New member seeking "top 5" lists

This is a Soap Box section of our Forum where those who hold passionate views/opinions regarding various aspects of Theology, Creation, Religion, Paranormal etc - pertaining to the Yowie can be POLITELY debated, away from our mainstream friendly Yowie / Bigfoot Discussion Board.

Be kind to each other. Our standard rules of etiquette and behaviour apply in all areas of our Forum.
inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:29 am

Greetings :)

Having now spent a couple of weeks watching BF 'evidence' vids, I'm quite curious to know which vids the more experienced eyes regard as legitimate. Both actual vids, and in terms of your own personal criteria for authenticity. I've only seen one, so far, which strikes me as potentially authentic. And I used the most clinical and 'scientific' criteria I could muster (given my general ignorance of all things BF) to reach that conclusion. And no, it's not the PGF.

Anyway, hoping for some insight and education!

Thanks in advance
itd

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:32 am

Apologies, I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. Should be under 'general discussion'. Not sure how to move it - perhaps mods could assist?

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 am

Wow .. okay. No takers.

:?

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi inthedark. I like the jumping russian yeti and the Myakka skunk ape pics. Theyre all inconclusive so not much point suggesting anything really. Maybe have a look at thinker thunker or bigfoot tony. Theyre not definite by any means but do well to try and break the stuff down. Bob Gymlan is worth a look as well. His Myakka skunk ape breakdown is quite convincing. Hope thats a help! (thumb)
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Shazzoir » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Sorry, ITD, I don't really use YouTube for viewing Yowie vids at all, so I don't have anything of worth to add. I seriously could not be bothered, and genuinely only view vids linked from these forums - I guess it's my lazy way of letting other more dedicated cryptozoology fans to weed out the rubbish, haha.

There is one video I do like though, and that is the one of the Russian kids spotting something and both parties running in the opposite direction post-haste.

Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1800
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Dion » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:49 am

I am a bit like Shazz on this I dont really view BF vids on youtube as there really hasnt ever been anything worth watching.
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:12 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi inthedark. I like the jumping russian yeti and the Myakka skunk ape pics. Theyre all inconclusive so not much point suggesting anything really. Maybe have a look at thinker thunker or bigfoot tony. Theyre not definite by any means but do well to try and break the stuff down. Bob Gymlan is worth a look as well. His Myakka skunk ape breakdown is quite convincing. Hope thats a help! (thumb)
Hi there, YB :)

Thanks for your response. I did see the Jumping Yeti, and liked it for what it is, but didn't get any sense at all that the two humans were genuine. On the strength of that, I had to dismiss it. Haven't seen "Myakka Skunk Ape". Will check it out. Have watched both TT and BFT, with a preference for BFT because he's not actually located in the Home of BF Hoaxery, America 8)

Cheers, and thanks again!

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:29 am

Shazzoir wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:25 pm
Sorry, ITD, I don't really use YouTube for viewing Yowie vids at all, so I don't have anything of worth to add. I seriously could not be bothered, and genuinely only view vids linked from these forums - I guess it's my lazy way of letting other more dedicated cryptozoology fans to weed out the rubbish, haha.

There is one video I do like though, and that is the one of the Russian kids spotting something and both parties running in the opposite direction post-haste.

Shazz
Hi Shazz :)

I'm finding it easy and convenient to wade through YT vids, being new to this whole thing, as I really wouldn't know where else to find footage and pics etc. And I'm quite enjoying it! The ingenuity shown by some fakers is very impressive, and there's the comedy aspect of the badly done stuff.

Not sure I agree that 'dedicated cryptozoologists' are the best eyes with which to determine authenticity, though. They are highly susceptible to wish-thinking, and resistant to Occam's Razor. In contrast, I've been showing a short list of vids to completely ignorant (of all things BF, as I was a few weeks ago) skeptic types, and asking them what their instincts tell them. The results are pretty darned consistent, I have to say. Based on their generally good understanding of human nature, and of technology, with zero influence from me, they all identified the same vids as fakes. To me, this is more useful information because it eliminates the potential for confirmation bias.

Meantime, do you happen to recall the name of the Russian Kids vid? Would love to see that.

Cheers, and thanks again for your reply!

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:31 am

Dion wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:49 am
I am a bit like Shazz on this I dont really view BF vids on youtube as there really hasnt ever been anything worth watching.
Thanks, Dion.

Did you mean that you've never seen a vid which has you convinced of its authenticity?

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1800
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Dion » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:27 pm

inthedark wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:31 am
Thanks, Dion.

Did you mean that you've never seen a vid which has you convinced of its authenticity?
Yep pretty much, you will be hard pressed to find anything you might consider genuine. I have seen a few that sometimes spark my interest, but its been so long since I went looking for them I would have forgotten most of the good ones. Nothing jumps out at me as being a very good representation at to what I have seen, one of the first things I look for is body shape especially, and also movement, because as you would know its hard to get fluid movement in a suit.

What I do like however are these two representations of what one may look like and they are both the closest to what I have seen.

The first is this picture by Scott Davis which used to be my old avatar, note the wide shoulders, long arms and no neck and very muscular.

s_davis_Moonlit-Walk.jpg

The second is this short film by Talyor FIlm called The Bauple Mountain Yowie - Revealing The Yowie



Again notice wide shoulders, long arms and relatively no neck and muscular.

Having said the above, the descriptions as to what I have seen, It can be different for others, so there may be different varieties? In fact I would say there are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Dion wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:27 pm
inthedark wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:31 am
Thanks, Dion.

Did you mean that you've never seen a vid which has you convinced of its authenticity?
Yep pretty much, you will be hard pressed to find anything you might consider genuine. I have seen a few that sometimes spark my interest, but its been so long since I went looking for them I would have forgotten most of the good ones. Nothing jumps out at me as being a very good representation at to what I have seen, one of the first things I look for is body shape especially, and also movement, because as you would know its hard to get fluid movement in a suit.

What I do like however are these two representations of what one may look like and they are both the closest to what I have seen.

The first is this picture by Scott Davis which used to be my old avatar, note the wide shoulders, long arms and no neck and very muscular.


s_davis_Moonlit-Walk.jpg


The second is this short film by Talyor FIlm called The Bauple Mountain Yowie - Revealing The Yowie



Again notice wide shoulders, long arms and relatively no neck and muscular.

Having said the above, the descriptions as to what I have seen, It can be different for others, so there may be different varieties? In fact I would say there are.
Very interesting! At this point it feels as though I've watched hundreds of vids, and like you, I can barely remember most of them. Of course most are forgettable, if they're not clever or unique in some way. Though I regard them all as fakes ... or shadows, or bears ... I'm hopeful I'll find more than just the single one which has so far defied attempts to debunk it. Have just today checked out the Myakka SA and Russian kids, on recommendation of members. Will continue to analyse each new one.

Meantime, I like the two example figures you posted. Bloody big fella, ain't he!

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:41 pm

inthedark wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:12 am
Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi inthedark. I like the jumping russian yeti and the Myakka skunk ape pics. Theyre all inconclusive so not much point suggesting anything really. Maybe have a look at thinker thunker or bigfoot tony. Theyre not definite by any means but do well to try and break the stuff down. Bob Gymlan is worth a look as well. His Myakka skunk ape breakdown is quite convincing. Hope thats a help! (thumb)
Hi there, YB :)

Thanks for your response. I did see the Jumping Yeti, and liked it for what it is, but didn't get any sense at all that the two humans were genuine. On the strength of that, I had to dismiss it. Haven't seen "Myakka Skunk Ape". Will check it out. Have watched both TT and BFT, with a preference for BFT because he's not actually located in the Home of BF Hoaxery, America 8)

Cheers, and thanks again!
Yes the guy, kid and dog in the jumping yeti clip aren't exactly over enthusiastic. Almost as if they had seen it a few times during numerous goes at filming the video.

The "yeti" is nutty though. I dont know what's happening there?? (cries)

I agree with what Dion and Shazz are saying. Nothing clear enough to be definite on youtube.

What i find most convincing are the captures where a large figure is seen and then gone in next frame. There are a few of these. Yowie Dan has the glenbrook yowie on his Australian Yowie youtube channel. Cascade bigfoot has a good one as well.

Some of the researchers websites have evidence like this as well. Rustys the " dark running figure" is interesting and the "australian yowie project "has gathered a lot of evidence as well. Hope thats a help. (thumb up)
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Shazzoir » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:55 pm

You are quite right, ITD, when you say even folks who may not be 'into' the crypto side of things can rely on their BS meters to identify fakes. The way human's move in the bush is terribly telling, compared to a creature who has lived there all its life and is larger, stronger and probably has a longer stride than your average man. You can almost always tell if it's a fake or a guy in a suit!

Glad you found the Russian kids video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6_sm2C ... wjnpGaBBWW What bugs me about this one though, is the prints are almost single file, and humans don't walk like that unless they are supermodels on the catwalk, about as far a cry as you could get from something travelling over snow. In some places, it almost looks as if there are two prints side by side in each 'print' in the snow, as if something was hopping, but again, that isn't a very efficient means of locomotion unless you are a hare or rabbit maybe, and those prints look BIG.

There is another one, about a family of campers by a river, doing target shooting, and one of them is taking film footage of this. They wondered why a helicopter was hovering nearby, and didn't come to any conclusions until after the event, while watching what they'd recorded. They claim they never saw the Sasquatch in the film until they watched the footage later, and assumed that explained the unusual presence of the chopper... that it too, was watching the Sasquatch, if that's indeed what it was, but it looks huge and has some seriously long strides. I'll try to find the video for you.

Kind regards and enjoy the millions of videos, haha. Would love to see your thoughts on the ones you reckon might be fair dinkum, too. :)

Shazz

OK, found it, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOcoW1z ... aBBWW&t=0s
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Tuckeroo
Silver Status
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:29 am
Position: Nature Lover
Location: northen rivers nsw

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Tuckeroo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:33 am

Hi ITD,

You said you have only found one video so far that has defied your attempts to debunk it.
I was wondering what that one is and your reasons. I can’t see that you mentioned it anywhere.

I see you asked for five vids that other people would consider to be authentic. I don’t think many are ever 100 % for me
but there are a few that make you wonder.
One is Marble mountain, where some school teachers and young male students are on a camping trip and discover a humpy
of twigs and branches. Then the teacher draws everyone’s attention to a figure walking on a far ridge line.
This vid has been pulled to pieces by the sceptics to be fake, me included, but the overwhelming thing for me is how big
that figure is in the distance. It defies your normal perspective through the eye to the horizon.

Although the figure is human shape and is stepping across the stones like a human would, it seems so far away it must be
about 8 ft tall. The arms look very long also.
When you see the reaction of the students and teachers it really seems like they all know it’s a set up prank for their
camping trip, but why does that figure in the distance look so tall ?
Another thing is the humpy, although easy to build, has long large branches cleanly snapped. Makes you wonder.

Another one that I was interested in was the Paul Freeman video. It clearly shows a large figure moving right to left
about 12-15 metres away from the camera. The camera is not jumping around, the vision is clear of a gorilla looking figure.
Mr Freeman is puffing a bit from the pursuit and excitedly says ‘Oh there he goes………Jesus’. There is even some footprints.

Of course there’s the P and G footage that I see you have avoided, for good reason.

There is also the bigfoot Independence day video by BF evidence. It is the most clearest and closest vid you will see
but then again only a glimpse and only the top half of the body. It's carrying a child which is incredible.
Why would someone go to the trouble of getting a hairy suit for their 3 year old, it looks real enough.

There are some vids from Yellowstone NP. which show figures in the snow that look convincing. Come to think of it many of
the ones I’ve seen where there’s snow are the best.
I guess the snow is a blank background that lets the figure stand out. Especially if it moves at great speed.
Also snow would be pretty hard to walk in wearing a hairy suite and snow has the best footprints.
An example of this is the vid that Shazzior has linked in the previous post, I forgot about that one, I saw it awhile back.
You can see how tall the figure is and how fast it moves, as S said ‘ large stride length’, in the snow, easily seen.

When you say you analyse the vids with a clinical and scientific eye I wonder if your analysis is based on a technical criteria
you have read about or are trained in or your own gut instinct. For me it’s instinct first then the visual analysis.
Your post got me thinking about what is my own ‘personal criteria for authenticity’.

Well for starters, any vid that is blurry or pixelated or moves around too much........forget it.
This would dismiss 90% of the vids I’ve seen on the net. Also anything where there is fur/hair
in amongst twigs and branches just doesn’t do it for me.

A lot of vids cut out right when your about to see something but I guess this could also be out of fear of suddenly realizing
what their looking at through the view finder.

Many videos show hair on the figure that always looks the same, like a pelt which is in contrast to many reports
of these creatures having wild unkempt hair, matted long and putrid.

Other things that come to mind are how are any people present reacting to what is there and how has the vid been edited.
In the vid with the Russian teens and the footprint followers their reactions to what their seeing just doesn’t seem right,
but then again that figure does move quickly.


cheers,


T.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:01 pm

Tuckeroo wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:33 am
Hi ITD,

You said you have only found one video so far that has defied your attempts to debunk it.
I was wondering what that one is and your reasons. I can’t see that you mentioned it anywhere.

I see you asked for five vids that other people would consider to be authentic. I don’t think many are ever 100 % for me
but there are a few that make you wonder.
One is Marble mountain, where some school teachers and young male students are on a camping trip and discover a humpy
of twigs and branches. Then the teacher draws everyone’s attention to a figure walking on a far ridge line.
This vid has been pulled to pieces by the sceptics to be fake, me included, but the overwhelming thing for me is how big
that figure is in the distance. It defies your normal perspective through the eye to the horizon.

Although the figure is human shape and is stepping across the stones like a human would, it seems so far away it must be
about 8 ft tall. The arms look very long also.
When you see the reaction of the students and teachers it really seems like they all know it’s a set up prank for their
camping trip, but why does that figure in the distance look so tall ?
Another thing is the humpy, although easy to build, has long large branches cleanly snapped. Makes you wonder.

Another one that I was interested in was the Paul Freeman video. It clearly shows a large figure moving right to left
about 12-15 metres away from the camera. The camera is not jumping around, the vision is clear of a gorilla looking figure.
Mr Freeman is puffing a bit from the pursuit and excitedly says ‘Oh there he goes………Jesus’. There is even some footprints.

Of course there’s the P and G footage that I see you have avoided, for good reason.

There is also the bigfoot Independence day video by BF evidence. It is the most clearest and closest vid you will see
but then again only a glimpse and only the top half of the body. It's carrying a child which is incredible.
Why would someone go to the trouble of getting a hairy suit for their 3 year old, it looks real enough.

There are some vids from Yellowstone NP. which show figures in the snow that look convincing. Come to think of it many of
the ones I’ve seen where there’s snow are the best.
I guess the snow is a blank background that lets the figure stand out. Especially if it moves at great speed.
Also snow would be pretty hard to walk in wearing a hairy suite and snow has the best footprints.
An example of this is the vid that Shazzior has linked in the previous post, I forgot about that one, I saw it awhile back.
You can see how tall the figure is and how fast it moves, as S said ‘ large stride length’, in the snow, easily seen.

When you say you analyse the vids with a clinical and scientific eye I wonder if your analysis is based on a technical criteria
you have read about or are trained in or your own gut instinct. For me it’s instinct first then the visual analysis.
Your post got me thinking about what is my own ‘personal criteria for authenticity’.

Well for starters, any vid that is blurry or pixelated or moves around too much........forget it.
This would dismiss 90% of the vids I’ve seen on the net. Also anything where there is fur/hair
in amongst twigs and branches just doesn’t do it for me.

A lot of vids cut out right when your about to see something but I guess this could also be out of fear of suddenly realizing
what their looking at through the view finder.

Many videos show hair on the figure that always looks the same, like a pelt which is in contrast to many reports
of these creatures having wild unkempt hair, matted long and putrid.

Other things that come to mind are how are any people present reacting to what is there and how has the vid been edited.
In the vid with the Russian teens and the footprint followers their reactions to what their seeing just doesn’t seem right,
but then again that figure does move quickly.


cheers,


T.
Hi Tuckeroo :)

Enjoyed your post very much .. a lot of interesting thoughts!

Have seen all the vids you mention, and had very similar reservations about them. Which brings me to my attempt to delineate my 'criteria'. You ask a good question when you ask how I'm approaching the matter (scientific, or 'gut'). In a nutshell, I'm looking at these vids clinically. By that I mean I'm using the psychiatrist's analysis of the human factor, and then the skeptic's and technician's analysis of the material circumstances of the event. I'm not looking at footprints, creature size, walking style, environment, or any 'extraneous' elements, or any content appraised as in keeping with folklore. I am paying attention to edits, reason for filming, reaction of the creature, and duration of event. These last, I think, being considerably more revealing than any number of footprints etc. Once I'd whittled down contenders which passed this muster, I then started to look with the physicians eyes ... and by that I mean at the creature itself. There is a great deal of information available when you understand a little about biology and medicine. There are certain biological states, for example, which are incredibly unlikely to be factored into a hoax, even if the hoaxers knew enough to factor it in. It just wouldn't make a lick of sense, nor be practical or affordable. Once I applied that final filter, I was left with that aforementioned single case. And believe me, I've tried everything I can think of to falsify it, but have not been able to do so. I even ran it by a friend who is in CGI, that's how convincing all other aspects are.

Anyway, that single case is commonly referred to as "Pennsylvania White Bigfoot". I initially dismissed it, but given there was enough in it to keep it on the short list, it got a second (and third, and fourth, etc etc) look. It kept passing all my checks, and remains solid. An overview of reasons as follows:

1) it's not CGI
2) it's literally, 1.2 seconds
3) it was clearly 'hiding' by staying stock still, until torch pointed directly to face, then it bolted - an EXTREMELY natural response
4) when it turns to run, it's crazily long arm reaches down to touch earth for a pivot - physiological stuff not normally attended to by hoaxers
5) none of that (the long arm, or it's use as a pivot) is seen in the footage, as torch light only shows face. so why would hoaxers bother including it?
6) very very real musculature and muscle movement- possibly even a ribcage
7) eye and mouth movement
8) abdominal musculature not seen in initial footage
9) head movement in that duck and pivot is very natural and fluid
10) the filmer's ostensibly lame reaction ('what was that?') is in fact a very realistic response to something only fleetingly glimpsed
11) the clincher ... on closer examination, the creature's hair shows a certain yellow tone which is a not commonly known feature of some partial and full albinism. what are the chances a hoaxer would know to do that? much less be able to fake it?
12) there is a possibility that the creature has an exposed ... ahem ... Johnson. again, not seen in footage, only on enhancement. hoaxers determined to highlight the face (which is all that is filmed) would not have bothered. Nor necessarily, been willing to do so themselves - for obvious reasons.

If it's a hoax, it is of such incredible quality that it deserves an armload of Academy Awards. It really is 'perfect'.

Believe me, I would love to debunk this one. I'm actually becoming a little frustrated that I can't. And yes, I've read many of the counter arguments. So far, none of them have much weight .. at all. It's quite disturbing!

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Shazzoir wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:55 pm
You are quite right, ITD, when you say even folks who may not be 'into' the crypto side of things can rely on their BS meters to identify fakes. The way human's move in the bush is terribly telling, compared to a creature who has lived there all its life and is larger, stronger and probably has a longer stride than your average man. You can almost always tell if it's a fake or a guy in a suit!

Glad you found the Russian kids video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6_sm2C ... wjnpGaBBWW What bugs me about this one though, is the prints are almost single file, and humans don't walk like that unless they are supermodels on the catwalk, about as far a cry as you could get from something travelling over snow. In some places, it almost looks as if there are two prints side by side in each 'print' in the snow, as if something was hopping, but again, that isn't a very efficient means of locomotion unless you are a hare or rabbit maybe, and those prints look BIG.

There is another one, about a family of campers by a river, doing target shooting, and one of them is taking film footage of this. They wondered why a helicopter was hovering nearby, and didn't come to any conclusions until after the event, while watching what they'd recorded. They claim they never saw the Sasquatch in the film until they watched the footage later, and assumed that explained the unusual presence of the chopper... that it too, was watching the Sasquatch, if that's indeed what it was, but it looks huge and has some seriously long strides. I'll try to find the video for you.

Kind regards and enjoy the millions of videos, haha. Would love to see your thoughts on the ones you reckon might be fair dinkum, too. :)

Shazz

OK, found it, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOcoW1z ... aBBWW&t=0s
Thanks Shazz!

Have seen all of those. Not liking the 'shooting'/helicopter one purely because it's clear the humans are looking directly in the critter's direction. Also, no attention is paid to helicopter .. we don't even actually see a chopper. But aside from those issues, the critter seems to behave in a way which doesn't really fit the 'super shy and super stealthy' profile, at all.

The funny thing is, my very interest in all this came about due to helicopters, and what I surmised (should these creatures exist) was 'herding' the beast away from houses/roads etc. In fact, another chopper has just left, after circling the forest for about 20 minutes. It's been going on for about a couple of weeks, now. Night and day. First time it's happened in our nearly 20 years here - other than during a bushfire emergency.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Yes the guy, kid and dog in the jumping yeti clip aren't exactly over enthusiastic. Almost as if they had seen it a few times during numerous goes at filming the video.

The "yeti" is nutty though. I dont know what's happening there?? (cries)

I agree with what Dion and Shazz are saying. Nothing clear enough to be definite on youtube.

What i find most convincing are the captures where a large figure is seen and then gone in next frame. There are a few of these. Yowie Dan has the glenbrook yowie on his Australian Yowie youtube channel. Cascade bigfoot has a good one as well.

Some of the researchers websites have evidence like this as well. Rustys the " dark running figure" is interesting and the "australian yowie project "has gathered a lot of evidence as well. Hope thats a help. (thumb up)
I totally agree with you on the very quick events! Hoaxers are less likely to be involved when it's a nano-second. Not much payoff in that.

Meantime, when you say "Glenbrook Yowie", do you mean Glenbrook in the Blue Mountains? If so, makes you wonder. A few years ago, the roos which normally live in Euroka Clearing (accessed via Glenbrook entrance to NP) all disappeared. News reports and Ranger explanations were that is was Dingo.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Yes some of the quickie or accidental captures are very convincing. Especially that white one you mentioned. The elaborate ones can be a bit overdone.

I do like the freeman video Tuckeroo mentioned as well.

Theres a few i do think are genuine but who can be sure. One filmed by a family on a beach where a massive figure flinging a deer over its shoulder before taking off very quickly is convincing as well.

A lot of The Australian Yowie videos are from the Blue mountains.That is very odd about the roos dissapearing as is the helicopter activity you mentioned.

I dont know if you are familiar with Neil Frost from the blue mountains? There are some videos available ( on youtube and ayr youtube channel) of Neil and other property owners who experienced yowie activity on their properties as well as numerous sightings.Some in broard daylight!

They really are worth a look to see these intelligent and down to earth people talk frankly about these things.
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:09 pm
Yes some of the quickie or accidental captures are very convincing. Especially that white one you mentioned. The elaborate ones can be a bit overdone.

I do like the freeman video Tuckeroo mentioned as well.

Theres a few i do think are genuine but who can be sure. One filmed by a family on a beach where a massive figure flinging a deer over its shoulder before taking off very quickly is convincing as well.

A lot of The Australian Yowie videos are from the Blue mountains.That is very odd about the roos dissapearing as is the helicopter activity you mentioned.

I dont know if you are familiar with Neil Frost from the blue mountains? There are some videos available ( on youtube and ayr youtube channel) of Neil and other property owners who experienced yowie activity on their properties as well as numerous sightings.Some in broard daylight!

They really are worth a look to see these intelligent and down to earth people talk frankly about these things.
Thanks YB. Will definitely check these Blue Mtns vids. It sounds as though we have similar criteria for 'authenticity', so I remain hopeful!

The white one ... meantime, forgot to add that the yellow undertone to the critter's pelt is such an anomally that it defies explanation. If you're going to hoax a white BF, you'd simply make it white. You would have to go to an absurdly vast amount of expense and trouble to create realistic albinic hair. Even for a full length feature film it would be excessive, but for 1.2 seconds ... with no financial or any other tangible reward ... it's insane. My concerted efforts to falsify that footage falls down on this point - every time.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Apologies ... meant to add that I don't know of Neil Frost. Will definitely look into his work. Thanks again!

rowdy
Approved Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by rowdy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:59 pm

I liked this one of the Russian Almasty in 2015 that was mentioned in an earlier edition of The Yowie Times:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhYxK2rjHI0

Looks a bit scary to me and too powerful to be someone dressed in a suit. The only other possibility would be a real gorilla that escaped captivity. Anyway, that one stuck in my mind as interesting.

User avatar
hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am
Position: Believer
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by hillbilly » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:55 am

I have reservations as to the authenticity of the White Bigfoot.
http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com.au ... -real.html

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks Hillbilly. Im still not convinced either way. Does make me wonder how all these measurments of bigfoots facial feautures were attained?

Also reminded me of an M.K Davis video with another alleged white bigfoot that is quite amazing. The one with the cows in the foreground and weird looking white creature running on all fours and upright in the background. M.K really likes that one! (thumb)
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Tuckeroo
Silver Status
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:29 am
Position: Nature Lover
Location: northen rivers nsw

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Tuckeroo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi rowdy,

The Russian Almasty vid is the one I was commenting on in my post. I’ve viewed this one from various sources.
I don’t know why ‘bigfoot encounters’ has gone to the trouble of dubbing in that creepy helicopter noise,
for me that’s another tick towards fakery.
Other times I’ve watched this vid and the only noise is the teens mumbling in Russian.

At the start the figure just looks like a fella in jeans and jacket acting like a monkey, but then that figure
moves so fast disappearing into the distance it makes it look really convincing.
I was thinking that in some of these videos the camera lens makes things look more elongated in the corners
of the frame, objects speed up in the corners. In this one, the figure remains in the centre of the frame
the whole time. In the second glimpse we see the arms looking so long hanging out the side of the body.
Yes this could be an escaped Gorilla from the zoo as one commentator said, but upright and moving so quick.
I thought apes drop to all fours.

I enjoy the mental gymnastics of analysing these things. One minute I’m convinced and move a notch
towards believing, next minute some other thing comes up and I’m back to where I was, doubting it.
For me a fast moving figure beyond human capabilities is the number one thing that gets me thinking
towards videos being real.

In the initial post ITD did a pretty good job of convincing me of the authenticity of the Pennsylvania white bigfoot.
Having just viewed hillbilly’s link to the criticism of PWB I’m pulled again slightly back towards scepticism.
Maybe I’m someone who can never make up their mind…….good, the oscillation keeps the brain active and helps
to avert complacency.

My thoughts seem petty with regard to ITD’s analysis of the Yellowness of the BF.
For me everything in the vid is Yellow. The roaming torch light is the same yellow as the beasts head so I wonder
how sound the yellow argument is. Another thing I thought of was how human and youthful the lips look.
The lips don’t seem related to the rest of the face. For a creature that’s supposed to tear into flesh and bone
they look fairly clean, unstained or wrinkled.
When it was caught in the light you’d think it would have snarled revealing some fangs but it didn’t.

Hi Yb. I just read your post as I was about to post this ‘not convinced either way’ is how I feel.
What has swayed me back again towards believing it’s real is this photo of two woodsman holding up
a severed head of a BF. How could this photo be a fake. The head looks exactly the same as the PWB head.

cheers,

T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Tuckeroo
Silver Status
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:29 am
Position: Nature Lover
Location: northen rivers nsw

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Tuckeroo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:06 pm

Found this pic also, seems there are people who will try and fake an albino BF, even made the fingernails dirty
to help it look even more real.


T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:07 am

Thats a better version of the jumping yeti that Rowdy has linked. Still who knows?

Hey Tuckeroo. Are you saying the severed head looks like that bottom yellow bigfoot as well as it sure does look similar. Maybe those woodsman shot the guy in the suit? Lol!
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:23 pm

hillbilly wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:55 am
I have reservations as to the authenticity of the White Bigfoot.
http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com.au ... -real.html
Thanks for your reply, Hillbilly :)

I also have reservations. I'm actually trying to discredit it, so have read everything I can regarding arguments against. Including the piece you linked.

I will add yet another feature of that particular footage which I didn't really spell out in the list of reasons in favour: When the creature reaches down with the right arm to turn and run, it makes contact with the ground and literally pivots on that hand. That would be impossible to do with arm extensions, as extensions would collapse under a) the weight, and b) the torsion of the pivot. Also, an arm extension is necessarily going to be articulated at the (human's) wrist. They are therefore essentially useless and could not possibly be used in the way this creature uses his right arm.

That, alone, is probably enough to rule out the 'ordinary' hoax.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 pm

hillbilly wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:55 am
I have reservations as to the authenticity of the White Bigfoot.
http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com.au ... -real.html
Meant to add further in relation to that pivot. Given the very quick event, the unseen body of the creature outside of the torch circle, and the impossibility of using an arm extension for any actual purpose besides 'decoration', the standard hoaxer would have the creature simply turn and run. That deep pivot is most revealing, I believe. Utterly unnecessary to the design of the hoax (if it is a hoax), as it would be both unseen, and technically very difficult - if not impossible.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:33 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:33 pm


Also reminded me of an M.K Davis video with another alleged white bigfoot that is quite amazing. The one with the cows in the foreground and weird looking white creature running on all fours and upright in the background. M.K really likes that one! (thumb)
Have just discovered that 'cow' footage. Looks good, so far!

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Tuckeroo wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:43 pm

In the initial post ITD did a pretty good job of convincing me of the authenticity of the Pennsylvania white bigfoot.
Having just viewed hillbilly’s link to the criticism of PWB I’m pulled again slightly back towards scepticism.
Maybe I’m someone who can never make up their mind…….good, the oscillation keeps the brain active and helps
to avert complacency.

My thoughts seem petty with regard to ITD’s analysis of the Yellowness of the BF.
For me everything in the vid is Yellow. The roaming torch light is the same yellow as the beasts head so I wonder
how sound the yellow argument is. Another thing I thought of was how human and youthful the lips look.
The lips don’t seem related to the rest of the face. For a creature that’s supposed to tear into flesh and bone
they look fairly clean, unstained or wrinkled.
When it was caught in the light you’d think it would have snarled revealing some fangs but it didn’t.

Hi Yb. I just read your post as I was about to post this ‘not convinced either way’ is how I feel.
What has swayed me back again towards believing it’s real is this photo of two woodsman holding up
a severed head of a BF. How could this photo be a fake. The head looks exactly the same as the PWB head.

cheers,

T.
Hi Tuckeroo. Hope you don't mind my barging into this conversation!

The yellow pelt thing I mentioned wasn't referring to the simple yellow tone of the torchlight, it was a reference to a colour phase shift, seen under some lights, upon movement. It's very hard to describe, but the best example is hair which looks black or dark brown, but on movement shows distinct red tones. That's not as unique as the albinic process, but it's similar. Albinism basically produces 'clear' hair, if that makes sense. It takes on the tone (as an undertone, not a colour) of the material constituents of the hair shaft.

Meantime, I agree that analysis of these films is great fun .. especially if you have a sciency kind of mind and like a good mystery (thumb up)

PS: I understood that old pic of the two blokes with the albino BF head was a photoshop. Happy to stand corrected!

Post Reply