Yowie signs?

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Re: Yowie signs?

Unread post by Rusty2 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm

Hey M&S , the Aboriginal would know best about the stick circles , never heard of circles though .

It would be my personal opinion that they move with the seasons , although I'd reckon they have a home or an area they call home .
The Aboriginal people used to move for the Bogon moth arrival and feast .
I'd say the yowie would also move to where the seasonal food is . Maybe fruits in summer , bulbs in winter and so on . The weather may play a part in where they go as well , winter might see them move to avoid the cold and to rumage for winter roots and grubs . The Aboriginal elders would know .

thehairyone
Silver Status
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by thehairyone » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Hey Rusty , the area I go to is at the base of some snowfields in Vic and ive been going there off and on for years and
find that in summer my area goes very quiet and in winter I get lots of vocalisations and new structures etc .
My feeling is that they come down in winter when it is too cold and back up in summer , this I would imagine would also give them
different foods and not diminish one source
Cheers Greg

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Sounds very plausible Greg and makes lotsa sense .

I would also agree on your "not dimminish one source" comment too . I've always thought that they have a very good understanding of resources , what to take and take only what you need type mentality but obviously there's no proof of this . Wallabies seem to come up in lotsa reports and although I don't know , it would seem that the wallaby population is large making it an easy decission to remove some when needed without dimminishing the resource .

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Unsure

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Rusty2 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:44 pm

As for the sticks in the ground , Neil Frost believes there's something to it and has found it on his front lawn . Apparently gorillas do it to mark ants nests .
What would you make of a small deliberate rock pile, with a stick in top? I passed one a couple of days ago. About 5 metres off trail, on a rock platform. I didn't personally make anything of it (after all, any human aged between 2 and 102 could build it), but am curious to know why BF folk think they're a thing.

I must admit to an aversion to any kind of 'stick' or tree theories. Crossed, tipi, etc. All of these are commonly and easily done by us yumans, and I've built similar in bushland myself. Frame type structures are in fact universally used to support some kind of water repellent cover. Both historically, and in modern bushcraft. Crossed trees happen in nature. Bent saplings, deliberately 'tied down', are probably trolls. And FTR, I think it's important to consider just how many people have the access, time, and energy to do this kind of trolling. More than we'd like to think, I'd wager. I'm also not a fan of the footprint, for the same reason. Too easy to fake.

Having said that, I do think sounds which can't be attributed to people, dingo, fox, or lyrebird, are a good starting point. That, and ... well, 9ft hairy hominids running at you in broad daylight (happy)

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Unsure

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:59 pm

ChrisV wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:02 am
Thought someone would of mentioned the biggest pile of faeces you could ever imagine!! (steamer)

Seems like people witness 'mega dumps' in odd places that are beyond human capabilities....and reek accordingly. (eek)
This is interesting. We spent a huge amount of time in the bush (we live in the middle of a vast wilderness, so can't really avoid it!). In a particularly favoured spot, where there is some open grassland, we've sometimes come across flattened areas of quite long grass on the perimeter (just on the edge of the treeline), in which we've seen (and smelled!) ridiculously huge human-looking poops. Each time, we loudly cursed the lazy and apparently incontinent camper/hiker.

Hmmm

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Hey ITD , apparently the Aboriginal people believe that the stick stuctures mean something but I wouldn't know and have never gone out of my way looking for them .
As for the poo you found , please send it to me QUICK ! (lol)
Jokes aside , there is a book called "Scats Tracks and Other Signs" . It has a great section on scat that you can use to identify who owns the scat . It's very precise and makes identification pretty easy .
Extra large scats are uncommon . If you find or have found a very large scat that you think is unusual , it can be used in a number of ways .
Apparently DNA can be taken from it , what it has been eating can be determined and the size and shape can be used to determine who the owner is .

Handling scat can very dangerous as scat often contains nasty diseases and can make you very ill .
Freezing scat and handling with rubber gloves might be the go until you can find the owner , haha .

Hominidhunter
Bronze Status

Unread post by Hominidhunter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:13 pm

The unfortunate part of all this is there is no proof of any sign that can not be explained away by something else, I personally do believe in some of the sign I’ve encountered but I have no evidence that it is solely yahoo related and can not discount humans or hoxes despite the remote places this so called evidence presents itself. Until I see a yahoo biting a tree or building a rock stack or walking thru some mud so I can cast its prints, combined with my bad I Phone film of it doing so, I can’t say there’s any,