Victorian yowie hunters

This board is open for all matters and discussions pertaining to the Australian Yowie. Please keep on topic in this forum.
GECKO

Victorian yowie hunters

Unread post by GECKO » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:22 pm

Hey all, im just wondering if theres many people in Victoria that like to walk the bush in search of the yowie? Im in the yarra valley and the only person i can take with me is my 4 year old so i dont ever go into thick terrain. At our farm i go looking with her but im more teaching her how to respect the bush and the animals aswell as making memories for her years after im gone. Just wondering if anyone would like to come up to noojee with me sometime to have a look. Had an experience there while looking for lace monitors and has made me feel a bit creeped out walking the bush alone, ive heard they are more likely to attack someone thats on there own. If theres any groups or anything I'd be keen to do a meet up. Tad boring being the only person i know that has an intrest.. cheers everyone

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor
Position: Field Researcher

Re: Victorian yowie hunters

Unread post by yowiedan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:21 am

Look up the Victorian Yowie field Research Organization on Facebook. You might fine someone that would go out with you.

GECKO

Unread post by GECKO » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:19 pm

yowiedan wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:21 am
Look up the Victorian Yowie field Research Organization on Facebook. You might fine someone that would go out with you.
Cheers mate, much appreciated. Ill have a look. Be good to have a face to face chat with other people. Pretty sure im driving the wife crazy although i have turned her into a believer she just isn't that interested.

thehairyone
Silver Status
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by thehairyone » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Gday Gecko , I live down Frankston way and go to the Noojee / Walhalla area all the time , if you want we could catch up and I can show you some stuff
that will make you say mmmmm , I too have converted my wife into a believer , I have found a fair few " structures" footprints inc some castable ones , heard
unexplainable vocalizations and the last time I was camping there I was seen off by some ( I mostly camp there alone ) . I am currently thinking about going for a hike up a small creek I have found .
Send me a pm if you are interested in catching up
Cheers Greg

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor
Position: Field Researcher

Unread post by yowiedan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:24 am

Watch out for the Social Distancing Police!

Grantly
Approved Member
Position: Flesh and Blood

Unread post by Grantly » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:47 pm

yowiedan wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:24 am
Watch out for the Social Distancing Police!
Like Yowiedan said..... But at a later stage for sure! Right now the coppers are full of steam and on a massive power trip. Give it a while.

Vayowin
Approved Member
Position: Yowie Hunter

Unread post by Vayowin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:54 am

I too am from the Yarra ranges and keen to head out and research. Once the lockdown is over of course as I work with vulnerable people and need to keep social distancing measures in check for now.

But once all of this stuff is over id definitely be keen to grab a coffee or something and discuss finding some peeps/areas to research with and around? (claps hands)

thehairyone
Silver Status
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by thehairyone » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:44 pm

Gday Vayowin and Gecko , ive just sent you both a message with my phone number etc . Just give me a call when you are ready and we can organize
a time etc to catch up
Cheers Greg

GECKO

Unread post by GECKO » Fri May 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Sounds good, when the lockdown is lifted im up for a catchup and a bit of an adventure. Will be good