Interesting pic from Bellbrook 1981

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
tez

Interesting pic from Bellbrook 1981

Unread post by tez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:50 am

Found this little book and pic inside on my Christmas travels, interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tez

Re: Interesting pic from Bellbrook 1981

Unread post by tez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:51 am

I was wondering if someone could put these right way round for me, thankx.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 am

This should work..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 am

Very cool pic by the way. Nice find! (thumb up)
Yowie Bait

Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Position: Unsure

Unread post by Simon M » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:08 pm

That is a great find. Looking at where that's situated, it's no wonder there have been sightings; it's near a river that flows through the great dividing range and is 298 kilometres long.

I wonder if they still have someone dressed as a Yowie for that occasion? I couldn't find any info about it, although they seem to have a well organised tourist industry going on in the area.

tez

Unread post by tez » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:42 am

Thanks Yowie Dan. Yes interesting pic and Simon I have wondered the same; ;lots of tales dating way back in the part of the range.

tez

Unread post by tez » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 am

Thanks Yowie Bait.

hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster

Unread post by hillbilly » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 am

(sarcasm alert)
Why is every one so ready to think that is a man in a suit? Are there no members who could not give some positive sighting credibility to this pic? Those children are dangerously close to the creature. Were they accounted for at the conclusion of the days festivities? Or have they become a statistic of missing persons? :lol:

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 am

hillbilly wrote:(sarcasm alert)
Why is every one so ready to think that is a man in a suit? Are there no members who could not give some positive sighting credibility to this pic? Those children are dangerously close to the creature. Were they accounted for at the conclusion of the days festivities? Or have they become a statistic of missing persons? :lol:
Its a man in a suit. They havent hired real yowies for the Bellbrook festival since that time they put the junjudee in charge of the petting zoo. So many chicken heads....
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 am

tez wrote:Thanks Yowie Bait.
No worries tez!
Yowie Bait

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:19 am

If I was a Yowie and looked like that I would stay in the bush also. Thats a hideous looking costume....stuff of true nightmares (curse)

tez

Unread post by tez » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 pm

what i find interesting is that the yowie ( whatever they may look like) was known well enough in the area for the residents to include a representation in the annual street fair.

hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster

Unread post by hillbilly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 am

I wonder if the yowie activity was much more intense in the early years, after settlement, and has been pushed out due to development.

Dion
Long Time Contributor
Position: Researcher

Unread post by Dion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:33 am

What strikes me odd is that the name "Yowie Hunters" on front of the car.

Coincidence?
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

tez

Unread post by tez » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 pm

You have an eye for detail Dion; I didnt notice that. It looks like a wild pig's head set there on the board, and the guy on the truck has a telescopic sighted rifle, jeez.

tez

Unread post by tez » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 pm

hillbilly wrote:I wonder if the yowie activity was much more intense in the early years, after settlement, and has been pushed out due to development.
Its been there all along Hillbilly, plenty of stories from the upper valley up till this day. Development there has been agricultural , its still quite rural and wild on its edges- Carrai Plateau to the South west, etc. I heard some strange stories from just to the south of here when I was recently there.

paulmcleod67

Unread post by paulmcleod67 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Simon M wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:08 pm
That is a great find. Looking at where that's situated, it's no wonder there have been sightings; it's near a river that flows through the great dividing range and is 298 kilometres long.

I wonder if they still have someone dressed as a Yowie for that occasion? I couldn't find any info about it, although they seem to have a well organised tourist industry going on in the area.

I reckon that is an excellent indication of changes in cultural influences over the years. I was raised around trucky yowie stories and it was fairly common truck stop banter as I remember. Juxtaposed to that I was chatting to an aboriginal mate of mine about them and a mate of his listened intently for over an hour. My mate told me later that when they left, his mate asked him what a Yowie was? I lauged m y a..e off. Preference for living in built up urban metropolises (metropoli?) has us losing some our own oral traditions and skills, such as blacksmithing and barrel making (just examples lol). Kind of sad and sort of dangerous to uninformed city holiday camper types and their kids.