The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Dean Harrison wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:45 am
Yowie Bait, AYR doesn't do bogus anything. We simply Report the Encounters directly from the Witness. There are countless which never make it to our Site.

Paul Cropper conducted the main interview for us. I have personally had several personal follow ups with the Witness. He seems genuine.

It was a case of 'Careful of what you wish for'. As some others have previously and correctly said, warning bells arise when someone already had prior knowledge of the Yowie.... then something happens. In this case, according to the Witness, it was precisely what happened. He had taken a detour deeper into the forest and pulled over for a call of nature. He then took this opportunely whilst out of the car to make some curious noises, in which he says, sparked a response, then the rest pursued as stated in the Report. He went on to say in further conversations that it smelt like 5 day old road kill.

The area does have a History. There is an Aboriginal Elder who has made several comments on our Facebook regarding Uki and the Yowie that were quite insightful.

The story is unique in terms of the description being a female Yowie with breasts and a beard. As mentioned there was the 1977 Woodenbong incident (Jean Maloney), where she said "Yes, he was a male alright" (and was clearly quite impressed), and the other being Geoff Nelson who I had interviewed. Geoff laughingly commented "Well, lets just say, he certainly had nothing to brag about". Most Reports state Male Yowies, so again, this is rather unique.



DMH
Hi Dean. I don't think ayr is bogus. I was actually pointing out that ayr is not bogus but do understand why newbies or skeptics would think its odd with the tree knocks etc. I do think yowie researchers would have encounters and cant see why they wouldn't, especially if they were researching in a no go zone or yowie territory which is likely.

I can think of maybe one other aussie encounter where breasts were mentioned and quite a few where they mention a visible penus.

When i spoke to Paul Cropper, he did ask about genitalia, i didnt want to elaborate on it but did say i had seen its penus which was hard to miss actually and i remember my mate describing it to his parents/ family when we got back to camp. It wasnt overly huge but in proportion to its body.

Cant say if it was circumcised or not but doubt it was and was kind of human looking. I was more concerned about getting away than checking out the goods. I think you could relate to that. Who cares about the penus when you think your about to get ripped to shreds!!
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Sorry i apparently spelt penis wrong. P E N I S.
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Seems the 'he' reporting this, was a 'she'....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rch-5.html

Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:53 am

Hi Shaz,

We haven't done any interviews with the UK Daily Mail. They are reading through the threads on our Facebook and putting together their own stories.

Here is their latest - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... easts.html

Amusingly 'he' is now a 'she', and she was fending off the Yowie with a Cricket Bat. Sounds exciting....



DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am
Position: Believer
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by hillbilly » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:02 am

Ahh, the daily mail-uk, they don't let the truth destroy a good yarn.

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Shazzoir » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:23 am

I should have known... anything more sensational to sell more papers....

Thanks Dean. :)
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

bubble1
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by bubble1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Talk about Journalistic licence or Chinese whispers

AL Pitman
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Location: Kungala nsw

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by AL Pitman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:23 pm

Why is it that if an individual has taken the time and interest in this field of research that if they consequently have an encounter are immediately branded a fake ??
As with most pursuits, if you put yourself in the right place at the right time the object or outcome that you are searching for may well just present itself !
IF YOU DO NOT LOOK YOU WILL NOT SEE

AL PITMAN

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 pm

AL Pitman wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:23 pm
Why is it that if an individual has taken the time and interest in this field of research that if they consequently have an encounter are immediately branded a fake ??
As with most pursuits, if you put yourself in the right place at the right time the object or outcome that you are searching for may well just present itself !
It's simply because the odds are astronomically against it. What I mean by that is, there are very few BF researchers on planet earth. FAR fewer than the the ordinary, non-believing humans roaming around earth's forests at any given moment. Then there is the rarity and shyness of the Hairy Bloke himself ... carefully avoiding all contact with humanity. Really, what are the chances that someone who is actually seeking them, is the very person who has that one in million encounter? Ridiculously unlikely, unfortunately.

It's far FAR more likely that one of those other - non-believing - remote forest visitors/dwellers will have the encounter. Mountain bikers, overland hikers on multi-day treks, hunters, etc .. these are the kinds of visitors to forests who are going to have the majority of encounters. And it goes without saying that those who actually live in remote places are more likely to run into BF.

It's a numbers game, IOW. Nothing more :)

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Simon M » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Honestly, if I did ever see one of these things, I'd struggle with whether or not to say anything to anyone, even here.

It seems like more trouble than it's worth. I'd consider reporting it anonymously to AYR, but I wouldn't be discussing it even on this forum. You can invite a whole world of trouble by even mentioning this topic in the wrong company.

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1819
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Dion » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:15 pm

Simon M wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:03 pm
Honestly, if I did ever see one of these things, I'd struggle with whether or not to say anything to anyone, even here.

It seems like more trouble than it's worth. I'd consider reporting it anonymously to AYR, but I wouldn't be discussing it even on this forum. You can invite a whole world of trouble by even mentioning this topic in the wrong company.
Precisely why a lot off people may not come forward, especially those of indigenous culture who think it should only be talked about with elders etc.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

thehairyone
Silver Status
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:22 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by thehairyone » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:57 pm

Simon , that is exactly what I have said , if I had the perfect video , pic etc I would share with a few people on here ,
get verification , then stick it up family and friends who say im mad
Cheers Greg

Austral
New Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:10 am

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Austral » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Its weird how you dont even talk about experiences with the poeple that were with you. Its sort of too much for the brain to comprehend so its muted out.
Ive never seen a yowie but am quite sure ive had two encounters , for lack of a better word.

User avatar
P. Fields
Approved Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:28 pm
Position: Arm-Chair Researcher
Location: Northern NSW

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by P. Fields » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:10 pm

inthedark wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 pm


It's simply because the odds are astronomically against it. What I mean by that is, there are very few BF researchers on planet earth. FAR fewer than the the ordinary, non-believing humans roaming around earth's forests at any given moment. Then there is the rarity and shyness of the Hairy Bloke himself ... carefully avoiding all contact with humanity. Really, what are the chances that someone who is actually seeking them, is the very person who has that one in million encounter? Ridiculously unlikely, unfortunately.

It's far FAR more likely that one of those other - non-believing - remote forest visitors/dwellers will have the encounter. Mountain bikers, overland hikers on multi-day treks, hunters, etc .. these are the kinds of visitors to forests who are going to have the majority of encounters. And it goes without saying that those who actually live in remote places are more likely to run into BF.

It's a numbers game, IOW. Nothing more :)
I get where you're coming from, but i definitely think someone who knows what to look & listen for has a better chance of having an encounter, especially such a close & personal one at that. As in the report, the witness first hears rustling in the bush; then proceeds to provoke a response by yelling and hitting trees w/ the cricket bat. If the witness had no prior yowie exposure, they would likely have just got back in the car & driven off after they heard the vague rustling sounds. No encounter in that case. While i agree that statistically speaking, you'd be more likely to encounter a yowie on a week-long hike through some remote mystical forest than just off the road outside Uki, you shouldn't rule out the possibility just because it's unlikely. Mt Jerusalem N.P would be an ideal habitat for these creatures, I wouldn't be suprised to hear of their presence here.

I am willing to admit a bit of bias though, Mt Jerusalem is pretty close to home for me. I want to believe!
And to answer Rastus' concern, i'd usually be driving with my lights on an hour before sunset on that road through the national park. Pretty thick scrub & trees right up to the narrow gravel road
/////////// || \\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\ || ///////////

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 am

I dont see why its such a big deal for a researcher to have an encounter. Isnt that part of the reason they are out in these areas in the first place? What was Dean doing when he was shoved? He was researching from what i can tell.

All these rules for who can and cannot have an encounter are a bit silly really. Doubt theyre as rare as its made out either.

Not everyones going to come forward and i am sure that hairy men encounters are not such a big deal in some parts of the country. Part of everyday life even in some towns or properties. (bushman) (taz) (bushman)
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Searcher » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:17 am

Yowie bait wrote:
All these rules for who can and cannot have an encounter are a bit silly really.
Fully agree, YB. In fact I'd go so far as to say very silly!

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:59 am

Searcher wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:17 am
Yowie bait wrote:
All these rules for who can and cannot have an encounter are a bit silly really.
Fully agree, YB. In fact I'd go so far as to say very silly!
Ok then-very silly! :wink:
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:41 am

Simon M wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:03 pm
Honestly, if I did ever see one of these things, I'd struggle with whether or not to say anything to anyone, even here.

It seems like more trouble than it's worth. I'd consider reporting it anonymously to AYR, but I wouldn't be discussing it even on this forum. You can invite a whole world of trouble by even mentioning this topic in the wrong company.
Ditto. There's no way in hell I'd tell anyone, ever. Anonymously here, and that's it.

The odd responses of Park Rangers to the direct question may simply be due to this reluctance. Being 'caught out' unexpectedly. If BF exists, those working all day every day in hot spots have probably all seen at least one. How would they deal with that? Would they report it to the higher ups, and risk losing their jobs? Park Rangers are, after all, supposed to be very knowledgeable (of the bush and it's critters), highly responsible, and sane.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:00 am

P. Fields wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:10 pm


I get where you're coming from, but i definitely think someone who knows what to look & listen for has a better chance of having an encounter, especially such a close & personal one at that. As in the report, the witness first hears rustling in the bush; then proceeds to provoke a response by yelling and hitting trees w/ the cricket bat. If the witness had no prior yowie exposure, they would likely have just got back in the car & driven off after they heard the vague rustling sounds. No encounter in that case. While i agree that statistically speaking, you'd be more likely to encounter a yowie on a week-long hike through some remote mystical forest than just off the road outside Uki, you shouldn't rule out the possibility just because it's unlikely. Mt Jerusalem N.P would be an ideal habitat for these creatures, I wouldn't be suprised to hear of their presence here.

I am willing to admit a bit of bias though, Mt Jerusalem is pretty close to home for me. I want to believe!
And to answer Rastus' concern, i'd usually be driving with my lights on an hour before sunset on that road through the national park. Pretty thick scrub & trees right up to the narrow gravel road
I was thinking more along the lines of 'full sight' type encounters .. where the critter itself is clearly seen. Rustlings and other vague signs could be as easily mistaken by a researcher, as they are dismissed by non-believers.

As for bias, I totally understand it. I'm prone to the same thing, because I happen to live on the edge - as in 200 metres from - a huge wilderness. No roads, no towns. And I have another property which backs directly onto an even more vast wilderness. Kangaroos in the backyard, etc. I literally don't have to do anything to be right in the middle of Y territory. This tends to make me a little impatient with what seems (to me) to be dabbling in the wrong places. I need to remind myself that not everyone lives in Yowie country, and therefore research will be limited to occasions when time/budgets etc allow the travel.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 am
I dont see why its such a big deal for a researcher to have an encounter. Isnt that part of the reason they are out in these areas in the first place? What was Dean doing when he was shoved? He was researching from what i can tell.

All these rules for who can and cannot have an encounter are a bit silly really. Doubt theyre as rare as its made out either.

Not everyones going to come forward and i am sure that hairy men encounters are not such a big deal in some parts of the country. Part of everyday life even in some towns or properties. (bushman) (taz) (bushman)
It's not a rule, though. More of an equation :)

I wish they were less rare, meantime. Perhaps then we'd be able to ensure their survival.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:49 pm

inthedark wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am
Yowie bait wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 am
I dont see why its such a big deal for a researcher to have an encounter. Isnt that part of the reason they are out in these areas in the first place? What was Dean doing when he was shoved? He was researching from what i can tell.

All these rules for who can and cannot have an encounter are a bit silly really. Doubt theyre as rare as its made out either.

Not everyones going to come forward and i am sure that hairy men encounters are not such a big deal in some parts of the country. Part of everyday life even in some towns or properties. (bushman) (taz) (bushman)
It's not a rule, though. More of an equation :)

I wish they were less rare, meantime. Perhaps then we'd be able to ensure their survival.
I have been on three different properties where the residents have claimed to have had local Yowies that frequented the properties.

Except for one bloke ,the residents werent concerned about them and at one place the neighbours had experienced them as well as the yowie was mostly seen on their property. Im sure it would have been common knowledge to most in the area from the way they talked.

I also know two different men that have had encounters that i believe 100 percent. One i grew up with and have known my whole life while the other was very respected down to earth man who was not lying. He even had a sketch of it that was very life like. He was an excellent artist.

These were proper sightings/encounters. Not smells or shaky trees. Neither were hunters or bushmen or whatever. Just normal blokes. Neither were coaxed to tell either.

Now i wont add my own experience as i think that if one bloke ( me!) knows two witnesses as well as the property owners then thats quite a lot for something so rare with a 1 in a million chance of being spotted.

Theres numerous examples on the AYR youtube site as well of property owners dealings with resident yowies with other people visiting the property that had seen em as well.

Still maybe i am just a gullible type but i dont think i am and im sure theres many reading this that have heard similar tales from reliable witnesses.

As far as these people not living in the bush that have had the experience. Well theres many reasons for being out bush. Scout trips, camping, fishing etc which is where a lot of the sightings come from.

Its just dumb luck and either fortunate or unfortunate depending on your perspective.
(taz) (thumb)
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:49 pm
inthedark wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am
Yowie bait wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 am
I dont see why its such a big deal for a researcher to have an encounter. Isnt that part of the reason they are out in these areas in the first place? What was Dean doing when he was shoved? He was researching from what i can tell.

All these rules for who can and cannot have an encounter are a bit silly really. Doubt theyre as rare as its made out either.

Not everyones going to come forward and i am sure that hairy men encounters are not such a big deal in some parts of the country. Part of everyday life even in some towns or properties. (bushman) (taz) (bushman)
It's not a rule, though. More of an equation :)

I wish they were less rare, meantime. Perhaps then we'd be able to ensure their survival.
I have been on three different properties where the residents have claimed to have had local Yowies that frequented the properties.

Except for one bloke ,the residents werent concerned about them and at one place the neighbours had experienced them as well as the yowie was mostly seen on their property. Im sure it would have been common knowledge to most in the area from the way they talked.

I also know two different men that have had encounters that i believe 100 percent. One i grew up with and have known my whole life while the other was very respected down to earth man who was not lying. He even had a sketch of it that was very life like. He was an excellent artist.

These were proper sightings/encounters. Not smells or shaky trees. Neither were hunters or bushmen or whatever. Just normal blokes. Neither were coaxed to tell either.

Now i wont add my own experience as i think that if one bloke ( me!) knows two witnesses as well as the property owners then thats quite a lot for something so rare with a 1 in a million chance of being spotted.

Theres numerous examples on the AYR youtube site as well of property owners dealings with resident yowies with other people visiting the property that had seen em as well.

Still maybe i am just a gullible type but i dont think i am and im sure theres many reading this that have heard similar tales from reliable witnesses.

As far as these people not living in the bush that have had the experience. Well theres many reasons for being out bush. Scout trips, camping, fishing etc which is where a lot of the sightings come from.

Its just dumb luck and either fortunate or unfortunate depending on your perspective.
(taz) (thumb)
I should add that i had absolutely no interest in yowies when i met those people and stayed on those properties. Even after having a yowie experience i still wasnt interested.

The mate that had the encounters asked me for years to go out to try see the junjudee with him and i would change the subject and wouldnt even talk about it. He didnt remember id had an encounter either till years later when he was telling me about what happened to him.

You could be working side by side with someone and you wouldn't know unless you breached the subject and even then they might not fess up.

Ive since spoken to hunters, farmers and property owners and had mixed results. One bloke the other day told me he knows they (yowies) are there but he hasnt seen on yet. He lives in a yowie "hotspot" .

I dont know truly if its dumb luck either. Id say you would have to be in the wrong spot or some other reason for them to show themselves.
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:24 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:49 pm


I have been on three different properties where the residents have claimed to have had local Yowies that frequented the properties.

Except for one bloke ,the residents werent concerned about them and at one place the neighbours had experienced them as well as the yowie was mostly seen on their property. Im sure it would have been common knowledge to most in the area from the way they talked.

I also know two different men that have had encounters that i believe 100 percent. One i grew up with and have known my whole life while the other was very respected down to earth man who was not lying. He even had a sketch of it that was very life like. He was an excellent artist.

These were proper sightings/encounters. Not smells or shaky trees. Neither were hunters or bushmen or whatever. Just normal blokes. Neither were coaxed to tell either.

Now i wont add my own experience as i think that if one bloke ( me!) knows two witnesses as well as the property owners then thats quite a lot for something so rare with a 1 in a million chance of being spotted.

Theres numerous examples on the AYR youtube site as well of property owners dealings with resident yowies with other people visiting the property that had seen em as well.

Still maybe i am just a gullible type but i dont think i am and im sure theres many reading this that have heard similar tales from reliable witnesses.

As far as these people not living in the bush that have had the experience. Well theres many reasons for being out bush. Scout trips, camping, fishing etc which is where a lot of the sightings come from.

Its just dumb luck and either fortunate or unfortunate depending on your perspective.
(taz) (thumb)
Yeah .. that's exactly what I meant. It's THESE kinds of people and situations which (for me) are the most believable. Ordinary folk who happen to spend a lot of time in remote locations, away from big cities etc.

On that, my weekender is on the edge of a small town in prime Y territory, and I have actually asked the question of neighbours ... all of whom have been there for decades. They laughed. While the towns folk are aware of the reported encounters, the 'victims' are regarded as loons or liars. A very different response to that of others who've found common belief in certain towns.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:29 pm

inthedark wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:24 am
Yowie bait wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:49 pm


I have been on three different properties where the residents have claimed to have had local Yowies that frequented the properties.

Except for one bloke ,the residents werent concerned about them and at one place the neighbours had experienced them as well as the yowie was mostly seen on their property. Im sure it would have been common knowledge to most in the area from the way they talked.

I also know two different men that have had encounters that i believe 100 percent. One i grew up with and have known my whole life while the other was very respected down to earth man who was not lying. He even had a sketch of it that was very life like. He was an excellent artist.

These were proper sightings/encounters. Not smells or shaky trees. Neither were hunters or bushmen or whatever. Just normal blokes. Neither were coaxed to tell either.

Now i wont add my own experience as i think that if one bloke ( me!) knows two witnesses as well as the property owners then thats quite a lot for something so rare with a 1 in a million chance of being spotted.

Theres numerous examples on the AYR youtube site as well of property owners dealings with resident yowies with other people visiting the property that had seen em as well.

Still maybe i am just a gullible type but i dont think i am and im sure theres many reading this that have heard similar tales from reliable witnesses.

As far as these people not living in the bush that have had the experience. Well theres many reasons for being out bush. Scout trips, camping, fishing etc which is where a lot of the sightings come from.

Its just dumb luck and either fortunate or unfortunate depending on your perspective.
(taz) (thumb)
Yeah .. that's exactly what I meant. It's THESE kinds of people and situations which (for me) are the most believable. Ordinary folk who happen to spend a lot of time in remote locations, away from big cities etc.

On that, my weekender is on the edge of a small town in prime Y territory, and I have actually asked the question of neighbours ... all of whom have been there for decades. They laughed. While the towns folk are aware of the reported encounters, the 'victims' are regarded as loons or liars. A very different response to that of others who've found common belief in certain towns.
Well if theyre living in the blue mountains and laughing at people who report yowies then theyre misinforned and ignorant of their surroundings and obviously not as smart as they percieve themselves to be imo. Same goes for the rest of mainstream Australia, most of whom seem devoid or incapable of any independent thought whatsoever.
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Well if theyre living in the blue mountains and laughing at people who report yowies then theyre misinforned and ignorant of their surroundings and obviously not as smart as they percieve themselves to be imo. Same goes for the rest of mainstream Australia, most of whom seem devoid or incapable of any independent thought whatsoever.
It's not the Blue Mountains :)

But I do know a lot of Mountains folk, most of whom are very into 'wilderness' type recreation (hiking, caving, climbing, mountain biking etc). I'm yet to come across a single one who actively believes. Some are open to the possibility, but remain skeptical. Keeping in mind, these are people who not only live in the bush but also spend much of their spare time in the bush. And none of them know anyone who's met a Yowie, and so on and so on. If anyone was going to run across a Blue Mountains Hairy Man, you'd think it'd be one of these people. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed to learn all of this. I did expect SOMETHING, however vague or minor. But absolutely nothing? Huge bummer :?

As for the people in the town where my weekender is located, I just think it's impossible for them to believe something which they've never had any reason to believe ... other than a couple of 'reports' from known oddballs (and the reports have been from local eccentrics, unfortunately). Not sure I can agree that it's lack of independent thought. More like a response to the reality of our lives - which for most of us, has yet to involve any sight of Yowie. I can't condemn folk for that. In fact, I really don't want my friends and neighbours engaging in belief without evidence - for the obvious reasons - but also because I could never trust them to tell me the truth. I want to hear about that Yowie encounter from someone who is fundamentally 'skeptical' (as the majority of us are), because then I'll know it's 100% true. Hope that makes sense.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 pm

inthedark wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:23 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Well if theyre living in the blue mountains and laughing at people who report yowies then theyre misinforned and ignorant of their surroundings and obviously not as smart as they percieve themselves to be imo. Same goes for the rest of mainstream Australia, most of whom seem devoid or incapable of any independent thought whatsoever.
It's not the Blue Mountains :)

But I do know a lot of Mountains folk, most of whom are very into 'wilderness' type recreation (hiking, caving, climbing, mountain biking etc). I'm yet to come across a single one who actively believes. Some are open to the possibility, but remain skeptical. Keeping in mind, these are people who not only live in the bush but also spend much of their spare time in the bush. And none of them know anyone who's met a Yowie, and so on and so on. If anyone was going to run across a Blue Mountains Hairy Man, you'd think it'd be one of these people. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed to learn all of this. I did expect SOMETHING, however vague or minor. But absolutely nothing? Huge bummer :?

As for the people in the town where my weekender is located, I just think it's impossible for them to believe something which they've never had any reason to believe ... other than a couple of 'reports' from known oddballs (and the reports have been from local eccentrics, unfortunately). Not sure I can agree that it's lack of independent thought. More like a response to the reality of our lives - which for most of us, has yet to involve any sight of Yowie. I can't condemn folk for that. In fact, I really don't want my friends and neighbours engaging in belief without evidence - for the obvious reasons - but also because I could never trust them to tell me the truth. I want to hear about that Yowie encounter from someone who is fundamentally 'skeptical' (as the majority of us are), because then I'll know it's 100% true. Hope that makes sense.
Yep fair enough ITD . I can relate as i didnt believe either even though i was informed by reasonable enough people, it took an encounter before i truly did and even then found it hard to accept at first. We are all told monsters dont really exist. Seeing is believing i suppose!

Im not trying to single out country or city either but those complacent to go along with the flow and ridicule anything they dont understand or are schooled not to respect. Ignorance is bliss they say but its still ignorance.

I do wonder though if those who frequent the bush and have regular spots to fish, hunt or whatever would be more likely. Its said the hairys like to observe us for whatever reason so if your not a threat and already been or being checked out then your probably not a person of
Interest to them.

Most of these that are in the know are sharing their properties with the things like some kind of unwritten agreement to co exist.

Its a shame the authorities are either apparently not aware or have kept us in the dark( no pun intended!) about the hairymen as thats the real issue that they exist and most are unaware and not the difference between city and country folk or whos lying or not or whos more likely to see one etc etc.

As for the researchers not likely to have an encounter. Well theres some great encounters on this forum from researchers but not for awhile. Whether you believe of course is up to you!

(thumb up)
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 pm


Yep fair enough ITD . I can relate as i didnt believe either even though i was informed by reasonable enough people, it took an encounter before i truly did and even then found it hard to accept at first. We are all told monsters dont really exist. Seeing is believing i suppose!

Im not trying to single out country or city either but those complacent to go along with the flow and ridicule anything they dont understand or are schooled not to respect. Ignorance is bliss they say but its still ignorance.

I do wonder though if those who frequent the bush and have regular spots to fish, hunt or whatever would be more likely. Its said the hairys like to observe us for whatever reason so if your not a threat and already been or being checked out then your probably not a person of
Interest to them.

Most of these that are in the know are sharing their properties with the things like some kind of unwritten agreement to co exist.

Its a shame the authorities are either apparently not aware or have kept us in the dark( no pun intended!) about the hairymen as thats the real issue that they exist and most are unaware and not the difference between city and country folk or whos lying or not or whos more likely to see one etc etc.

As for the researchers not likely to have an encounter. Well theres some great encounters on this forum from researchers but not for awhile. Whether you believe of course is up to you!

(thumb up)
You have me thinking now! My pals in the Mountains could be oblivious for one very important reason .. which hadn't occurred to me until now. They're ALWAYS MOVING. They literally never stop anywhere for more than a few hours, or a late night tent pitch for a few hours sleep before setting off again early next morning. They have no interest in 'stationary' recreation in the bush. If the Hairies know that such people are unlikely to stay in one spot (and it would be very easy to figure that out. even dogs know what we're doing before we do it), they don't need to defend territory or scare them (the humans) off. It would also be very easy to remain hidden, since it would only be for that brief instant that the travelling human is noisily hiking or biking through ... not paying especial attention to the tiny sounds and unusual 'stumps' etc in the surrounding bush. Mountain bikers in particular, see very little that isn't on the track, since loss of concentration means certain injury. Even hiking, we tend to spend the majority of our time looking down/ahead, rather than around.

You may be right in that those activities which demand stillness and quiet for long periods - ie, hunting and fishing, are the most likely to have encounters - both good and bad. For all the reasons given. Yowie may be threatened by a 'stayer', and the stayer has a higher chance of an accidental siting given Y cannot remain motionless behind a tree forever.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by Yowie bait » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:47 pm

inthedark wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 pm


Yep fair enough ITD . I can relate as i didnt believe either even though i was informed by reasonable enough people, it took an encounter before i truly did and even then found it hard to accept at first. We are all told monsters dont really exist. Seeing is believing i suppose!

Im not trying to single out country or city either but those complacent to go along with the flow and ridicule anything they dont understand or are schooled not to respect. Ignorance is bliss they say but its still ignorance.

I do wonder though if those who frequent the bush and have regular spots to fish, hunt or whatever would be more likely. Its said the hairys like to observe us for whatever reason so if your not a threat and already been or being checked out then your probably not a person of
Interest to them.

Most of these that are in the know are sharing their properties with the things like some kind of unwritten agreement to co exist.

Its a shame the authorities are either apparently not aware or have kept us in the dark( no pun intended!) about the hairymen as thats the real issue that they exist and most are unaware and not the difference between city and country folk or whos lying or not or whos more likely to see one etc etc.

As for the researchers not likely to have an encounter. Well theres some great encounters on this forum from researchers but not for awhile. Whether you believe of course is up to you!

(thumb up)
You have me thinking now! My pals in the Mountains could be oblivious for one very important reason .. which hadn't occurred to me until now. They're ALWAYS MOVING. They literally never stop anywhere for more than a few hours, or a late night tent pitch for a few hours sleep before setting off again early next morning. They have no interest in 'stationary' recreation in the bush. If the Hairies know that such people are unlikely to stay in one spot (and it would be very easy to figure that out. even dogs know what we're doing before we do it), they don't need to defend territory or scare them (the humans) off. It would also be very easy to remain hidden, since it would only be for that brief instant that the travelling human is noisily hiking or biking through ... not paying especial attention to the tiny sounds and unusual 'stumps' etc in the surrounding bush. Mountain bikers in particular, see very little that isn't on the track, since loss of concentration means certain injury. Even hiking, we tend to spend the majority of our time looking down/ahead, rather than around.

You may be right in that those activities which demand stillness and quiet for long periods - ie, hunting and fishing, are the most likely to have encounters - both good and bad. For all the reasons given. Yowie may be threatened by a 'stayer', and the stayer has a higher chance of an accidental siting given Y cannot remain motionless behind a tree forever.
Could be its the people disrespecting or percieved to be disrespecting the area that may experience a noisey aggro encounter. Not always though as some people seem to be doing nothing too bad by our standards and have the experience.

I would say think of them as a kind of bush ninja or ultimate bush stalker as opposed to a basic ape like creature as whatever they may be they are vastly superior to humans in that respect. Some of us may know our bush skills and forested areas very well but the yowie is another matter altogether as they are there 24 -7 365 days a year...i think?

According to some reports they will mimic your footsteps and stop when you stop which is a clever trick to avoid detection. As you say not everyone will be looking around as they walk either as there is a lot to avoid stepping on out there!

Yep sure Is a few encounters involving fishing. Could be a territorial thing. Its said to leave some fish as an offering . I know some humans who get ticked off if someone has been in their spot as well!
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:47 pm


Could be its the people disrespecting or percieved to be disrespecting the area that may experience a noisey aggro encounter. Not always though as some people seem to be doing nothing too bad by our standards and have the experience.

I would say think of them as a kind of bush ninja or ultimate bush stalker as opposed to a basic ape like creature as whatever they may be they are vastly superior to humans in that respect. Some of us may know our bush skills and forested areas very well but the yowie is another matter altogether as they are there 24 -7 365 days a year...i think?

According to some reports they will mimic your footsteps and stop when you stop which is a clever trick to avoid detection. As you say not everyone will be looking around as they walk either as there is a lot to avoid stepping on out there!

Yep sure Is a few encounters involving fishing. Could be a territorial thing. Its said to leave some fish as an offering . I know some humans who get ticked off if someone has been in their spot as well!
hmmm ... I haven't been fishing in a while (woot)

seriously, it does make sense. the person fishing is remaining stationary in Y's backyard .. AND stealing his dinner from the river. likewise hunters, I guess. hiding behind trees (Yowie style) and stealing those nummy rabbits.

AL Pitman
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Location: Kungala nsw

Re: The Bearded Lady - Uki Yowie Report

Unread post by AL Pitman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 am

A friend of mine had an encounter several years ago now at Platypus flat in the Coffs hinterland.
He was at the time working as a Ranger and was camping overnight at the campground there with a colleague, they were hoisting themselves up into the trees and conducting a species count ??
They had cooked up their tucker and decided that a few rums would be good and since nobody else was about they cranked up the AccaDacca.
Well a certain very large hairy individual took offense to the proceedings and jumped into the light of the camp and gave a thundering roar at them.
In my freinds words (we jumped in the cruiser and drove straight home to Coffs Harbour and left all our camp gear behind , pissed or not there was no way we was staying there overnight )
This occurred in the wee hours of the morning and it took 2 days before they could pluck up the courage to retrieve the abandoned equipment Lol.
These incidental encounters appear to be the most common type so I guess we could take a lesson from it and not try so hard to produce a result when out bush!
IF YOU DO NOT LOOK YOU WILL NOT SEE

AL PITMAN

Post Reply