Camo etc

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Post Reply
truthseeker73
New Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Camo etc

Unread post by truthseeker73 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 am

Just wondering, being a former specialist soldier for over a decade (sniper/recon cell) i am perplexed by the videos online of yowie hunters wearing camo etc then all wandering through the bush in a large, noisy group...hahahahaha kinda defeats the purpose i would suggest...not to mention looks fucken rediculous, s#@t like this is what gives crypto researchers a bad name as it looks so unprofessional when viewed by professionals..
Also, if yowies are as clever as we think then your just insulting him/her by camming up...you really think u can hide??, he will be watching you from the minute u arrive to the minute you leave if he or she is there....and for safety wouldnt it make more sense to wear something visable incase you need help quickly from your collegues, safety is paramount in the scrub
if anything i would suggest stalking boots,not that u will be able to sneak up but it will reduce your noise and allow u to hear more, also shut up while moving you cant hear with your mouth open....
Dont worry about not being seen..you WILL be seen, worry about hearing as much as you can and train your skillset based on this.After all thats why u are there isnt it???
If you cant wake up from the nightmare...,maybe your not asleep at all!!?

Pertys80
Bronze Status
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by Pertys80 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 am

I think Camo is unnecessary unless you want to hide from other humans that is, might save the embarassment of trying to explain yourself.. lol
I think Yowies are so in tune with their environment, we would be wasting our time trying to sneak up on them..
Clothes detergent is full of UV brighteners, essentially making us stand out like a sore thumb no matter 2hat colors we wear.
I'd imagine their sense of smell would be far superior to ours also..
So one would have to toss up whether they want to make themselves known and cover more ground faster, or make themselves known ,covering less ground by trying the stealth approach.. lol
Me personally, Id prefer to warn them I'm in the area to prevent any surprise/aggresive reactions..πŸ˜‰

User avatar
ripperton
New Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by ripperton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 am

Ive tried to mimic the barking that I have heard on Rusty's videos and I let off a few when I go into my research areas.
Its a short raspy whiplash almost like a cough. They would know straight away it was a human because I would never get it perfect.

Pertys80
Bronze Status
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by Pertys80 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:31 am

ripperton wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 am
Ive tried to mimic the barking that I have heard on Rusty's videos and I let off a few when I go into my research areas.
Its a short raspy whiplash almost like a cough. They would know straight away it was a human because I would never get it perfect.
How do you know that bark isn't some kind of a territorial challenge? Lol
You wouldn't even catch me attempting wood knocks, we just don't know enough about what these noises even mean.. Be careful RippertonπŸ˜‰

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by Wolf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:43 am

truthseeker73 wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 am
Just wondering, being a former specialist soldier for over a decade (sniper/recon cell) i am perplexed by the videos online of yowie hunters wearing camo etc then all wandering through the bush in a large, noisy group...hahahahaha kinda defeats the purpose i would suggest...not to mention looks fucken rediculous, s#@t like this is what gives crypto researchers a bad name as it looks so unprofessional when viewed by professionals..
Also, if yowies are as clever as we think then your just insulting him/her by camming up...you really think u can hide??, he will be watching you from the minute u arrive to the minute you leave if he or she is there....and for safety wouldnt it make more sense to wear something visable incase you need help quickly from your collegues, safety is paramount in the scrub
if anything i would suggest stalking boots,not that u will be able to sneak up but it will reduce your noise and allow u to hear more, also shut up while moving you cant hear with your mouth open....
Dont worry about not being seen..you WILL be seen, worry about hearing as much as you can and train your skillset based on this.After all thats why u are there isnt it???
I found it hilarious when camo first started appearing on clothing in stores as a fashion trend.

While I have been known to wear a pair of camo cargo shorts and a camo cap from time to time, it is for convenience and comfort (I buy all my clothes from Vinnies/Salvos, etc), not the camo attributes of said clothing. A bloke I work with said as I walked in wearing the cap and a high vis shirt, "Wolf, I can't see you, now I can, now I can't, now I can..." as his eyes moved up and down from my hat to my shirt. I had no idea what he was talking about until I realised I hadn't changed my cap to a 'work' one :roll:

As to trying to stay invisible to Yowies, you would be better off wearing blue (assuming they can see in the infra-red spectrum for their night vision capability) but anyone believing they could approach a Yowie unseen, unheard, and unsmelled is off their tree. Even if somehow they didn't spot you, they would know you are there from the bird activity.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

thehairyone
Silver Status
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:22 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by thehairyone » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm

The way I look at it is , it is pointless wearing camo or trying to sneak in , they know you are there from the time you enter their area ,
I liken it to if someone is creeping around your yard , you know no matter what they are wearing , hence why I always leave fruit etc as
a thank you for letting me wander around , I also talk to them as I am going ( good thing im in the middle of nowhere ), so they definitely
know im there
Cheers Greg

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Yeah I do or did the same as Greg. No camo and talk to " them"". Made myself very conspicuous too so as not to seem like i was sneaking around. If theyre around then they know you are there anyway.

Usually wore high vis as well as i was going out for a few hours after work and a big floppy cricket hat. Have a lot of old high vis shirts so usually wore them anyway.

Saw this guy once wearing camo type gear with some equipment. Maybe he was a yowie hunter? He was acting very stealthy and i think looking at the trees up the hill. I gave him a big wave but he didnt even see me standing there watching him in my high vis shirt! :lol:
Yowie Bait

User avatar
ripperton
New Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by ripperton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Pertys80 wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:31 am
How do you know that bark isn't some kind of a territorial challenge? Lol
You wouldn't even catch me attempting wood knocks, we just don't know enough about what these noises even mean.. Be careful RippertonπŸ˜‰
Its important to make "Yowie" noises that would, to them, be instantly recognisable as a Human calling out to them, addressing them.
They would never confuse us as another Yowie even if we did accidentally say an actual word. The voice is all wrong.
So they are aware that the Human knows about Yowies and therefore might be bringing goodies so no infrasound necasary.
A Human making usual idiot noises and maybe carrying a gun would be given a good dose of infrasound.

Pertys80
Bronze Status
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Re: Camo etc

Unread post by Pertys80 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:17 am

ripperton wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 pm
Pertys80 wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:31 am
How do you know that bark isn't some kind of a territorial challenge? Lol
You wouldn't even catch me attempting wood knocks, we just don't know enough about what these noises even mean.. Be careful RippertonπŸ˜‰
Its important to make "Yowie" noises that would, to them, be instantly recognisable as a Human calling out to them, addressing them.
They would never confuse us as another Yowie even if we did accidentally say an actual word. The voice is all wrong.
So they are aware that the Human knows about Yowies and therefore might be bringing goodies so no infrasound necasary.
A Human making usual idiot noises and maybe carrying a gun would be given a good dose of infrasound.
I too believe they know exactly what a gun is, therefore seeing us as much more of a threat..
Infrasound is a worry as we have no known defence against it, if we are unlucky enough to get zapped, I dear say they want us for other reasons.. ie Dinner.. lol

Post Reply