No-where to run?

Anything that you wish to discuss that is off topic, post here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Nature Lover

No-where to run?

Unread post by Wolf » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:22 pm

The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Black » Tue May 14, 2019 11:49 am

Just one of the latest conspiracy theories.

There were conspiracy theories prior to 4g communications, and even 3g communications.

For every one of these "experts" there are a thousand equally or more qualified experts, that deem the 5g technology to be quite safe.

Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: Mostly at home

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Simon M » Wed May 15, 2019 12:45 am

The extinction event will be our own lack of action on climate change, in my view. Humanity itself might not become extinct but life for us will be radically different within the next few decades if we lose up to a million different other species as has been forecast.

I suspect that people living traditionally in remote areas across the world will be more well equipped to endure the changes to come than most of us who live in towns and cities.

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Black » Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm

All gloom and doom....

Mad Academic
Silver Status
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:27 pm
Location: Worldwide

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Mad Academic » Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 am

Simon M wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:45 am
The extinction event will be our own lack of action on climate change, in my view. Humanity itself might not become extinct but life for us will be radically different within the next few decades if we lose up to a million different other species as has been forecast.

I suspect that people living traditionally in remote areas across the world will be more well equipped to endure the changes to come than most of us who live in towns and cities.
Yeah sure. The bloody climate has been changing ever since the earth was formed! What about all the climate changes that took place well before the Industrial Revolution...what's your explanation for those?
And 99% of all species that ever evolved are extinct. Trying to "hold" the climate in one "position" is a fool's errand.

Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: Mostly at home

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Simon M » Mon May 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Mad Academic wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 am
Simon M wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:45 am
The extinction event will be our own lack of action on climate change, in my view. Humanity itself might not become extinct but life for us will be radically different within the next few decades if we lose up to a million different other species as has been forecast.

I suspect that people living traditionally in remote areas across the world will be more well equipped to endure the changes to come than most of us who live in towns and cities.
Yeah sure. The bloody climate has been changing ever since the earth was formed! What about all the climate changes that took place well before the Industrial Revolution...what's your explanation for those?
And 99% of all species that ever evolved are extinct. Trying to "hold" the climate in one "position" is a fool's errand.
Your comment doesn't reflect what I said. Look at what I wrote and tell me where I made any of the assertions you've attacked me for having made. Mass extinctions will affect life on Earth. It's a simple fact. I never claimed mass extinctions haven't happened in the past. We all know they have. The climate has changed - gradually - in the past but it wasn't due to human activity, and that's because human beings haven't existed for most of the Earth's history.

I'm not going to argue with you - or anyone - on this forum about anything. Arguing about any topic online is pretty much the most pointless exercise I can imagine.

It's the scientific consensus at this point that carbon pollution has altered the Earth's atmosphere. You don't need to be a climate expert to see that human activity is causing changes - look at how many old growth forests we continue to rip down on a daily basis in pursuit of money. Are you claiming that the removal of those forests has zero effect on the species that live there, or on the environment as a whole? Notice I'm genuinely and respectfully asking you to explain what you mean, not just having a go at you.

We're having an effect on things. It's not an opinion.

Think what you like, but I won't attack you for your opinions. It's the attitude that disagreement equals the right to go on the attack that's ruining democracies across the world. Look at Trump. Look at 'ScoMo' - it's the triumph of the loudmouthed bully on a worldwide scale. I won't be a part of it, and I won't attack anyone even if they attack me.

Just ask yourself, Mad Academic, why it might be that the people who make massive profits from the fossil fuel industry might want to continue doing so, and in whose interests it might be to call scientifically factual viewpoints into question? I ask you this as a fellow Academic...I'd expected better of you, and this forum, but it's become pointless trying to discuss anything here if this is the standard of debate.

Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: Mostly at home

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Simon M » Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Black wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm
All gloom and doom....
Just someone expressing a considered opinion rather than shooting off an uninspired one liner.

But everyone's good at different things, aren't they? :lol:

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Black » Tue May 21, 2019 8:28 am

For someone who views arguing online a pointless exercise, Simon M, you sure enjoy arguing your pompous "considered opinion."

So, you think the commencement of 5g technology will be the start of an extinction event on Earth, caused by climate change? Mate, doom and gloom is a highly 'inspired' one liner in response to your unsupported tripe.

I don't know how you think 5g implementation will affect carbon emissions, but an increasing number of countries are declaring plans to hit net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. Of bigger concern to a doom and gloomer, should be whether earth can sustain humans at current population increase rates, by 2030.

Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: Mostly at home

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Simon M » Sun May 26, 2019 10:51 pm

Black wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:28 am
For someone who views arguing online a pointless exercise, Simon M, you sure enjoy arguing your pompous "considered opinion."

So, you think the commencement of 5g technology will be the start of an extinction event on Earth, caused by climate change? Mate, doom and gloom is a highly 'inspired' one liner in response to your unsupported tripe.

I don't know how you think 5g implementation will affect carbon emissions, but an increasing number of countries are declaring plans to hit net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. Of bigger concern to a doom and gloomer, should be whether earth can sustain humans at current population increase rates, by 2030.
Quote the post where I said any of that.

Black, you accusing anyone on this forum of being pompous is comedy gold. I love that you see your own posts as being inspired. That's cute.

I said we're having an effect. That's the scientific consensus. I mentioned that as well. I specifically mentioned deforestation and species loss in relation to climate science. There's a mass extinction event predicted by scientists in the near future. Animals are already becoming extinct, etc. But sure...have a go at me for stuff I didn't say if it gives you a hard on, champ. :lol:

Read what I wrote and attack me based on that if you desperately need to - and we can all see how much you love attacking people who disagree with you since you do it in every other post - that's fair enough. Your standards are slipping, though. You're the second least impressive troll on this board after that sensesonfire bloke...and that's saying something because his whole routine is extremely pedestrian. I'd expected a better standard of insult from you, Black. It's disappointing to see you sink to this level.

You guys have fun - if expressing an opinion is pomposity then we're all guilty of it. No one here has any actual facts or empirical data, do they? :)

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Black » Wed May 29, 2019 9:21 am

Simon M, this isn't some conspiratard site where you can post any piece of s#@t you like and it will go unchallenged. If you wish to visit such a site, you can ask wolf for directions.

If not, and you wish to argue the merit of a doom and gloom conspiracy theory, then support it with some evidence and for God sake, attack the idea and not the man. Evidence and attacking ideas only is what keeps it civil and raises the level of a debate.

My position is clear, the 5g video is part of a conspiracy theory.

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: No-where to run?

Unread post by Black » Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 am

The 5g conspiracy theories originate in Russia. Russia is behind the 8 ball when it comes to 5g technology, so it is trying to slow down it's implementation in the rest of the world using scare tactics.

The scare tactics label the technology as 5g apocalypse and warn that the higher frequencies will be dangerous to living organisms, linking it to brain cancer, infertility, autism, heart tumors, Alzheimer's disease.

According to analysts, whichever country dominates the new technology, will have a competitive edge.

Scientists say the opposite to the conspiracies. Scientists say the 5g frequencies will be safer than previous communications generations because they can't penetrate the skin as easily as low frequency radio waves. Furthermore, they are being used in the medical industry.

Additionally, the doom and gloom conspiracies fail to mention we are all surrounded by radiation all the time. It's in our own bodies, in the ground, in the food - we can't escape it already.

Post Reply