Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

This is a Soap Box section of our Forum where those who hold passionate views/opinions regarding various aspects of Theology, Creation, Religion, Paranormal etc - pertaining to the Yowie can be POLITELY debated, away from our mainstream friendly Yowie / Bigfoot Discussion Board.

Be kind to each other. Our standard rules of etiquette and behaviour apply in all areas of our Forum.
Lozza62
Silver Status
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 pm
Position: Believer
Gender: Female
Location: Mid north coast

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Lozza62 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:14 am

According to aboriginal lore Yowie were on the continent prior to 40/50 thousand years ago.Footprints have been found embedded in rock so I wonder how long they have been here.Whatever they are they definitely were established long before homo sapiens.To confuse to the puzzle of them more some footprints have been estimated to be millions of years old ...if that's true they were evolved bipedalism when we were still swinging from trees.

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Simon M » Mon May 01, 2017 11:03 am

Lozza62 wrote:According to aboriginal lore Yowie were on the continent prior to 40/50 thousand years ago.Footprints have been found embedded in rock so I wonder how long they have been here.Whatever they are they definitely were established long before homo sapiens.To confuse to the puzzle of them more some footprints have been estimated to be millions of years old ...if that's true they were evolved bipedalism when we were still swinging from trees.
Convergent evolution is still a possibility - more than one hominid was walking around on two legs that isn't thought to be one of our direct ancestors. Traits that are advantageous can occur more than once in more than one genetic lineage. Bipedal walking could have existed for a long time before our ancestors adopted it.

The fossil record is, and always will be, an incomplete picture. The conditions for fossilisation are specific and it's impossible to know what hasn't been recorded. It's also the case that many fossils have never been found due to things like mining, road building, etc which have destroyed them without anyone even noticing. Many more won't be found simply because nobody's looking in the right place.

I agree with you on one broad point - we don't know as much as we think we do, and natural history isn't some cut-and-dried set of theories that neatly explains everything. Some things are not explainable because we don't have the right context for them and when they don't fit some people's favourite theories, they ignore them (witness the general public's ignorance/indifference regarding the Yowie) or, even worse, denigrate or discredit any idea which is outside their 'neat and tidy' view of things.

I'm still not 100% convinced the Yowie is even necessarily a primate - it may be for all I know, but I wouldn't rule anything out. They've been here a long, long time...they may be from a group of creatures which predates humanity quite literally by ages.

User avatar
Speck
New Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm
Position: Nature Lover
Gender: Female
Location: Central US

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Speck » Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Yowie-Wow! Never considered there could have been two-working in tandem-who knows? You have now made me go look for the Morehead Sierra Sound clip-if I may post an address? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blC6b5Mf408 I think through 0:10-0:24 are the sounds that I find extremely similar to the 'two dog fighting' sounds I heard. When I first heard them, the Sierra Sounds, I was a bit upset. To my ear it does sound like dog fight sounds. Imagine hearing such sounds late at night and in the darkness.

So, once I returned to this state to care for my Mom (Dad had just passed away), Finding Bigfoot was a new show on TV. (Curb the eye rolling.) Since I had been an avid camper I thought it was very amusing watching four people walking around in darkness trying to make contact with Bigfoot. Just entertainment BUT I thought, 'Okay, I'll check out Moneymaker's site." I felt a bit foolish for doing so. I started with the reports that occurred in my current state and, I admit, they made me laugh. "Riiiight." I then checked the reports that had occurred in the city/county where I lived when I had the incidents. Very quickly it wasn't so funny anymore. A woman, living alone, had reported having her trailer shaken/slapped and she heard what sounded like A CAT AND A DOG fighting. That detail was too similar to having the 'two dogs fighting' sounds.

After that, I read/watched extensively, Sasquatch/Yowies seem to have the same behaviors. What happened at my house seemed to be the classic 'I stepped outside to have a smoke' scenario. After reading/watching reports that matched my inexplicable events, it seemed to be right in line with a late night non-human visitor.

When there was no moon at my place it was pitch black-no street lights, dusk/dawn lights. Anything could have been standing 8-10 in front of me, outside the radius of my porch light, and I wouldn't have seen it.

Guess it was good fun for the furry one, another unsuspecting human to play with. These small events happened over a period of 10 months and seemed to stop when my neighbors moved in with their dog. If I had known then what I know now, I would have moved quickly-I was alone out there. Not the place to try to communicate with/research what has been considered a joke/myth in my country.

I forgot to add that I had a large limb that was broken right behind my house-there had been no severe weather. When I saw it dangling, probably an 8 foot limb, I was very sad-I don't like to see tree damage. I didn't have a saw or a ladder so I hugged it tightly and swung on it and twisted it until it came down-took a lot of effort and I'm sure I looked goofy. I didn't see any rot, seemed to be a healthy limb. Quite possibly another detail to add.

I should admit that I joined this forum because 1) people are polite and 2) I really would like to know if anyone else has experienced this type of weirdness themselves. I've tried to be detailed about what I heard/saw and felt.

BUT

There is a bit more with the weirdness, and that is why I started the thread about having things happen at home after an encounter. Three things happened at this home in the first summer after I moved back.

It is why I would really like to know if anyone has had anything strange going on at home.

Inexplicable and strange has never been a part of my life until THAT stuff happened. I really don't like it. ; )

Yes, Yowie. It is interesting to know that these beings exist-very good information to have. Maybe because it occurred at my home, I am more uncomfortable with it. They do what they wanna do! HA!

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Simon M » Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

I think most people become aware of this stuff due to personal experience. I suppose I'm an outlier in that I have no story to tell, and no experience to relate. I just grew up watching stuff like In Search Of on the TV and the Bigfoot stuff seemed like it had a lot of evidence behind it. I read a few books, watched some stuff on TV, and it seemed possible.

There's stuff that 'sounds legit' to me and stuff that doesn't. I have my doubts about the Loch Ness thing for example, and I have no real opinion on most of the paranormal stuff; except to make the observation that we don't know as much as we assume we do. There's a lot of stuff in the world we haven't got a clue about. People see things they can't explain, but that doesn't mean it has to supernatural. There aren't things beyond nature in my opinion, just parts of nature we don't understand yet.

The fact that there are other intelligent creatures similar to us out in the wilderness seems reasonable to me. There's plenty of eyewitness accounts, some physical evidence, and doubtless a few attention-seeking liars in the mix. I think the weight of evidence over a lengthy span of time is what's convinced me, though.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon May 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Wolf wrote: I propose that gigantopithecus died out Millenia ago as science believes. And that Homo Nocturnus, as I like to call them, instead evolved from a common ancestor with us. Why would not homo have expressed itself with many diverging branches of evolution, it is after all an extremely successful genus even if homo sapiens IS the sole surviving thread?

Such a successful genus would have gone down many different evolutionary paths.
The Orignes recognised an ancestor/relative when they saw one and were not inhibited by the 'air of superiority' tainting 'modern' humans from Europe.



Good line of thought Wolf although I'm not so sure they did die out completely. I think they may have evolved throughout millennia but with added supernatural abilities much like I believe that Dogman may have devolved from the Cynocephali. We seem to associate Bigfoot/Yowie phenomena as a more recent event, well, three or four hundred years perhaps but no one can be sure exactly how long they have been around. My theory on why we have never found a body is I suspect that these creatures may be immortal or at least live to an incredible age. The paranormal aspect to these cryptids is just too extensive to ignore.

The best comment I have ever read was posted by Ruby Lang; Post Subject: The Yowie Unread Post Posted Thur, January 13th, 2005. Seek it out it is fantastic. A small piece of the comment stated that her friend Sue O'Connor established a telepathic link to a female Yowie that was a regular visitor. The creature conveyed to her it resided in the "black dimension" and disapproved of the word Yowie saying it was of the Bunyip race and she was immensely old - virtually immortal.

My assumptions as to how these creatures acquired this intelligence is very much based on my beliefs as to how they originated.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Speck wrote: " I then checked the reports that had occurred in the city/county where I lived when I had the incidents. Very quickly it wasn't so funny anymore. A woman, living alone, had reported having her trailer shaken/slapped and she heard what sounded like A CAT AND A DOG fighting. That detail was too similar to having the 'two dogs fighting' sounds.


Hi Speck,
Love your comments. Interesting that you have continued to hear those dogfighting sounds, I'm still of the opinion of a possible Dogman, they too have been reported as slapping and shaking caravans/campers as well as running their claws down the side and attempting to open doors without actually entering.
Must be a hell of a frightening experience.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
Speck
New Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm
Position: Nature Lover
Gender: Female
Location: Central US

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Speck » Mon May 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh, dear. I'm still online here, was reading the old threads. I mentioned that we are in Spring and we've just had a week of heavy rains, enough that there is major flooding. I'm stuck indoors until it dries up-vegetables are in pots, garden will wait for tilling.

Senses-I will say it was interesting to learn about Dogmen (after I went online in Dec. 2012-started looking into this in 2013.) Holy Hill is in Wisconsin and was not too far from where I lived, my partner and I visited that area a few times. A few reports of Dogmen were from that area, a well known report was of a State worker clearing animal carcasses from the road-deer, I think-and he saw something pull the deer carcass from his truck. This happened at night-the man seemed terrified. I suppose that is the report that really stands out to me because I lived not too far away and, of course, the Beast of Bray Road is located in that same state. While I lived there I never heard anyone mention it, but I had been living in the city until I moved to the farm because of the drug crime. I only heard the dog noises repeatedly on the one night. Not once did I ever hear coyotes at the cottage-I hear them all the time here and always have. I went to Vic Cundiff's site and he was just beginning his Dogman videos-his audience is huge now! Another somewhat known 'gatherer of reports' Coonbo, said two of his female employees came upon a Dogman while driving to work. I believe that report may come from the southern part of my state or the state below. We have a mountain range called the Ozark mountains, many Bigfoot and a few dogman stories from those areas. And, yes, Dogman made me think immediately of Anubis. I've only seen real wolves thankfully!

Simon-HA! My older sister loved 'In Search Of', I don't recall watching the shows too much-I think I was always doing other things. I do recall learning of Bigfoot around 1975/6? I was about 9 years old. Perhaps that was due to the show. I found it slightly interesting, I was more interested in ancient Egypt and the Titanic mystery (solved.) When I first went online and thought it would be amusing to look into the Bigfoot 'stuff' I had absolutely NO idea that Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yowie had been being seriously researched for decades AND the internet had researchers and a massive amount of reports. NO idea! I truly didn't think about Bigfoot since the mid 70's and I certainly didn't know people were TRULY having encounters. It still shocks me a bit. This is REAL? Indeed it is. (Although many will not believe it until something happens to them.) I never followed paranormal events, I never HAD paranormal experiences but maybe something afterwards? The events at the cottage were either frightening or completely baffling-I went on and on about the motion sensor for the light being removed from it's base. I'm very much like my Dad, I fix things-reasonable,logical. That was some weird stuff up north.

I've had three distinctively odd things happen since I returned to this state.
1) I had the very same sound that awoke me while I was living in the cottage occur in this house. The loud sound above my bedroom, coming from the attic (roof?) Sounds like a circa 1970 TV console or air conditioner tumbling down 3/4 stairs? A very loud, heavy sounding noise right above my bedroom-it happened at the cottage, too. Woke me and my cat.
2) I had been using a metal dog water/food bowl as a water bowl for the birds. I always kept it full and on the BBQ grill. One day, I went to fill the bowl and it was gone. Pretty easy, could have fallen off the grill shelf. It's a large, silver metal dog bowl. It was not on the ground by the grill. Quite sure I scoped out a 20 foot radius of the grill. Nowhere to be seen. I even looked further away from the grill- behind sheds, by the cars thinking the raccoons might have dragged it away. NO. I checked the area 3 different times that day-it was driving me crazy. Really, the grill is out in the open, no obstructions around, no grass. I gave up trying to find it. The next day I go outside and am feeding the birds and the dog bowl is on the ground, two feet from the grill. There is NO WAY I could have NOT seen the bowl when I was looking for it the day before.
3) I was standing on a chair inside my kitchen hanging a holiday banner. I'm 5'6", the chair is 24" tall. I'm reaching above my head trying to use a tack to anchor one end of the banner toward the ceiling. I distinctly felt a section of my hair on my back/neck/shoulder being lifted. Just like when you're a kid and boys flick up your hair.
4) One more, I almost forgot about it. I was working on the computer late at night, the window was open (3 feet from where I am sitting.) I'm vaguely aware that it sounds like several dogs running toward/alongside the house. That wouldn't be unusual, I do live in the country. You know, when you hear dogs running toward you, you can hear panting/breathing, foot steps. When 'they' came just under my window I actually heard, "Ruff. Ruff. Ruff." Yes, the way a human tries to imitate a dog-Ruff, and it sounded male and low. It passed on by. It took a second for my brain to realize I just heard something strange outside my window. (NO, there are no kids in the area-only older adults and we have acres between neighbors.)

NOW everyone can laugh, roll your eyes or think I'm nutty. I am honestly saying I have never had anything strange ever happen to me in my life until the weird stuff at the cottage and then a few remarkably strange things here.

Am seriously curious if anyone else has had odd things happen after an encounter with Sasquatch/Yowies?

I am also adding that IF I have another strange 'Owl' occurrence this May/June, I will be sure to add that. If not, I will know last year's weird owlfest in my front yard was actually owls.

Yes, I am seriously writing this all out, at the risk of being thought of as silly, just in case other people have had similar odd events. (By the way, I don't drink, no drugs, no family history concerning 'visions'.)

Thoughts?

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Simon M » Mon May 01, 2017 5:39 pm

I don't think any of that is silly. There are lots of things we have no explanation for - doesn't mean the observer(s) is wrong or imagining it. It means we don't know what we're dealing with, that's all.

That all sounds like a description of poltergeist activity (especially the hair flick), which nobody can satisfactorily explain (as far as I know). The bowl could be kids playing a prank, but why would anyone even do such a thing?

Like with the Yowie, we run up against things which we have no real context for, and which people often shy away from discussing. Discussing it, and ideas about it, is the only way people can be reassured they're not crazy and to try and discover the precise details of what they're dealing with.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1847
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon May 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Speck wrote:Yowie-Wow! Never considered there could have been two-working in tandem-who knows? You have now made me go look for the Morehead Sierra Sound clip-if I may post an address? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blC6b5Mf408 I think through 0:10-0:24 are the sounds that I find extremely similar to the 'two dog fighting' sounds I heard. When I first heard them, the Sierra Sounds, I was a bit upset. To my ear it does sound like dog fight sounds. Imagine hearing such sounds late at night and in the darkness.

So, once I returned to this state to care for my Mom (Dad had just passed away), Finding Bigfoot was a new show on TV. (Curb the eye rolling.) Since I had been an avid camper I thought it was very amusing watching four people walking around in darkness trying to make contact with Bigfoot. Just entertainment BUT I thought, 'Okay, I'll check out Moneymaker's site." I felt a bit foolish for doing so. I started with the reports that occurred in my current state and, I admit, they made me laugh. "Riiiight." I then checked the reports that had occurred in the city/county where I lived when I had the incidents. Very quickly it wasn't so funny anymore. A woman, living alone, had reported having her trailer shaken/slapped and she heard what sounded like A CAT AND A DOG fighting. That detail was too similar to having the 'two dogs fighting' sounds.

After that, I read/watched extensively, Sasquatch/Yowies seem to have the same behaviors. What happened at my house seemed to be the classic 'I stepped outside to have a smoke' scenario. After reading/watching reports that matched my inexplicable events, it seemed to be right in line with a late night non-human visitor.

When there was no moon at my place it was pitch black-no street lights, dusk/dawn lights. Anything could have been standing 8-10 in front of me, outside the radius of my porch light, and I wouldn't have seen it.

Guess it was good fun for the furry one, another unsuspecting human to play with. These small events happened over a period of 10 months and seemed to stop when my neighbors moved in with their dog. If I had known then what I know now, I would have moved quickly-I was alone out there. Not the place to try to communicate with/research what has been considered a joke/myth in my country.

I forgot to add that I had a large limb that was broken right behind my house-there had been no severe weather. When I saw it dangling, probably an 8 foot limb, I was very sad-I don't like to see tree damage. I didn't have a saw or a ladder so I hugged it tightly and swung on it and twisted it until it came down-took a lot of effort and I'm sure I looked goofy. I didn't see any rot, seemed to be a healthy limb. Quite possibly another detail to add.

I should admit that I joined this forum because 1) people are polite and 2) I really would like to know if anyone else has experienced this type of weirdness themselves. I've tried to be detailed about what I heard/saw and felt.

BUT

There is a bit more with the weirdness, and that is why I started the thread about having things happen at home after an encounter. Three things happened at this home in the first summer after I moved back.

It is why I would really like to know if anyone has had anything strange going on at home.

Inexplicable and strange has never been a part of my life until THAT stuff happened. I really don't like it. ; )

Yes, Yowie. It is interesting to know that these beings exist-very good information to have. Maybe because it occurred at my home, I am more uncomfortable with it. They do what they wanna do! HA!
Hi Speck. I was thinking more that it was one individual making all the dogfight noises as i know that one subject can make a lot of strange vocalisations by itself. Two is possible as well and would make more sense i suppose.

Thats interesting you heard a similar vocal on the sierra sounds. Those vocals really give me the creeps!! Sure is a lot of info available these days. I was stunned to read and hear some accounts on the Internet similar to my own. Really put my hair on end and got me interested in the yowie instead of ignoring it all like i had been.

My mate and i went over and over our experience, trying to work it out. I was lucky i wasnt alone. If i was alone, i wonder if i had told anyone at all?

What type of noises are you reffering to at home? Do you mean living in the area where you had an encounter or far away and still hearing stuff?

I know i had some strange experiences after the encounter and far away from the location. I would hear a buildup of sound, where background noise would build up into an almost unbearable cacophony of sound. The only explanation of this was " growing pains" which was a lame explanation imo but i was very young and havent experienced the noise in years.

Yeah its a handy thing to know that theres something out of the normal happening especially if you live in or know someone in an area of interest. It really is an amazing world we live in.
Yowie Bait

Lozza62
Silver Status
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 pm
Position: Believer
Gender: Female
Location: Mid north coast

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Lozza62 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:08 am

Hi Speck.,...The dog sounds are a common thing.There are many reports of people hearing dogs before a sighting.There are a few reports on this forum where people have seen a Yowie and and it's gone into the bush and then they heard animals fighting.......seems like a common theme.Friends of mine were camping and the four people present all heard barking but they all thought it wasn't dogs it sounded slightly different.Apparently they are great imitators......Most people on this forum have had strange occurrences and are open minded so feel free to write about your experiences.

Lozza62
Silver Status
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 pm
Position: Believer
Gender: Female
Location: Mid north coast

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Lozza62 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:24 am

Just looked at a few sites on neanderthal and Denisovans and a third unknown hominid that showed up when DNA analysis was done on Papua New Guinea and northern Australian aborigines so there was another hominid to add to the mix.IMO if Yowie are a type of hominid then we certainly don't have the full picture.Maybe the third hominid is our yowie.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Tue May 02, 2017 11:05 am

Speck wrote: Senses-I will say it was interesting to learn about Dogmen (after I went online in Dec. 2012-started looking into this in 2013.) Holy Hill is in Wisconsin and was not too far from where I lived, my partner and I visited that area a few times. A few reports of Dogmen were from that area, a well known report was of a State worker clearing animal carcasses from the road-deer, I think-and he saw something pull the deer carcass from his truck. This happened at night-the man seemed terrified. I suppose that is the report that really stands out to me because I lived not too far away and, of course, the Beast of Bray Road is located in that same state. While I lived there I never heard anyone mention it, but I had been living in the city until I moved to the farm because of the drug crime. I only heard the dog noises repeatedly on the one night. Not once did I ever hear coyotes at the cottage-I hear them all the time here and always have. I went to Vic Cundiff's site and he was just beginning his Dogman videos-his audience is huge now! Another somewhat known 'gatherer of reports' Coonbo, said two of his female employees came upon a Dogman while driving to work. I believe that report may come from the southern part of my state or the state below. We have a mountain range called the Ozark mountains, many Bigfoot and a few dogman stories from those areas. And, yes, Dogman made me think immediately of Anubis. I've only seen real wolves thankfully!


Hi Speck, I saw both of those reports about the state worker and the Beast of Bray Road on the TV show 'Monsters and Mysteries in America'. This show is one of its genre that has factual credibility unlike most others, particularly 'Mountain Monsters.'
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
Speck
New Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm
Position: Nature Lover
Gender: Female
Location: Central US

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Speck » Thu May 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Simon-you have a good outlook on the weird. I've never had any inexplicable events before 2009-in my early 40's. I'm posting in case anyone else has experienced similar. I should reiterate we have no children around here-adults-middle age/senior. I am surrounded by many chunks of forest and acres of farmland-not sparsely populated though. Close to rivers, too. Never have seen any ghosts or UFOs/aliens (thank goodness!) I hesitated about posting the little weird things but since I joined this forum I thought it best to put it all out there. The odd things stand out in my memory very clearly and that in itself is strange to me. I am actually glad I joined the forum, at least I now can receive input from people who have researched the many paths that are connected to Sasquatch/Yowies.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Tue May 09, 2017 11:30 am

Here's a video with science providing evidence with Bigfoot samples. A great example where science and the paranormal can be complementary.
Listen in at 35:42 secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzqT9dLO0e8&t=859s
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
TrevorPeters
Silver Status
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:06 am
Position: Believer
Location: Ipswich. Qld

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by TrevorPeters » Tue May 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Ketchum's research is much disputed and criticised.
Still waiting for the follow-up from other research labs that were supposedly testing samples.
That was a couple of years ago - nothing yet.

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Simon M » Wed May 10, 2017 12:00 am

I feel that the hoaxers (which Ketchum clearly is) make it difficult for anyone who wants to ask sincere questions.

If we don't know what we're looking for, it's extremely difficult to find - this is the central issue. If you have a phenomenon like the Yowie, poltergeists, or whatever else there is, you have to have a way of observing and recording information or you can't learn about it.

Once you begin to observe and record things that defy easy explanation, or fall outside the accepted theoretical norms, you're on thin ice.

People whose jobs rely on their reputation won't go near anything that will make them look ridiculous and that's understandable. It's worth remembering that most scientific innovators were laughed at when they first said things that went against the grain - everyone from Charles Darwin, Marie Curie and Albert Einstein to Orville and Wilbur Wright were initially mocked and insulted by those who presumed they knew better.

There's no way of learning new stuff which doesn't involve getting your ego bruised, sadly. I think this forum is about being able to discuss these topics without being mocked, which is what makes it so valuable.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1847
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 am

I dunno Simon. I doubt the high strangness or woo as they say will ever be discussed properly. I notice some u.s researchers are talking about " forest people" and other entitys now...
Yowie Bait

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Thu May 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Simon M wrote:I feel that the hoaxers (which Ketchum clearly is) make it difficult for anyone who wants to ask sincere questions.

If we don't know what we're looking for, it's extremely difficult to find - this is the central issue. If you have a phenomenon like the Yowie, poltergeists, or whatever else there is, you have to have a way of observing and recording information or you can't learn about it.

Once you begin to observe and record things that defy easy explanation, or fall outside the accepted theoretical norms, you're on thin ice.

People whose jobs rely on their reputation won't go near anything that will make them look ridiculous and that's understandable. It's worth remembering that most scientific innovators were laughed at when they first said things that went against the grain - everyone from Charles Darwin, Marie Curie and Albert Einstein to Orville and Wilbur Wright were initially mocked and insulted by those who presumed they knew better.

There's no way of learning new stuff which doesn't involve getting your ego bruised, sadly. I think this forum is about being able to discuss these topics without being mocked, which is what makes it so valuable.


I agree on face value Dr. Melba Ketchum does seem somewhat questionable, she certainly has plenty of detractors but she also has some good supporters including David Paulides.

I hate using the TV show Finding Bigfoot as a reference point but I have seen episodes where people have handed the BFRO team hair samples of what they believe to be possible Bigfoot, usually collected from a site they witnessed a Bigfoot jump or stepped over a fence. The team had the samples tested by highly credentialed human DNA/forensics laboratories and they all came back as inconclusive. Possible samples of bovine, horse, bear hair were all dismissed. So exactly what does inconclusive actually mean? They had plenty of samples of the unusual looking hair so how much more evidence do they need? So in Dr Ketchum's defence competitive, scientific professional envy is certainly not out of the realms of possibility here.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Simon M » Tue May 16, 2017 4:05 pm

"Inconclusive" in this instance means the same thing as the medical term "idiopathic" - it means they don't know what it is and therefore they cannot explain or classify it.

An inconclusive result doesn't mean it's not a Yowie/Bigfoot. It usually means they don't know which animal the hair came from and aren't going to stick their necks out and say so for fear of getting their heads chopped off.

Ketchum's "findings" - in my opinion - are pure fiction. There's too much smoke for there not to be a fire. I don't trust her methodology and therefore I can't accept her conclusions.

It's also possible that the DNA in Yowie hair is so close to that found in human hair that any suggestion of 'contamination' from humans is actually a misunderstanding of the facts regarding what the scientists are seeing. If we're genetically similar to chimpanzees to the massive degree that we are, we might be even closer to Yowies.

Lozza62
Silver Status
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 pm
Position: Believer
Gender: Female
Location: Mid north coast

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Lozza62 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 am

IMO any geneticist,scientist or any other professional that tries to put forward evidence of yowie will have strong opposition.The detractors have come out in force and after the treatment Dr Ketchum received nobody would back up her claims and risk losing valuable funding that University and laboratories receive from government is enough deterrent.IMO she was railroaded just like many professionals that examine fringe subjects.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Lozza62 wrote:IMO any geneticist,scientist or any other professional that tries to put forward evidence of yowie will have strong opposition.The detractors have come out in force and after the treatment Dr Ketchum received nobody would back up her claims and risk losing valuable funding that University and laboratories receive from government is enough deterrent.IMO she was railroaded just like many professionals that examine fringe subjects.

I think you've nailed it Lozza.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed May 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Seconding that :(

Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Simon M » Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 pm

It's true that scientists will close ranks for fear of their entire profession (and livelihood) looking ridiculous. Anyone who doesn't toe the line will be mocked and derided, but I still don't find Ketchum's findings compelling. Too much seems dodgy to me.

Having said that, I do agree that the scientific community will always err on the side of funding. :D

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:13 pm

I read this comment from Simon M on Bigfoot Discussion Board on What sort of 'Bigfooter' are you?

I think they're flesh and blood creatures that have nothing to do with either UFO's or Christian religious text.


I've never given a full reason as to why Bigfoot and other cryptids may be flesh but possibly not blood so here goes.
You all know that I believe these creatures are a result of Fallen Angel hybrid miscegenation so going on that there is a possibility that Bigfoot, Dogman (Cynocephali) Yowies are flesh but not blood. God created the Angels as non-sanguineous beings that is bloodless. On the other side of the equation, their miscegenated hosts were flesh and blood so there is a 50% chance that these cryptids may be bloodless.


On the other hand these Nephilim not only bred with animals but also human females one of the reasons why Dr Melba Ketchum (whether you believe her or not) was able to detect the mitochondrial DNA of Bigfoot samples presuming that's what they were but not the Y-DNA (Nephilim DNA being supernatural would be undetectable) indicating that there may be a human connection. How human female DNA could be involved in Bigfoot I have no idea, maybe Bigfoot are descendent of Cain, the hybrid son of the Serpent and Eve.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
Speck
New Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm
Position: Nature Lover
Gender: Female
Location: Central US

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by Speck » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Senses-there are a few US reports where people claim they shot at Sasquatch and there was a blood trail. I hate to say it, but of all the reports I read I am more skeptical of the shooting stories. I don't doubt people do shoot at them (with all the guns in this country) but I have a difficult time believing a Sasquatch couldn't evade the situation fast enough to miss a bullet.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Speck wrote:Senses-there are a few US reports where people claim they shot at Sasquatch and there was a blood trail. I hate to say it, but of all the reports I read I am more skeptical of the shooting stories. I don't doubt people do shoot at them (with all the guns in this country) but I have a difficult time believing a Sasquatch couldn't evade the situation fast enough to miss a bullet.

Never thought of it like that Speck but I'm with you, Sasquatch, Yowie have incredible speed, Yowies have been reported on this forum as moving from point A to B at almost the speed of light so more than likely able to dodge a bullet no problem.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 pm

I know it has been a long journey for me and my opinions have evolved a little along the way. But I now believe I have an explanation that I am satisfied with.



I believe Bigfoot is a direct descendant of the Fallen Angels and as the Dead Sea Scrolls tell us that these Angels not only procreated with human females hence the Nephilim but also animals, creating monstrous beings. These Fallen Angels were bound in chains in the abyss for abominations and defiance of God's orders and that is where they are today awaiting judgement although they still exert great influence.
I believe that Bigfoot/Yowies and others are a direct product of the Fallen Angels and a simian union quite possibly Gigantopithicus and other simian breeds, the reason I believe that they are surviving today in the form of Bigfoot, Yowies.

I have always stated that these hybrid creations were the direct result of the Nephilim but I now believe it was direct miscegenation of the Fallen Angels so this poses another question how has the female mitochondrial DNA supposedly been detected in Sasquatch samples scats, hair etc
if no human female was originally involved.

The only answer to this I can see is that Bigfoot have been recorded by the Native Americans as being responsible for the abduction of women and children in the past and actually breeding with them possibly the same for the Yowie.


But even after the Great Flood we know not all strangeness on ancient earth was wiped out.
And how does Bigfoot continue to elude capture it just seems preposterous that of all the sightings and all of the searches yet this creature continues to evade us.
Ancient claims of killing Bigfoot or even present day stories never result in an autopsy on a real specimen.
I believe they can transfigure from spirit form to solid form as to the reason Native Americans, First Nations People and Australian Aborigines believe they are part mystical spirit whether the solid form equates to flesh and blood as in human biology is questionable, I personally believe definitely some form of solid structure but no blood.
I'll expand on the reason these creatures are bloodless.
When Jesus himself was re-incarnate in his earthly body he was flesh and blood.


At that last Passover meal, Jesus Christ told His disciples to eat bread and drink wine as symbols of His body and blood.

“…When He had given thanks, He broke [the bread] and said, ‘Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.’ In the same manner, He also took the cup [of wine] after supper, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me’?” (1 Corinthians 11:24-25).

The New Testament Passover is one of the most widely celebrated observances of the Christian faith.

This was a very serious command of Jesus and this is why I very much doubt that Bigfoot is flesh and blood as we know it particularly the blood as this was something the Fallen Angels did not consist of and certainly not their accursed creations.

Not to mention many encounters of Bigfoot are accompanied by what is described as a horrible odour - which some have described as "sulphur and brimstone", not just as dead flesh. This very much reminds me of the Biblical lake of burning fire and brimstone, brimstone being the old name for sulphur. In my mind, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that these abominable cryptid creations do indeed traverse the underground networks of caves as it has been suggested that Bigfoot do actually dwell in underground caves or at least travel to and from. I will go even further and say they may even travel to the abode of the fallen angels themselves.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

gregvalentine
Silver Status
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: Sydney

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by gregvalentine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 pm

sensesonfire wrote:I know it has been a long journey for me and my opinions have evolved a little along the way. But I now believe I have an explanation that I am satisfied with.
And I think it's reasonable to state that if you had been exposed to another religion other than Christianity your conclusions would have been based on that one instead.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by sensesonfire » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:56 pm

gregvalentine wrote:
sensesonfire wrote:I know it has been a long journey for me and my opinions have evolved a little along the way. But I now believe I have an explanation that I am satisfied with.
And I think it's reasonable to state that if you had been exposed to another religion other than Christianity your conclusions would have been based on that one instead.

There is only one true religion and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

gregvalentine
Silver Status
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: Sydney

Re: Evidence Pertaining to The Origins of Bigfoot/Yowie/Yeti

Unread post by gregvalentine » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:13 pm

sensesonfire wrote:There is only one true religion and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.
That's what the ISIS loonies say also.

Post Reply