundaries. I guess in camping, we're staying in one place ... and in a relatively open area. We also have 'weapons' in hatchets and serious knives, were we to encounter human or animal intent on our harm. Either way, it's never occurred to me to be afraid while camping. Maybe I'm simply too ignorant to be afraid (oops)

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Tue May 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Wolf wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm

I would take it a step further... no tent, (a hutchie will do to keep the rain and/or damp off while sleeping), no cameras or phones (except maybe a phone kept turned off for emergency use if needed)... and stay out for at least a couple of weeks. Live as 'stealth' as possible, fishing and foraging for tucker (if you can find enough you know you're in an area where a Yowie can certainly sustain itself as well).

Take a didge to play in the evenings to attract attention (better didges have an infrasonic range that should attract their interest as Yowies communicate in infrasound, according to the what we 'know' from witness accounts).
All good ideas. Needs a significant time commitment, though, so probably not as doable as the good old 'long weekend' of 3 days. I would be inclined to take a phone with a good camera, if no other recording gear is to be taken ... just in case Wookie decides to strike a pose in clear view.

Would be great to do the foraging/fishing thing, but would need so movement and so much gear to work .. not sure it wouldn't end up being more trouble than it's worth? Would perhaps be simpler and less intrusive (in that you could keep a much lower profile) to just take MRIs and use flameless heat.

Stealth mode all the way, though. That would be ideal. Move about as quietly as possible, and just watch and listen.

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Tue May 08, 2018 1:04 pm

MREs, not MRIs

you do want Meals Ready To Eat on a camping trip - not Magnetic Resonance Imaging (eek)

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue May 08, 2018 1:25 pm

inthedark wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:54 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:57 pm

That's totally reasonable. I guess I just feel that since it's so incredibly unlikely that ultra-shy 9' hairy ape people are hanging out in the 'burbs, unseen, that such research is probably more 'entertainment', than scientific. Nothing wrong with doing it for the thrills, of course. It's fun to imagine critters behind trees when walking at night in any kind of forest. I absolutely love that kind of thing, personally - but do understand that the only reason I CAN enjoy it, is because I'm confident that there aren't really large scary critters behind trees. If I genuinely thought there were, I would never do the stuff I do. Hope that made sense (confused)

Not entirely sure why I don't have any fears about camping .. since we normally camp well away from any urban or rural boundaries, while on our nightly walks, we're necessarily closer to boundaries. I guess in camping, we're staying in one place ... and in a relatively open area. We also have 'weapons' in hatchets and serious knives, were we to encounter human or animal intent on our harm. Either way, it's never occurred to me to be afraid while camping. Maybe I'm simply too ignorant to be afraid (oops)
Thats rather condescending of you ITD but thats ok. I doubt you meant to be.

I cant see where i mentioned anything about 9 ft hairy apemen hiding behind trees but all good. Sounds like you have it all worked out. Good luck with that! (thumb up)
Yowie Bait

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Thats rather condescending of you ITD but thats ok. I doubt you meant to be.

I cant see where i mentioned anything about 9 ft hairy apemen hiding behind trees but all good. Sounds like you have it all worked out. Good luck with that! (thumb up)
Probably is condescending, I haven't looked into the emotional content or impact. I'm focused on practicalities and logistics.

I refer to 9' hairy ape men because that seems to be the standard description of BF type critters. I have interest in any other kind of crypto beastie and/or the supernatural. If others (including yourself) are looking for different critters, then my observations don't apply. Just ignore my waffling.

Having said that, I feel (for myself), that it's important to retain a scientific detachment from personal investment. I don't want my interest to become an article of faith, and therefore find it difficult to discuss the topic with that possibility in mind. I do understand that it might be so, for others, though.

Cheers

inthedark

Unread post by inthedark » Tue May 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Meant to say that I have no interest in crypt zoology generally, nor in the supernatural. I'm strictly interested in BF.

paulmcleod67

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:46 pm

In response I offer the following....

paulmcleod67

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Although I initially said that there was a car nearby in the video once I reviewed the footage I discounted it as
car brake lights for a number of reasons.

1)The access road to the back sporting field is gated and locked at all times, when no event is taking place.
GOOGLE EARTH images do not have the resolution to image the locked gate (see images and video below)

2) I phoned the security company that patrols the complex and after a lengthy discussion as to why I
wanted that information, they stated that at the time of filming no patrol was near the grounds.

3) Optics. As the access road does NOT have street flood lighting, a vehicle would require use of its
headlights to navigate the dark road at night. Nowhere and at no time did I see or film bright headlights
or the shadows they would create on the treeline, whilst filming the video.

I put together a video showing the locked and gated access road area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.