Report #113: Torbanlea

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Position: Unsure

Report #113: Torbanlea

Unread post by Simon M » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 pm

An extremely interesting report, filled with detail, outlining behaviour that's rarely been reported before. The description of the attack on the dingo ("one fluid movement") from a crouching position was startling. The witness was really great on detail and considering how brief the experience was he was obviously paying close attention. It always interests me to hear what particular people focus on when they give their account, and the fact that this bloke really paid attention to how the thing moved, and how efficiently it hunted, convinced me that he was genuine. He didn't speculate or go 'off track', he stuck purely to what he saw and described it in detail. It obviously happened too quickly for him to see details (face, eyes, etc) but the fact that he saw what he said he did seems obvious to me based on that account.

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile

Re: Report #113: Torbanlea

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 am

Hi Simon,

We have heard of similar stories in the past, normally involving Kangaroos and such. I do remember Gary Opit telling me a long time ago of an account near Byron Bay where a Yowie was seen swooping up a dog on mid flight on a road.

Torbanlea #113 is interesting because its another Report from this area. We have two from Howard, which is the next town and we are hearing some interest come out of the Burrum area.

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am

Yes great report of yowie movement. A 800 pound monster that moves like a ninja ballerina praying mantis and more dexterity than our best olympians? Amazing but true!

Just goes to show that these things would be happening every night. Just need to be in the right place at the right time to see it i guess. (taz) (eek)
Yowie Bait

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:42 am

Yowie bait wrote:Just goes to show that these things would be happening every night. Just need to be in the right place at the right time to see it i guess. (taz) (eek)
It's interesting you say that, Yowie Bait. That was close to what the witness said. He noted that if he didn't quickly stop to pick up something from the shop on his way home, he would have missed the entire event. He he said it was extremely lucky that he did. It was only a matter of only 15 seconds difference between witnessing this and not.

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

Yes Dean, it really is" blink and youll miss it" with the yowie and they really are that fast and fluid with their movements as many have claimed.

When i first listened to this one i though it must have spiked the pup with its claws or something but he says it just palmed the little dingo out of the air and kept going. That is truly amazing!
Yowie Bait

Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Position: Unsure

Unread post by Simon M » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:28 am

Dean Harrison wrote:Hi Simon,

We have heard of similar stories in the past, normally involving Kangaroos and such. I do remember Gary Opit telling me a long time ago of an account near Byron Bay where a Yowie was seen swooping up a dog on mid flight on a road.

Torbanlea #113 is interesting because its another Report from this area. We have two from Howard, which is the next town and we are hearing some interest come out of the Burrum area.

DMH
That's interesting - is it seasonal, I wonder? Do they turn up in certain areas because of the available food there?
More questions than answers, as ever with this topic. :)

Boab Bob
Bronze Status
Position: Yowie Chaser

Unread post by Boab Bob » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:09 am

They're not all pooch killers. Anyone seen this amazing interview from near the San Juan river in Colorado? So yowie-like and changes my view on whether sasquatch exists south of Washington State latitude. The guys in that investigation group seem convinced that it's gigantopithecus.. https://youtu.be/5C3Oj9BI_bo

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 pm

I found that report quite disturbing. The fact that the mother dingo abandoned her young ( In reality I understand the choice ) but still its a gruesome development.
Sounds like the poor thing had no chance. Easy pickings.

So Dean are we expecting an increase in more reports soon?

hillbilly
Silver Status
Position: Believer

Unread post by hillbilly » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:48 pm

The tale of a successful hunt. Not disturbing. :)

googe
Bronze Status
Position: I'm with stupid....

Unread post by googe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:25 am

I lived on 400 acres at burrum when I was a kid in the 80's. Was sitting in the dinning room one day and something caught my eye out behind the water tank outside, looked like something black peeking around the corner. Looked like a gorilla head type of face and shape, really surprised me, every time I said look dad there's something peeking at us from.behind the tank, he'd look and see nothing, said I was imagining things lol. I went to investergate very cuatiously but found nothing. I swear to this day I seen something and can see it in my mind as clear as that day.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:07 pm

googe wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:25 am
I lived on 400 acres at burrum when I was a kid in the 80's. Was sitting in the dinning room one day and something caught my eye out behind the water tank outside, looked like something black peeking around the corner. Looked like a gorilla head type of face and shape, really surprised me, every time I said look dad there's something peeking at us from.behind the tank, he'd look and see nothing, said I was imagining things lol. I went to investergate very cuatiously but found nothing. I swear to this day I seen something and can see it in my mind as clear as that day.
Hilarious! That really sounds like something that THEY would do. Thanks for sharing!
Yowie Bait