A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 pm

inthedark wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Imo that blue mountains footage is just rubbish. An idiotic hoax at best. Next you all will be saying its Paul in the suit trying to hoax the yowie community. Lol!

Oh for sure, it's 99.99999% certain to be a hoax - like all BF 'footage'. I was hoping Paul, who apparently knows something about it, would give us the background info. Since a few people have asked for it, and such.
Looks to me that the claimed yowie is having problems seeing through the mask the way it turns around in the garden and swipes at the cat( i cant believe i just wrote that!).

Also yowies have very fluid and unusual movement. That's one of the few facts i garnered from my experience and its also often reported by others.
Yowie Bait

AL Pitman
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Location: Kungala nsw

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by AL Pitman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Shazzoir
As always the voice of reason
(respekt)
IF YOU DO NOT LOOK YOU WILL NOT SEE

AL PITMAN

thehairyone
Silver Status
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:22 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by thehairyone » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:31 pm

I agree Al as usual Shaz is the common sense we all need

Cheers Greg

User avatar
Ray Doherty
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 783
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 am
Position: Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: www.facebook.com/theaustralianyowieproject
Location: North Brisbane

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Ray Doherty » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 pm

I will say this in relation to the locations that you just mentioned. Through my work and the reports I am getting is that we can no longer assume that just because an area is now residential or semi rural that they wont approach. Know that area well, there are alot of green corridors and easy night time access to and fro......we CANNOT prejudge a location just because there are few houses. There are a mountain of reports to the contrary. When food is scare a hungry animal/ person/ critter will do and get anything to fill the holei n the belly........anywhere (except in downtown of a major metro area is unlikely) but outer suburbs? quite possibly
'I want to believe'

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:41 am

Great point Ray. Theres still plenty of forest about. Dissapearing fast though with all the development but still easy access in to the fringes of suburbia with housing estates dotted around the edges.

And if we're going to lump them in with the animals. Just look at all the oppurtunistic critters thriving in suburbia. In Brisbane we have deer walking the suburbs at night!
Yowie Bait

User avatar
hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am
Position: Believer
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by hillbilly » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:02 am

Shaz, I agree with most of the thoughts you posted. You are obviously a caring person.One point about making "demands" on Paul, is a point I dissagree with.
The members who asked for pictures posed their enquiries as ,"Hey Paul , may we plaese see the original still frame sent to your phone , thank you !"
and "Yes, I'd like to see the Original too." or " Are there any before or after pictures? I'm intrigued."
then "Hey Paul, a few of us have asked for the original of this. Do you have one or not!.", followed by " I too would like to see the original. Or shall those requests be ignored."
Was that Demanding?
Now that last one shows that I was becoming disappoined in having so many similar requests ignored.One other point which leads to disappointment and frustration is the "deflection".
Paul will often follow up an unwanted enquiry with a new angle, deflection. No answer to the enquiry, perhaps imagining it will cover-up
the other line of enquiry, and distracting the enquirer to follow the new idea. Like the Harry Jenkins Facebook post.
Followed by the Gary Opit letter.
Both these posts were right after these serious questions.
"Paul, what do you mean, a strange battery drain between frames?
What are the before and after frames of the frame in question?"
and "Why do you think the image is so out of focus in both the foreground and background ?
Are your other cameras in the thicket capable of capturing a sharp image ?
And as Wolf asked, at what height was the camera from the ground ?"
I feel that the combination of questionable data, ignorance of enquiries from many threads, and the deflection from enquiry leads many here to lose tollerance in his case.
This human reaction is a result of how we have been treated.
No, not demanding at all. Its just members wanting their polite questions answered.
If anything, the members who are repeatedly ignored have every right to speak up.

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Shazzoir » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Hillbilly, you are right. After going back and reading the comments, I have to agree with you that the requests for more info or original photos were not 'demands', as I stated. I let my perception interfere with my wording, so apologies for my inaccurate statements. :) I think I allowed the vocal cries for 'Tell us more!' to colour my interpretation. I don't mind being wrong (and it won't be the first or the last time, I'm sure), and appreciate your calm and considered reply, thank you. :) (respekt)

Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Black » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:47 pm

The AYR forum COURT seems to be in session yet again.

I'd like to put a few things into perspective.

First, if you take the time to click on Paul's profile and his posts, you'll see he has contributed to a number of topics in this the yowie /bigfoot discussion section, some of which, where he has openly denounced hoaxing. He hasn't entertained the controversial section, or the other sections, and it's clear where his interests lay.

Secondly, this thread is titled "a visual digest of MY research". This is Paul's ongoing work. Agree with it or disagree with it, Paul is only presenting his work from his perspective with his opinions,, here, for discussion. He isn't trying to sell or advertise a book or an upcoming documentary, or seeking sponsorship. (Not yet, at least.) He's doing this in his own time at his own expense. He is essentially asking for feedback from this community on his work.

The onus is all on him to justify his statements and assertions, and if he isnt able to, he and his claims lose credibility. I think he knows this.

What I'm saying, is the only person with anything to lose here, is Paul.

AYR has lost nothing. ANY alleged evidence has to pass through a stringent screening process before AYR will back it. This forum is generally critical, and displays a high standard of intellect, which I think is terrific. Name one piece of visual evidence or any evidence whatsoever, AYR officially backs??????

Paul puts his head on the chopping block every time he posts an image from his research, and for that, I take my hat off to him. He doesn't have to post anything up. Yet he does. Shazzoir is right, field research produces it's own pressures and stress to see results of hard work and people can make mistakes or errors in judgment. Field research is not easy, as anyone here who has tried it, knows.

We dont know the backstory of his latest images, or intentions, and we should not be making assumptions.

I'm sure I'm not the only member here with trail cameras set up, which means at some stage it will be myself and others putting our findings under the microscope and our heads on the chopping block.

User avatar
yowiedan
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 pm
Position: Field Researcher

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by yowiedan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 pm

After the Brett Green fiasco and the J&J's posting continuous shite, the long term researchers are fed up with people who post threads on here with outrageous claims with no evidence to back it up. All we want is the evidence to back up so called claims, that's all we ask! Paul has seemed to have gone missing and we might need to send out a search party for the answers to the claims. So Paul face up to the questions and let's hear your answers, the table is open and it's your turn to shine or burn.

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Dion » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:30 pm

I would have to agree with Yowiedan above.

Its clear that since Paul has been a member here has made some pretty big claims as to have evidence to a range of things such as Videos and Photos of Yowies, abduction from Yowie reports and a sad case of a little boy comes to mind, Missing persons reports eluding to Yowies, Violent Yowies reports etc.

I saw Paul on the Forum earlier today so he would most likely have read most peoples comments on here I am sure,

People only want evidence to the claims that is all. If there is a reasonable reason as to why the evidence is not forthcoming it should be easy to give an explanation.

And I would think that most here are restraining there emotions a bit.
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Position: Believer
Location: East Coast

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Rusty2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:27 pm

We need a set of guidlines that we can all agree to so when a researcher posts a picture and makes a bold statement it's quickly dealt with politely .

This should have been dealt with at the first claim .

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Simon M » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:37 pm

I think we just need to not 'gang up' on anyone. We should judge each piece of evidence on its own merits without casting aspersions on people's intentions or motives.

We don't know all the facts regarding Paul's images, so until we do I'm not comfortable with accusing him of anything. That's my personal opinion, not part of any imaginary 'court' or the like.

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Dion » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Rusty2 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:27 pm
We need a set of guidlines that we can all agree to so when a researcher posts a picture and makes a bold statement it's quickly dealt with politely .

This should have been dealt with at the first claim .
Have to agree again, I think things have got to a point where most people are too nice to be critical of any research being presented.

We have all been too happy to just accept whats been given to us, without wanting to be rude or seem like a sceptic in the field when most of us a believers.

I do believe that needs to change where polite debate of others research can take place without being labelled whatever.

This forum does invoke passionate members and some with a mild interest and also those that are just passing by for a curious look.

I would think that its the passionate members here that are somewhat upset at anything that maybe construed as Hoax.
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Position: Believer
Location: East Coast

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Rusty2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:54 pm

The claims are the problem .

YOWIE CAUGHT ON VIDEO ! Unproven and no secondary evidence .
YOWIE EATING PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH CAUGHT ON TRAIL CAM PHOTO ! Unproven and no secondary evidence .
YOWIE BUSTED BREAST FEEDING GOANNA CAUGHT ON VIDEO ! Unproven and no secondary evidence .

If we don't stop the claims we're no better than the flat earth society .

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Black » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Rusty2, how many videos, photos, and trail cam videos have you put forth in the past? Like, over 100? You set the standards, and Paul's just following suit...

On a serious note, I hear the Flat Earth Society have members right across the globe. (lol) I hope that joke didn't fall flat....

I suspect there may be one or two flat earthers here. If so, I'll happily pitch in to help finance a series of drunken plane trips heading only West, with the final plane flight landing in the same airport the first plane trip departed from.

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Wolf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Black wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:36 pm
, I'll happily pitch in to help finance a series of drunken plane trips heading only West, with the final plane flight landing in the same airport the first plane trip departed from.

How about a basket lowered over the edge to determine what sex the elephants are?

... you know, the ones standing on the big turtle holding the Earth on their backs?... (scared)
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

Austral
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:10 am

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Austral » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:32 am

We really should only "say" what we would say if we were face to face with whoever . I thought our behaviour regarding the "FOOTPRINT" post was not good .
I can remember similar stiff going on way back with that " OMEO " yowie and the SAS which was about 10 years ago.
Having smart arsse answers doesnt help even if you see yourself as a yowie expert , which i dont believe exists . We havent come very far with proving the yowies existance since Rex Gilroy's days so lets just bloody well get on with it.

thehairyone
Silver Status
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:22 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by thehairyone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:59 am

Hi Austral, you mention that the behaviour on the Footprint post was not good , I have just reread the post , and
the "aggression " only came from the person who started the thread , yes there was some light hearted comments , but there were also
just as many positive comments . I myself have posted photos of different things and had the same sort of response, but I am yet to
make anyone a "foe" . I look at itas any conversation is good conversation

You mention that there are "no experts " maybe not but on this forum there are some people bloody close to it . I call myself a hobbyist as this to me is my hobby only , all be it a very time consuming one .
You say we haven't come very far since Rex Gilroys days , maybe not but considering the amount of people all over the world looking , has anyone ? my opinion is yes we have advanced ,as technology has improved so have our results , in the words of the shampoo add " it wont happen overnight , but it will happen "

Cheers Greg

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Searcher » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Rusty2 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:54 pm
The claims are the problem .

YOWIE CAUGHT ON VIDEO ! Unproven and no secondary evidence .
YOWIE EATING PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH CAUGHT ON TRAIL CAM PHOTO ! Unproven and no secondary evidence .
YOWIE BUSTED BREAST FEEDING GOANNA CAUGHT ON VIDEO ! Unproven and no secondary evidence .

If we don't stop the claims we're no better than the flat earth society .
For those who wish to be conciliatory towards John Paul McLeod, be reminded he is a fiction author. That’s what he does. He writes books sold on Amazon containing wild theories about the disappearance of Harold Holt and of Mars mysteries. I believe his work with Yowies could possibly be an extension of this.

Just my opinion, but maybe there will be a similar book published one day about how a supposed Yowie took that poor little boy, William Tyrrell. And all these doctored pictures of an 'unknown creature' will be there to enhance credibility.

Photos that have been proved to tampered with by the telltale metadata. I just feel the good people on AYR have been ‘had a lend of’ with dodgy photos, unproven claims and no secondary evidence.

At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseam, I ask Paul to respond to the forum’s questions and truthfully set this matter straight, once and for all.

User avatar
hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am
Position: Believer
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by hillbilly » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:09 pm

I don't actually want to hear an explanation. I have seen many swaying trees, too many blobs, too many members ignored or enquiries deflected, that I just don't want to hear. All the members who are asking for an explanation. Well done you tolerant bunch (respekt)
I just don't have that.
As for aggression in "Footprint", I agree that the source was the author. But I usually give a little tolerance as some people might be sore, tired, hungry, or generally frustrated at critique. :)

Rastus
Bronze Status
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:37 am
Position: Believer

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Rastus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:23 pm

[/quote]
For those who wish to be conciliatory towards John Paul McLeod, be reminded he is a fiction author. That’s what he does. He writes books sold on Amazon containing wild theories about the disappearance of Harold Holt and of Mars mysteries. I believe his work with Yowies could possibly be an extension of this.

Just my opinion, but maybe there will be a similar book published one day about how a supposed Yowie took that poor little boy, William Tyrrell. And all these doctored pictures of an 'unknown creature' will be there to enhance credibility.

Photos that have been proved to tampered with by the telltale metadata. I just feel the good people on AYR have been ‘had a lend of’ with dodgy photos, unproven claims and no secondary evidence.

At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseam, I ask Paul to respond to the forum’s questions and truthfully set this matter straight, once and for all.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly Searcher, it is as if I wrote it myself. I have been expecting the release of a book from Paul regarding the disappearance of William Tyrell or maybe one in the same vein of Paulides missing 411 series given that Paul has posted comments about disappearences and plotted "clusters" just the same as David Paulides did. Wait for it ...its coming.

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Simon M » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:41 pm

I think we need to give Paul time to answer these queries. People can make up their own minds, but pressuring him for more info isn't the answer.

If he doesn't respond, people can (and will) make up their own minds regarding his research. But guessing at his intentions seems unfair.

I do agree that we need more info from Paul regarding the questions people have asked in the last few pages of this thread. If no more info is forthcoming, then people will speculate about why there's been no response; that's human nature.

The 'battery drain' is the thing that jumps out at me as being weird. I don't understand why or how that'd happen in between frames. If the battery died then surely that'd be that? I wish he'd explain that.

I do wish Paul would provide more details about his images and answer these questions as I dislike the idea of all his work being discarded because of some weird misunderstanding: there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. We just need more info about what's being presented and a few questions answered.

User avatar
Ray Doherty
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 783
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 am
Position: Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: www.facebook.com/theaustralianyowieproject
Location: North Brisbane

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Ray Doherty » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Alot of people have said here that the whole Brett Green saga divided the research community
but isn't that was happened here once again? Time to move on now, there is alot to do!

Have a good day everyone
'I want to believe'

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Looks to me that the claimed yowie is having problems seeing through the mask the way it turns around in the garden and swipes at the cat( i cant believe i just wrote that!).

Also yowies have very fluid and unusual movement. That's one of the few facts i garnered from my experience and its also often reported by others.

It is kinda funny, to be discussing these things as though they're real. But entertaining, nevertheless (happy)

As for the 'fluid and unusual movement', I'm not sure how we could know such a thing ... given that the vast majority of sightings are either mis-identifications or monkey suits. And what if some don't (have fluid movement)?, or different varieties of BF have different types of movement? If we stick to uncertain tropes, we might not recognise the real deal when we see it.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Ray Doherty wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 pm
Through my work and the reports I am getting is that we can no longer assume that just because an area is now residential or semi rural that they wont approach. Know that area well, there are a lot of green corridors and easy night time access to and fro......we CANNOT prejudge a location just because there are few houses. There are a mountain of reports to the contrary. When food is scare a hungry animal/ person/ critter will do and get anything to fill the holei n the belly........anywhere (except in downtown of a major metro area is unlikely) but outer suburbs? quite possibly
A life in and around the bush compel me to go with the likelihoods. While it's true that SOME species will migrate into human habitats during hard times, many many don't - ever. I live right on the edge of a vast wilderness, and the only critters which venture to the fringe are dazed and confused roos, and snakes. And in the case of the roos, these are not even particularly shy beasts. If we're talking about creatures said to be as shy as it gets, yet are 8' tall (and so very easily spotted were they to frequent human habitats), it just seems incredibly unlikely that they're on our turf.

I suspect that wishful thinking and ease of research is the motivation for the idea of 'fringe dwellers'. After all, the good habitats ARE good for the very reason we don't go there .. they're very difficult to access!

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

(taz)
inthedark wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:38 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Looks to me that the claimed yowie is having problems seeing through the mask the way it turns around in the garden and swipes at the cat( i cant believe i just wrote that!).

Also yowies have very fluid and unusual movement. That's one of the few facts i garnered from my experience and its also often reported by others.

It is kinda funny, to be discussing these things as though they're real. But entertaining, nevertheless (happy)

As for the 'fluid and unusual movement', I'm not sure how we could know such a thing ... given that the vast majority of sightings are either mis-identifications or monkey suits. And what if some don't (have fluid movement)?, or different varieties of BF have different types of movement? If we stick to uncertain tropes, we might not recognise the real deal when we see it.
Oh Itd i just said its one thing i know from "my experience" so obviously i have seen it. Very close too and with a fellow witness and without a shadow of a doubt that it was a yowie also.

You are incorrect about the fringe dwellers as well. Sightings and encounters around development sites are common. Ormeau yowie for example. (thumb)
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Oh Itd i just said its one thing i know from "my experience" so obviously i have seen it. Very close too and with a fellow witness and without a shadow of a doubt that it was a yowie also.

You are incorrect about the fringe dwellers as well. Sightings and encounters around development sites are common. Ormeau yowie for example. (thumb)

Sorry .. didn't see that! Hadn't realised you'd met one (eek)

I respect your ideas about the fringe dwellers, I just can't get on board with it. I will likely always doubt their presence anywhere near where we actually live. Crossing a remote road (which cuts across their territory) once in a while, or even daily to access water etc, is another matter. I'm sure that happens.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:53 pm

inthedark wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:36 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Oh Itd i just said its one thing i know from "my experience" so obviously i have seen it. Very close too and with a fellow witness and without a shadow of a doubt that it was a yowie also.

You are incorrect about the fringe dwellers as well. Sightings and encounters around development sites are common. Ormeau yowie for example. (thumb)

Sorry .. didn't see that! Hadn't realised you'd met one (eek)

I respect your ideas about the fringe dwellers, I just can't get on board with it. I will likely always doubt their presence anywhere near where we actually live. Crossing a remote road (which cuts across their territory) once in a while, or even daily to access water etc, is another matter. I'm sure that happens.
I doubt they would live in suburban areas or in the edge of the bush but i am sure they would frequent there if there was something that interested them. I dont know of course but i tried to prove it to a few people...and failed! Lol!! They would be mighty pissed if their home was plowed for an estate too. I know i would be!

You are right to be skeptical about this stuff but i think you will find that the whole yowie phenomenon is even stranger than it seems and sightings and encounters are rare but not as rare as it is made out. Personally, except for a few encounters on the ayr audios, i think most are the real deal.

If that many have come forward then there would be a lot that either couldnt be bothered or are too embarrassed or dont believe it themselves. Theres no good reason to report this stuff. It just makes you look like a fool or a liar which is not good. No offense meant to anyone but you would have to be a complete idiot to make up a yowie encounter.
Yowie Bait

User avatar
yowiedan
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 pm
Position: Field Researcher

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by yowiedan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Any Answer Yet?????

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: A visual digest of my research 2012- 2017

Unread post by Simon M » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:53 pm
Theres no good reason to report this stuff. It just makes you look like a fool or a liar which is not good. No offense meant to anyone but you would have to be a complete idiot to make up a yowie encounter.
I agree, which is why I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt - especially if they've put time & effort into locating evidence. Paul's obviously done this.

Having said that, it's also clear that some people - while not hoaxers - are prone to an extreme form of wishful thinking. They want so much to prove something to others that they'll manage to convince themselves they've done so.

I don't doubt that these creatures are terrifying and potentially deadly. I have no reason to think Paul is being dishonest about his encounter(s) but the minute your results are under scrutiny of this kind, any and all questions need to be addressed. At this point, the silence has becoming deafening.

Like Shaz said, Paul must be feeling pretty upset about all this, but the questions being asked aren't unreasonable.

Post Reply