Two people sueing govenments for not recognising Bigfoot /Sasquatch

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor
Position: Nature Lover

Two people sueing govenments for not recognising Bigfoot /Sasquatch

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Todd Standing in Canada and Claudia Ackley in California.. an interesting and, I think, well written article..

https://www.sbsun.com/2018/02/12/crestl ... ecognized/

G Dog
Approved Member

Re: Two people sueing govenments for not recognising Bigfoot /Sasquatch

Unread post by G Dog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 pm

To take on a government department in a legal battle, no matter where you are, costs money. Lot's of it.
These people will need to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, the existence of sasquatch.
Now Todd may be keeping his good stuff to himself but he will need to front up in court with a lot more than what his latest film has on offer.
Interestingly Todd stated in an interview recently that if he had money he would gather the evidence he needed through the use of technology that he can't currently afford. I do recall he was talking about heat vision on drones or some such thing. Then he stated that his doco cost him 900 thousand bucks and he will lose money on it. Plus he wants to go to court.
Strange man. A very contradictory character is Todd Standing.
If it is anything like his previous form nothing will come of it other than a couple of news reports taking the piss out of him.
I would think that if he indeed wants to prove what he says is true he will need a full length documentary of nothing but sasquatch footage and their behaviours and a body to bring into the courtroom.

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor
Position: Nature Lover

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 am

Well said G Dog. Totally agree with you there. I would have thought if he had any additional evidence it would have been in his netfix documentary which was supposed to prove the existence of sasquatch once and for all. I don't think it did that though some of the footage was very interesting I thought. The film concentrated too heavily on what he was describing as impressions in the moss which I didn't find as compelling as the arm taking the apples. It will be interesting to see what the mainstream media thinks of the court cases should they ever actually eventuate. I'll be keeping an eye on any developments regardless.

G Dog
Approved Member

Unread post by G Dog » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm

It was a strange way to spend time in his doco looking at impressions in moss wasn't it? Which I figured was just him trying desperately to get a non committal Dr Meldrum to commit, on video, that he believes Todd. As we know Todd loves to say PHD's and feels he requires the validation of people with a degree to add weight to his theories.
If we are all honest, whether we believe Todd or not, we can't probably even prove that Todd was indeed in the woods. For all we know his pictures were taken in his back yard or just over the fence of a public park. That is the burden of proof. It is a big leap of faith that we the audience need to take to say we believe him. It's fine if someone does believe they just shouldn't be surprised if the majority won't.
To prove it to a court will be tough going.

Cheers

gregvalentine
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by gregvalentine » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 pm

G Dog wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm
It was a strange way to spend time in his doco looking at impressions in moss wasn't it? Which I figured was just him trying desperately to get a non committal Dr Meldrum to commit, on video, that he believes Todd. As we know Todd loves to say PHD's and feels he requires the validation of people with a degree to add weight to his theories.
If we are all honest, whether we believe Todd or not, we can't probably even prove that Todd was indeed in the woods. For all we know his pictures were taken in his back yard or just over the fence of a public park. That is the burden of proof. It is a big leap of faith that we the audience need to take to say we believe him. It's fine if someone does believe they just shouldn't be surprised if the majority won't.
To prove it to a court will be tough going.

Cheers
Todd has no Standing surely, what with those ridiculous fake videos he used to churn out?

Black
Silver Status
Position: Monk

Unread post by Black » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Yes, quite.
Mr. Todd Standing is about to learn that a body of anecdotal evidence and experts in anthropology and other scientific fields, does not equal an actual body, and will not elevate the Sasquatch from a myth to a recognised species.

The government cannot protect its citizens from myths, and is therefore not derelict.

When you're tired of exhausting your breath at Bigfoot conferences, where do you take your evidence next? The courtroom ofcourse! Todd will lose, but on a positive note, a court proceeding, might convince the government to set up an agency to solve the mystery once and for all.