The Visitor Revisited

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor
Position: Nature Lover

The Visitor Revisited

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 pm

In 2012 I believe I had my first real encounters with Yowies. At the end of those encounters I captured a strange 'visitor' poking his head into frame in the last seconds of a 10 second video as I left after quickly setting a trail camera. The 'head wasn't in the following captures and I remain baffled to this day as to what or who it was.. After 6 years I have finally documented my experiences in February and March 2012. This is the full story to the best of my recollection..

http://www.davidrohanreid.com/2018/03/t ... sited.html

Cheers Dave.

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Re: The Visitor Revisited

Unread post by Rusty2 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:47 pm

My first impresssion Dave was your in danger and don't go back there alone .

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor
Position: Field Researcher

Unread post by yowiedan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:23 pm

It must have been a very weird feeling knowing something or someone was there in the bush and you didn't even see them or hear or smell them. It makes you wonder how many times it's happened to all of us!

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm

My thoughts too Rusty.. thanks mate.

Yeah Dan. Probably more than one would think.

ronstar2
Approved Member

Unread post by ronstar2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm

bloody hell Dave you must have walked right past it, scary stuff!

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Sure did Ron. Rattled me for nearly a year after. Still does a bit.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Yeah sure makes ya think twice. Regardless of what that is in Daves video, surely its not stretch to think they (yowies if in their vicinity) would always be watching us when out in these remote areas?
Yowie Bait

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:10 am

I agree Yowie Bait. Even if its a person in a balaclava its a good reminder that we may not be alone out there when we think we are.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:07 pm

AustralopithecineOz wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:10 am
I agree Yowie Bait. Even if its a person in a balaclava its a good reminder that we may not be alone out there when we think we are.
Yes i had a scare at this place id been going to for a couple of years now. Something very large moving around in the feeding spot which is enclosed by trees and vines, branches etc.

It could have been a homeless person or "deros" as ive been told live in the bush but i dont care what it was. Im not going back and havent been out since.

I actually went there to say goodbye to whatever It was that id been interacting with and return rocks i thought had been left for me in a tree in place of food. I did that and wont ever be going back, thats for sure!

It makes sense that they would have a lookout during the day or late afternoon when i go out. I am pretty sure they do...
Yowie Bait

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:55 am

I'm with you mate. I did go back for a follow up but I took another researcher with me. The access road is now gated so its unlikely I'll ever go back now.

Black
Silver Status
Position: Monk

Unread post by Black » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:52 am

Australopithecineoz, why have you only supplied half the story? You've supplied the arrival of the black shape but not the departure.

Presumably that is you at the beginning of the footage exiting to the left of the screen dressed in black? From the moment your body exits the camera view to the appearance of the black shape, is 9 seconds, and the shape is black like your clothing and appears in line with your upper arm.

Can you show us the other half of the story? I presume you had set the camera up and started filming prior to exiting and left the camera recording...

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks Black.

At the time, 6 years ago, I was going through the 15 second videos and it was my habit to delete the first few videos of me setting up the camera as they were useless. It was by sheer luck that I noticed the anomoly before deleting it. There was nothing in the following captures. If there was anything more to the story it may have been reports in Namadgi of illegal pig hunters so there is a possibility that it was one of those wearing a balaclava. As for "half a story" if I knew then what I know now about gathering evidence I may have done things differently. Nothing underhanded going on here mate.

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:20 am

By the way Black.. are you a researcher of any description. I've observed that you seem to have joined this forum to be antagonistic with your posts. This sort of visitor is not unknown on this forum and it certainly isn't appreciated.

thehairyone
Silver Status
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by thehairyone » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:33 am

Hi Black
It is obviously a trail camera , so it is detects movement then takes a short video then stops till the next movement , I have mine set
for a photo then 10 secs of video .
I have a hell of a lot of footage of myself going to and from my camera , exactly the same as this , minus the guest .
There would be no further story before or after
Cheers Greg

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:01 pm

For those that did not scroll to the bottom of my blog post here is the full 15 second video captured on the cheap 10 year old ltl acorn chinese clone camera..

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by yowiedan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Yes "Black" do you actually get out and research or are you another Keyboard Warrior. Where are your videos of your research please show us them!!!

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:09 pm

I dont think Dave has made any outlandish claims about the footage. Its a good heads up for those who travel out to remote areas by themselves. (taz) (oops) (taz)
Yowie Bait

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:39 pm

That footage at the end is really spooky.
The figure seems to be quite tall and skinny. I would lean towards a poacher in a balaclava as the dimensions of the head in relation to your figure walking away seem in line with a human. I'm just speculating. A Yowie one would think would be bulkier and more hairy.

I would be very concerned that you had someone so close to you and you were not aware. Thats crazy stuff!!!

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:08 am

Thanks Chris. Yes highly possible. I'm still scratching my head because it was quite a remote area really.

jai
Approved Member

Unread post by jai » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 am

To me, and of course...I wasn't there, but it looks like you exit to the left of screen. Your shadow follows you on the foliage in the background. Just as you leave the shot your shadow seems to stop moving, indicating you have stopped moving slightly off screen.

I think or I guess you may have stopped walking just off screen to maybe adjust your backpack/have a drink of water or whatever, and inadvertently filmed the tip of your elbow.

I'm not calling hoax. Just saying, IMO.... I think you caught an elbow on camera.

Elb(y)ow(ie)

Black
Silver Status

Unread post by Black » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:49 am

I wasn't suggesting the second half of the story was deliberately not shown. Just that there is another half to the story.

It's a mystery but Jai is pretty much on the money I think. As I suggested, the black of the object looks to have the same value as the black of your clothing. There is a high likelihood, the black object is part of what you were wearing.

An easy way to confirm or refute this theory is to blow up the last edge of you exiting the screen to a certain magnification and compare it to the due of the object at the same magnification and see if the pixels on both edges look the same. If the object was further away, the pixels would be less dense and more dense if closer.

I'll upload some videos when I get the chance....

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Sorry Black.. I see absolutely no similarity to my clothing at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by yowiedan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 pm

This is a message to both "Jai" & "Black". I have known this Researcher for a number of years now and even been down to his area and he has been to mine. I can assure you that there is no way that he has ever hoaxed anything at all and I don't think it is right for you guys to say it's his elbow or him in any way shape or form. If you guys took the time to actually go through all of his videos he's ever posted there isn't any kind of hoaxing or bullshit in his videos, he is a straight shooter and tells it how it is. Before you go out and start accusing people of hoaxing maybe you should get off your chair and do some research in the field and post some stuff yourselves. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and say what you have said until you guys become bored and leave. We have seen your kind come and go too many times before. You two are really Johnny come latelys into the Yowie Research world and maybe should show a little more tact and courtesy to researchers who have been around for a long time and clearly are not Fakers of any kind instead of trying to shoot them down. (respekt) (respekt) (respekt)

TheBlackStump
Gold Status - Frequent Poster

Unread post by TheBlackStump » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Can someone pl do do an enlargement of the figure in question.

Cheers

jai
Approved Member

Unread post by jai » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 am

yowiedan wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 pm
This is a message to both "Jai" & "Black". I have known this Researcher for a number of years now and even been down to his area and he has been to mine. I can assure you that there is no way that he has ever hoaxed anything at all and I don't think it is right for you guys to say it's his elbow or him in any way shape or form. If you guys took the time to actually go through all of his videos he's ever posted there isn't any kind of hoaxing or bullshit in his videos, he is a straight shooter and tells it how it is. Before you go out and start accusing people of hoaxing maybe you should get off your chair and do some research in the field and post some stuff yourselves. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and say what you have said until you guys become bored and leave. We have seen your kind come and go too many times before. You two are really Johnny come latelys into the Yowie Research world and maybe should show a little more tact and courtesy to researchers who have been around for a long time and clearly are not Fakers of any kind instead of trying to shoot them down. (respekt) (respekt) (respekt)
Please.....are you serious?? How much more courteous and gentle could I have been? I said (if you would care to read my comment instead of going of half cocked) that I DON'T call hoax and that I think, IMO, which I would have thought was quite acceptable on a site where videos are put up for discussion, that I think or guess he INADVERTANTLY filmed the tip of his elbow. In my opinion.

Geez though....how's your form?? Instead of welcoming some newcomers to the forums, you leap to massive assumptions about their reasons for coming here, miss quote me entirely and paint me as something I'm not without any hesitation. You sit behind your own keyboard and accuse me of things that you yourself are doing to me. The only difference is that I wasn't attacking anyone. You are.

I accept your account that the OP is a straight shooter, so am I. You have absolutely no idea if I'm a researcher or not ( I am a novice I guess. I've only had about a lifetime in the bush) and putting up my videos that show little to nothing (because that's what I have at the end of the day...rock piles, tree breaks, poor audio etc proving nothing significantly) would be of little use. I don't need reassurance, bolstering or encouragement. I make up my own mind on my footage/audio, and I have nothing to 100% prove yowie existence. I'll keep looking though and when or if I get it, I'll post it.

I put it to you that the reason some "Johnny come lately" forum contributors leave is because of posters like yourself. Not because they don't believe. Not because they are here to bag people. Not because they are keyboard warriors, but because they don't want to have to defend themselves against baseless attacks. I realise that you and the OP are friends, but that is totally beside the point. Your loyalty to your friend is admirable, but doesn't override my right to express an opinion.

I feel it's extremely healthy and beneficial to the site to look at ALL evidence presented from every angle. If your friend didn't want or need others thoughts, then why post the video?

I find it ironic that you demand respect from me (though I've shown no disrespect, up until this post I suspect) but you show me none. Hmmm......

Black
Silver Status

Unread post by Black » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 am

Yeah, whatever, yowiedan. (cheers)

The visitor is australopithecineoz's own elbow.

Australopithecineoz's shadow is still in frame when the "visitor" appears - in line with, 9 seconds after, as black as, and in the size range of - his black sleeved right elbow.

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 am

Sorry Black.. I was there abd I know I left directly in a different direction to the capture and as it was late didn't stop. You are entitled to your opinion but it does not represent the reality of what happened.. lets just leave it at that eh.

AustralopithecineOz
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:44 am

And Jai.. you too are entitled to your opinion.. but if you see an elbow in that image there is nothing I can say to change that apart from saying its the strangest shaped elbow from a blue chequered jacket I've ever seen.

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by yowiedan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Well said AustralopithecineOz. This video is old and has been looked at a few times now and whatever leaned over to look into the trail cameras field of view wasn't the researcher who placed it there any Tom, Dick, and Harry can see that! Believe what you like and say what you want but unless you were there you can only make your Assumptions and clearly wrong at that. As AustralopithecineOz said to leave it at that. If you didn't like what I said about backing up my friend who I know is genuine and doesn't hoax stuff like some other dodgy so-called researchers out there doesn't bother me in the slightest. (respekt)

jai
Approved Member

Unread post by jai » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Hahaha! (claps hands)

Well...I'm certain of a few things.

1. It couldn't possibly be a hoax because it is too goofy of an attempt to be a genuine effort. Therefore I call mishap by researcher.
2. I have tried respect, it doesn't work with you, yowiedan. You are a walking, breathing contradiction and you deserve no respect.
3. Anyone that thinks that that "thing" in the video was an independent living being of some kind should seek professional guidance.
4. Anyone that uses rational reasoning and basic logic can see what happened in this clip. (shadow movement in relationship to mystery object etc)
5. I'm 100% with Black on this one, and I don't even know him so this is not the old "back up my mate".

It stands out like dogs balls what happened here. A blind man on a galloping horse could see it. I guess that is the beauty of this for the desperately wanting evidence people. As long as you keep saying "it wasn't me, and I didn't see anything there at the time", you're golden. That's exactly why I wouldn't post my video, audio or long distance photographs on here. I can't prove it 100%, so it's not worth posting. But hey, that's me.

When I stumbled on this site I was googling for info on rock stacks. I found this site interesting based on the huge amount of archival anecdotes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dan has done a marvellous job putting this all together. The down side is when you start to study the forums. It is then that you start to feel that no one here really is that interested. Who cares about possible migration routes of an animal that we can't yet prove exists? Who cares if that same mystery animal, that no one really knows exists is autistic? Hours of footage that show nothing of clear significance. It almost seems like the very people that frequent this site, some of which claim to be serious researchers are only here to have a laugh, talk c**p and spew their bile at those that ask genuine questions and point out the obvious. The "Johnny come lately" types that don't swallow everything presented wouldn't hang around long because of the amount of inanity found here.

I had thought I might share not my research so much, but my hunting techniques and what I have learned over many years while I was on here, like why you won't get evidence with a camera at night, why you shouldn't talk with witnesses before an investigation (always use a middle man to get you access to the property so your mind isn't seeded by the stories shared directly by the witness. You can talk to the witness on your return), why weekend trips don't work (you should plan for a month in the least), why you should wash with clean water and aluminium "soap" while you're out bush, no deodorisers, no smoking, no drinking.

Weaponry and safe handling. (I read on here a comment by a poster that claimed to be ex military and safe with weapons, but then went on to say he used to carry a stun gun with him until he lost it in the bush one night. WTF? LOL!!!)

Something tells me I wouldn't be listened to, and that's fine. I had hoped to connect with some actual, serious adult minded hunters and get to the bottom of this yowie mystery once and for all. Wrong I was.

I have years and years of hunting, researching and living rough in the bush under my belt.....but I will never reach the stage of grasping at straws (that aren't even there) to try to produce "evidence".

So long from this "Jai come lately". Apologies for trying to be too real for you. If I leave you with anything, it's this - think for yourselves. Observe, rationalise and use common sense and logic. Don't be suburban sheep and just follow the flock. The simplest answer is very often the right answer.

Good luck everyone!! :)