Yowie Poo

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Nim
Approved Member

Yowie Poo

Unread post by Nim » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi. I am new to this forum, but have been interested in Yowies for a while. I am a believer as I have heard all the "experts" claiming the big cats in Australia can't be real when I have seen one with my own eyes. So with all the eyewitness accounts of Yowies, I have no choice but to believe. Anyhow, I was recently staying for two weeks at a property at Lake George near Canberra. One day I was going for a walk on the property and smack bang in the middle of the long driveway (it was a 100acre property, mostly bush) was a large animal dropping that I could not match with any animal I knew. It was shaped like a human faeces but perhaps twice the size. It was made up of organic matter. It was nothing like horse or cow dung. Nor wombat, which are plentiful in the area. I questioned the owner of the property who claimed it must have been dog poo. There were two large dogs in the neighbouring property, but the property was fenced and this was no dog poo . The day after I saw the droppings, I was walking with the owner and someone else staying at the property when the other guest pointed out similar droppings to what I had seen the day before in the same area, but they were sitting on top of a flat rock about the size of a bread and butter plate. We all laughed and marvelled at the strange sight when only another ten or so metres away we saw exactly the same thing! Large human like faeces made from organic matter sitting on top of a flat plate sized rock! I have never seen such a thing. I questioned the owner of the property about yowies on another occasion, but while acknowledging her awareness of them she seemed quite evasive and shut the conversation down. Anyhow I was wondering if anyone else here had seen or heard of anything like this. While the first poo on a rock could have been some kind of fluke and somehow explainable, seeing two the same just really got me wondering.

Thumper
Bronze Status

Re: Yowie Poo

Unread post by Thumper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Did you take some pictures?

Nim
Approved Member

Unread post by Nim » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:25 pm

No. Silly I know. I forget to take photos of my own children on their birthday outings. When I saw the droppings just thought, how strange, then reflected later. Hope to return to the property in future and will make sure to take photos of anything unusual.

grooveyguru

Unread post by grooveyguru » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Wombats like to poo on rocks like that,not sure why they do it though

Slats
Bronze Status
Position: Field Researcher

Unread post by Slats » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 am

It's an interesting concept, my old dog (red heeler) when we were out bush used to cock his leg or back up to a shrub to do a poo only he knows why.

If it's Yowie scat maybe they did to mark territory??? I'm now wondering, as very limited scat is found, if they do hide it similar to the way my dog would do it on/in a shrub.

Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by Shazzoir » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Various wild creatures poop on rocks, logs or open elevated spots to mark their territory.

https://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showth ... -On-A-Rock

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/ ... 044094.htm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say unless the scat you found is representative of an often massive creature such as the adult yowie, it would have a poop of considerable dimensions. Photos with a tape measure would help if you come across mystery scat in the future.

Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

Hairy_man_Dan
Position: Unsure

Unread post by Hairy_man_Dan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Could be a big boars scat, seen em coke can size plenty of times while chasing em over the years. Chased a few in that area too....