Western Australian Research Group

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:44 pm

G'day All
I am wondering if any of the other WA members would like to start a research group. We could pool resources and knowledge. Follow up on any reports and just get out and about to see what we can stir up over here in the West.

Cheers Slats

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 am

Hi Slats,

Email me this week sometime - dean@yowiehunters.com and I'll point you in the right direction.

There's more happening over there than we think.



DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

MW83
Bronze Status
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by MW83 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:11 pm

I'd love to be a part of this but unfortunately I dont have much time to spare :(

User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:45 pm

MW83 wrote:I'd love to be a part of this but unfortunately I dont have much time to spare :(
I think whatever time anyone one could spare would be great. Another set of ears and eyes whem they can be there can only help.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Slats wrote:G'day All
I am wondering if any of the other WA members would like to start a research group. We could pool resources and knowledge. Follow up on any reports and just get out and about to see what we can stir up over here in the West.

Cheers Slats

Hi Slats,
Would love to be involved but I'm waiting on 2 knee replacements so very limited at the moment. :(
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 pm

sensesonfire wrote: Hi Slats,
Would love to be involved but I'm waiting on 2 knee replacements so very limited at the moment. :(
Hey senses I reckon some light bush walking could be good for recovery when you're ready!

gregvalentine
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: Sydney

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by gregvalentine » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 pm

sensesonfire wrote:
Slats wrote:G'day All
I am wondering if any of the other WA members would like to start a research group. We could pool resources and knowledge. Follow up on any reports and just get out and about to see what we can stir up over here in the West.

Cheers Slats

Hi Slats,
Would love to be involved but I'm waiting on 2 knee replacements so very limited at the moment. :(
If you bought them on eBay and they come from China you just have to be patient!

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Dion » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:33 am

gregvalentine wrote: If you bought them on eBay and they come from China you just have to be patient!
I dont know about anyone else but the curiosity got the better of me and I had to look up Knee Replacements on eBay, fortunately for senses sake you cant get Knee Replacements from china.

However you can get, to my surprise a book...... "A Beginner's Guide to Total Knee Replacement (Alongwith 5 Surgical Video DVDs 2" if one was desperate.
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Dion wrote:
gregvalentine wrote: If you bought them on eBay and they come from China you just have to be patient!
I dont know about anyone else but the curiosity got the better of me and I had to look up Knee Replacements on eBay, fortunately for senses sake you cant get Knee Replacements from china.

However you can get, to my surprise a book...... "A Beginner's Guide to Total Knee Replacement (Alongwith 5 Surgical Video DVDs 2" if one was desperate.
Holy S@#$ and people would by that......

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Dion » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Slats wrote: Holy S@#$ and people would by that......
Yeah I was a bit surprised to see there wasnt a Dummies guide after that, It was cheap to, only AU $167.86 :lol:

How they come to that exact price [insert shrug shoulders giff]
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

gregvalentine
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: Sydney

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by gregvalentine » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Dion wrote:
Slats wrote: Holy S@#$ and people would by that......
Yeah I was a bit surprised to see there wasnt a Dummies guide after that, It was cheap to, only AU $167.86 :lol:

How they come to that exact price [insert shrug shoulders giff]
I've had one knee done (right) and before that a hip (left), and now my left knee looks like it might have to be done also. It's a bugger getting old and your bits wearing out.

NB Original post by me was not meant to be taken seriously.

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Dion » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:30 pm

gregvalentine wrote: NB Original post by me was not meant to be taken seriously.
Yeah I know..... your posts are always filtered with a bit of sarcasm. :wink:

Anyway back on topic WA is a big place, I am guessing most of the research will be conducted or based around Perth.
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Dion wrote:
gregvalentine wrote: NB Original post by me was not meant to be taken seriously.
Yeah I know..... your posts are always filtered with a bit of sarcasm. :wink:

Anyway back on topic WA is a big place, I am guessing most of the research will be conducted or based around Perth.
Hi Dion
I'm based in the northern suburbs of Perth so at this stage more than likely around the Perth region but we do have alot of state forest and national parks within a reasonable travelling distance with activity in or near by. Most of the sightings I'm aware of are in the south western part of the state, with the exception of Exmouth. I personally have done some reaseach in the Avon Valley, Mundaring and Dwellingup with some interesting results (although unconfirmed). I have also been asked to follow up with some witnesses.
I personally would be more than happy to travel (within my own budget constraints) for reaseach and longer expeditions could be conducted on long weekends etc.
I do think we have a population of Yowie's aswell as Woodarchies (Junjadee's) over here and further investigation is definately warranted and I think an extra researcher or two make you feel a little safer in those "what the @#$% was that" moments.

thehairyone
Silver Status
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:22 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by thehairyone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 pm

gregvalentine wrote:I dont know about anyone else but the curiosity got the better of me and I had to look up Knee Replacements on eBay, fortunately for senses sake you cant get Knee Replacements from china.However you can get, to my surprise a book...... "A Beginner's Guide to Total Knee Replacement (Alongwith 5 Surgical Video DVDs 2" if one was desperate.

Its all well and good having the book and the DVDs but can you get the parts from Bunnings
Chees Greg












User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by sensesonfire » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 am

I was traveling to York along Great Eastern Hwy last Saturday and was thinking about the strong possibility of Yowie activity in the surrounding forest. The forest covers a vast area starting from the edge of the highway.

Quite a few truck bays and gravel tracks leading into the bush and I reckon it would be a great spot for a night surveillance. No Yowie reports to my knowledge but the area being so large would give them ample opportunity to travel about without being detected. 8)
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am

sensesonfire wrote:I was traveling to York along Great Eastern Hwy last Saturday and was thinking about the strong possibility of Yowie activity in the surrounding forest. The forest covers a vast area starting from the edge of the highway.

Quite a few truck bays and gravel tracks leading into the bush and I reckon it would be a great spot for a night surveillance. No Yowie reports to my knowledge but the area being so large would give them ample opportunity to travel about without being detected. 8)
I have heard of a sighting out York way but I don't no any of the specifics. I will definitely be getting out again soon, I'm just waiting on some extra equipment to arrive.....got permission from the boss to get some extra "toys"....I mean research equipment (claps)

User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:58 pm

G'day All
For those who might be interested I've set up a facebook page for WA research it has links to the WA sightings. I've put some photos up of sime possible markers.

Here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/

Cheers Slats

User avatar
Slats
Silver Status
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/WestOzYowieResearch/
Location: Perth

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Slats » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:27 pm

G'day All
I've got my Youtube channel up and running now. I'll be trying to get out at least once a week doing recon in different areas and collaboratiing with Yowies Down Under In WA for some investigations.
We have found a few other guys that are interested over here and new information from witness encounters is starting to come through. Also I am now writing an article for the Yowie Times called West Oz News.
So keep an eye out if your interested in what's happening in the west.
Cheers Slats

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqYnY1 ... XPkjo5QMDw

Ant30166
Approved Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:16 am

Re: Western Australian Research Group

Unread post by Ant30166 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Would love to see a WA research group get off of the ground..... As long as it’s not full of kooks with fairy stories..... My encounter was up here in the North West and I’ve done a few expeditions since, including leaving cams out..... I’ve also interviewed numerous other people who have had encounters too..... Love to meet others who have had encounters or have a genuine interest without the crazy c**p..... Unfortunately I’m up in the Pilbara

Post Reply