Vulcan Forest, Black Springs NSW - Yowie?

This board is open for all matters and discussions pertaining to the Australian Yowie. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Michael2003
Approved Member

Vulcan Forest, Black Springs NSW - Yowie?

Unread post by Michael2003 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:11 am

I was doing a camping overnighter in the Vulcan Forest in black springs and I heard something like a pig mixed with a wookie or something from Star Wars. It didn't sound like anything I've ever heard before and it freaked me the he'll out so i got back to the car and left. I think this was a yowie. Any ideas?

gregvalentine
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Skeptic

Re: Vulcan Forest, Black Springs NSW - Yowie?

Unread post by gregvalentine » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:46 pm

Michael2003 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:11 am
I was doing a camping overnighter in the Vulcan Forest in black springs and I heard something like a pig mixed with a wookie or something from Star Wars. It didn't sound like anything I've ever heard before and it freaked me the he'll out so i got back to the car and left. I think this was a yowie. Any ideas?
I remember several years ago camped at Myall Lakes on a kayaking trip and hearing what I thought were some wild pigs making a racket during the night; turned out to be a couple of male koalas fighting over a lady koala - I hadn't heard koalas previous to that.

Michael2003
Approved Member

Re: Vulcan Forest, Black Springs NSW - Yowie?

Unread post by Michael2003 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:57 am

Yeah I was thinking that too