New member seeking "top 5" lists

This is a Soap Box section of our Forum where those who hold passionate views/opinions regarding various aspects of Theology, Creation, Religion, Paranormal etc - pertaining to the Yowie can be POLITELY debated, away from our mainstream friendly Yowie / Bigfoot Discussion Board.

Be kind to each other. Our standard rules of etiquette and behaviour apply in all areas of our Forum.
inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:54 pm

hillbilly wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:55 am
I have reservations as to the authenticity of the White Bigfoot.
http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com.au ... -real.html
Doh .. all over the place, today (happy)

Just on that piece you linked. With respect to the author, all points made were IMO wishy-washy and, scientifically speaking, feeble. "Not hairy enough" etc. And "in my experience, BF's should look/behave differently" (or words to that effect). No one actually knows the 'rules' for bigfootery, so using that as a basis to argue against footage, is a stretch. The piece read more like 'feels'. As in, I FEEL it can't be real, so here are the things I came up with to discredit it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very keen to see it discredited, but this piece didn't do it. At all.

User avatar
Tuckeroo
Silver Status
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:29 am
Position: Nature Lover
Location: northen rivers nsw

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Tuckeroo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi ITD, I was just about to post and saw your new post which kind of throws my thoughts on the woodsman
pic out the window, photoshop…….darn, could be true. Where did the photoshoppers get the head pic to paste,
pretty good job of it.
Point taken with the albinism/ yellow thing. Never worry about ‘barging in’ it was your thread in the first place,
that’s what this forum is about, ideas, points of view and accepting criticism based on good evidence.
I’ll still post what I have just written instead of deleting it.

Hi Yb.

Come to think of it the three different heads do look similar. I included the second pic for a laugh
but it can be seen as a reference point; fakery, in relationship to the vid and the woodsman pic.
The creators of the head in the second pic may have seen images of a white BF to copy from.

I go along with ITD assertion that white BF’s are harder to fake than brown or black ones.
The severed head pic sways me towards believing the original video more than anything contained
in the video.

In the woodsman pic, I’m trying to date when that pic would have been taken. By the looks of it
sometime between the 1870’s and 1930’s maybe. Eastman developed more portable cameras
after the 1880’s and for a short while before that there was only large cumbersome glass plate cameras.
I’m guessing any old photo’s of the American frontier must be dated after the 1870’s.
Whether the pic is 1870’s or 1930’s it still seems old enough to be outside a time period where people
would have the means and wherewithal to create a fake head.

Back in the day when they were pushing into the frontier, stories of hairy beasts would have been believed
more than they are now, so for what reasons would they want to create a fake head.

How did they know what a BF looks like, especially a white one. They may have only seen a newspaper once
or twice a year let alone being able to read it.

In a time when there was no plastic, polymer resins or glues how did they make it ?
If they are that good at modelling and sculpture why aren’t they in the city making money out of the
burgeoning consumerism of popular culture instead of scratching around for gold or cutting timber.
What animal with white fur did they skin to use for the fake head ?

There are also a few things which make me doubt the pic as well. Why isn’t there blood and gunk around
the neck area, the fur looks too white and clean.
A human head weighs between 4-5 kilos and this head looks twice as big, so is the stance of the fella holding
it showing a natural gravitas of someone holding something that could be up to 8-10 kilos ?
is his left shoulder or arm straining enough while holding it ? Also where is the rest of the body.
Why didn’t the photographer get a picture of that, maybe he didn’t want to use up his glass plates.

Yeah I agree Yb. those woodsman may have shot the goose in the second pic, if not he deserves to be ( just joking ).
Ditto ITD.


cheers,


T.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:23 am

Some great points there Tuckeroo. I actually think the severed head is realistic but like you say it would be very heavy and difficult to carry a large severed like that.
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:25 am

inthedark wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:33 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:33 pm


Also reminded me of an M.K Davis video with another alleged white bigfoot that is quite amazing. The one with the cows in the foreground and weird looking white creature running on all fours and upright in the background. M.K really likes that one! (thumb)
Have just discovered that 'cow' footage. Looks good, so far!
It certainly can move in a hurry and in a peculiar way. Be a hard hoax to pull off i would imagine.
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Simon M » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:45 am



This is the 'independence day' video...I'm still not convinced by it, as it looks (to me) like someone in a suit. The 'baby' could easily be a puppet they're manipulating (who knows what was happening behind that boulder?).

I tend to assume all of them are fake. If I could, just once, see a clear moving image of a face in close up...but that literally never happens.

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Simon M » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 am

Also - my two cent's worth on the Russian 'Leaping Yeti' video is that they've used something like a spider-monkey and let it run loose in the forest. The figure the two guys initially point out isn't the same one that goes tearing off in leaps and bounds, they're two distinct figures. I suspect the original one (obscured by foliage) is a man who's about to let the ape loose and the foliage is masking this. Neither the cameraman or his mate seemed too worried about what they're seeing. Certainly they don't seem afraid of it, but without speaking Russian there's no way of knowing exactly what's being said. The cameraman seems impressed by the speed with which the thing is moving, but neither of them seems shocked or afraid - they're not seeing anything unexpected as far as I can tell. Also weird how they're in a perfect position to film the thing as it moves away...seems staged to me.

I could be wrong, naturally. I suspect I'm not, though.

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:57 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:25 am
inthedark wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:33 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:33 pm


Also reminded me of an M.K Davis video with another alleged white bigfoot that is quite amazing. The one with the cows in the foreground and weird looking white creature running on all fours and upright in the background. M.K really likes that one! (thumb)
Have just discovered that 'cow' footage. Looks good, so far!
It certainly can move in a hurry and in a peculiar way. Be a hard hoax to pull off i would imagine.
Would be odd and very interesting if the most believable candidates were both white. Makes you wonder!

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:57 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:25 am
inthedark wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:33 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:33 pm


Also reminded me of an M.K Davis video with another alleged white bigfoot that is quite amazing. The one with the cows in the foreground and weird looking white creature running on all fours and upright in the background. M.K really likes that one! (thumb)
Have just discovered that 'cow' footage. Looks good, so far!
It certainly can move in a hurry and in a peculiar way. Be a hard hoax to pull off i would imagine.
Would be odd and very interesting if the most believable candidates were both white. Makes you wonder!

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 am

Simon M wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:45 am


This is the 'independence day' video...I'm still not convinced by it, as it looks (to me) like someone in a suit. The 'baby' could easily be a puppet they're manipulating (who knows what was happening behind that boulder?).

I tend to assume all of them are fake. If I could, just once, see a clear moving image of a face in close up...but that literally never happens.
Hi Simon :)

Have had a close look at that footage. Strikes me as bogus in just about every respect. Most particularly, the human factor (which is, in terms of the seeking out of fraud, very important). The camera person is just way too conveniently and carefully located, and the whole thing plays out as a 'scene'. The person also exhibits zero fear .. which is completely unbelievable in terms in the presence of such a creature and its young. No need to even factor in the bad monkey suit with it's clear 'jacket' edge, and the well hidden legs. You'll notice the better hoaxes always disguised the lower half behind long grass, shrubs, boulders etc ... because monkey suits never have properly fitted legs. They always look like a pair of trousers. Like tree trunks.

I'm also not a fan of the PGF (for about the same reasons as the above), hence having had to wade through the hundreds and hundreds of much quicker and more panicked random events to find something approaching gold.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi In the Dark. I have to agree. Those white bogfoots are very convincing. The m.k davis running subject is very odd. I cant tell what it is and have not heard a reasonable explanation. I cant see how a man in a suit can move like that ??

Trouble is its too far away and too blurry. I think giga pixel or tera pixel(?) cameras when its readily available along with slow mo or multiple burst shots( say 1000 or more!) could possibly capture them and give us a good look.

I am not scientifically minded or a tech expert in any way. That is just a laymans opinion gathered from experiences.

I think the Independence day is a hoax, simply because i can see the seam below the waist. I heard someone say the seam is loose skin as the bigfoot had recently given birth but yeah i dunno . I also doubt it woukd run like that across the camera( eye or weapon to them probably).

It would be more likely not reveal the baby and probably not get caught like that in the first place!
Another reccomendedation would be the imax bigfoot on thinker thunker channel. Its filmed in high quality but still very far away.

There is also an interview on thinker thunker with i think the cameraman who filmed it so you can suss him out as well. :wink:
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi In the Dark. I have to agree. Those white bogfoots are very convincing. The m.k davis running subject is very odd. I cant tell what it is and have not heard a reasonable explanation. I cant see how a man in a suit can move like that ??

Trouble is its too far away and too blurry. I think giga pixel or tera pixel(?) cameras when its readily available along with slow mo or multiple burst shots( say 1000 or more!) could possibly capture them and give us a good look.

I am not scientifically minded or a tech expert in any way. That is just a laymans opinion gathered from experiences.

I think the Independence day is a hoax, simply because i can see the seam below the waist. I heard someone say the seam is loose skin as the bigfoot had recently given birth but yeah i dunno . I also doubt it woukd run like that across the camera( eye or weapon to them probably).

It would be more likely not reveal the baby and probably not get caught like that in the first place!
Another reccomendedation would be the imax bigfoot on thinker thunker channel. Its filmed in high quality but still very far away.

There is also an interview on thinker thunker with i think the cameraman who filmed it so you can suss him out as well. :wink:
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Whoops looks like i doubled up there??
(oops)
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Tuckeroo
Silver Status
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:29 am
Position: Nature Lover
Location: northen rivers nsw

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Tuckeroo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi Yb.

I’m not quite sure of the M.K. Davis vid that’s mentioned here.
I would like to see it. I know it’s of a white one. ‘cows in the foreground’.
I’ve watched a few of them. I may have already watched it without realizing
it’s the one that your referring to. Does it have a particular name ?

I agree that Independence day vid looks all to convenient like a ‘scene’even
those boulders look like there’ve been placed there previous by some heavy
duty landscaping.

The baby does seem to have some natural weight to it even if it's a dummy.
The mother showing concern and pulling the baby to her chest before she
moves off looks a bit trite.
In some animals don’t the young learn quickly how to hang on clutching
the fur around the torso or back. This youngon seems to be carried like a
human would, not a primate fleeing danger.

Even reminds me of how Penny carried that weird looking pet chimp on
lost in space, how did that get there ?


T.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Tuckeroo wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 pm
Hi Yb.

I’m not quite sure of the M.K. Davis vid that’s mentioned here.
I would like to see it. I know it’s of a white one. ‘cows in the foreground’.
I’ve watched a few of them. I may have already watched it without realizing
it’s the one that your referring to. Does it have a particular name ?

I agree that Independence day vid looks all to convenient like a ‘scene’even
those boulders look like there’ve been placed there previous by some heavy
duty landscaping.

The baby does seem to have some natural weight to it even if it's a dummy.
The mother showing concern and pulling the baby to her chest before she
moves off looks a bit trite.
In some animals don’t the young learn quickly how to hang on clutching
the fur around the torso or back. This youngon seems to be carried like a
human would, not a primate fleeing danger.

Even reminds me of how Penny carried that weird looking pet chimp on
lost in space, how did that get there ?


T.
Yes very true Tuckeroo. Lots of dodgy bits you have pointed out there. Its all a bit to good to he true. Id say also that if footage that close up would have been all over the media if it was proved to he the real deal which it hasn't been. Still i really dont know. Lol!

Theres a few versions of this white bigfoot that are worth a look. Im sure youd have seen it. (detective)



Heres the fence climber a lot of people like as well. for ITD. (thumb)
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 am

Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:41 pm
Hi In the Dark. I have to agree. Those white bogfoots are very convincing. The m.k davis running subject is very odd. I cant tell what it is and have not heard a reasonable explanation. I cant see how a man in a suit can move like that ??

Trouble is its too far away and too blurry. I think giga pixel or tera pixel(?) cameras when its readily available along with slow mo or multiple burst shots( say 1000 or more!) could possibly capture them and give us a good look.

I am not scientifically minded or a tech expert in any way. That is just a laymans opinion gathered from experiences.

I think the Independence day is a hoax, simply because i can see the seam below the waist. I heard someone say the seam is loose skin as the bigfoot had recently given birth but yeah i dunno . I also doubt it woukd run like that across the camera( eye or weapon to them probably).

It would be more likely not reveal the baby and probably not get caught like that in the first place!
Another reccomendedation would be the imax bigfoot on thinker thunker channel. Its filmed in high quality but still very far away.

There is also an interview on thinker thunker with i think the cameraman who filmed it so you can suss him out as well. :wink:
Hi YB :)

Yes, very dodgy that Independence Day shoot. And yes, the White with Cows is very intriguing!

As for the Imax, that one is very clearly a guy with a backpack running and ducking. Gosh, there really are so few which measure up. 1.5 so far .. from my perspective.

User avatar
Tuckeroo
Silver Status
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:29 am
Position: Nature Lover
Location: northen rivers nsw

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Tuckeroo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi Yb. Thanks for the links. That white figure does move quickly.
In the fence climber vid I wonder about the individuals lack of concern for the sensitive crutch area.
To me it looks like a human the way it straddles that fence, someone with trousers on.
If that was a BF wouldn’t the tackle area be exposed ?

T.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 am

Tuckeroo wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi Yb. Thanks for the links. That white figure does move quickly.
In the fence climber vid I wonder about the individuals lack of concern for the sensitive crutch area.
To me it looks like a human the way it straddles that fence, someone with trousers on.
If that was a BF wouldn’t the tackle area be exposed ?

T.
Yes theres nothing visible in the way of genitals at all. Same goes for most of these videos except one of Standings and Sasquatch in Sequoias or whatever.

That fence climber is very weird though. I dont think its a bigfoot but some say it has to be because of size of the fence which is why ilnked it. Looks like a creepy theif to me thats very used to hopping that fence.

My guess would be a kleptomaniac female basketball player or olive oilfoot..:wink:

By the way i think Penny rescued that chimp in the b/w episodes.Will have to do some research..
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 am

inthedark wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 am
Yowie bait wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:41 pm
Hi In the Dark. I have to agree. Those white bogfoots are very convincing. The m.k davis running subject is very odd. I cant tell what it is and have not heard a reasonable explanation. I cant see how a man in a suit can move like that ??

Trouble is its too far away and too blurry. I think giga pixel or tera pixel(?) cameras when its readily available along with slow mo or multiple burst shots( say 1000 or more!) could possibly capture them and give us a good look.

I am not scientifically minded or a tech expert in any way. That is just a laymans opinion gathered from experiences.

I think the Independence day is a hoax, simply because i can see the seam below the waist. I heard someone say the seam is loose skin as the bigfoot had recently given birth but yeah i dunno . I also doubt it woukd run like that across the camera( eye or weapon to them probably).

It would be more likely not reveal the baby and probably not get caught like that in the first place!
Another reccomendedation would be the imax bigfoot on thinker thunker channel. Its filmed in high quality but still very far away.

There is also an interview on thinker thunker with i think the cameraman who filmed it so you can suss him out as well. :wink:
Hi YB :)

Yes, very dodgy that Independence Day shoot. And yes, the White with Cows is very intriguing!

As for the Imax, that one is very clearly a guy with a backpack running and ducking. Gosh, there really are so few which measure up. 1.5 so far .. from my perspective.
Thats actually not bad. Im amazed you have found one so far! (thumb)
Yowie Bait

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 am


Thats actually not bad. Im amazed you have found one so far! (thumb)

Indeed!

Meantime, have had to take it back down to that solitary ONE, after more time spent watching 'whitey with cows'. It's just too distant, and too damned convenient that camera range happens to align perfectly with the track of the 'critter'. Probably locals trolling the owner of the cam. As to the runner's speed, it's not as exceptional as I first thought. Nothing, for a fit athletic type.

Still trying to falsify my favourite. Still not able to (scared)

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:32 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 am

That fence climber is very weird though. I dont think its a bigfoot but some say it has to be because of size of the fence which is why ilnked it. Looks like a creepy theif to me thats very used to hopping that fence.

I actually see clothing on the fence climber. Looks like a crop-stealer, as you say.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by sensesonfire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 am
Tuckeroo wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi Yb. Thanks for the links. That white figure does move quickly.
In the fence climber vid I wonder about the individuals lack of concern for the sensitive crutch area.
To me it looks like a human the way it straddles that fence, someone with trousers on.
If that was a BF wouldn’t the tackle area be exposed ?

T.
Yes theres nothing visible in the way of genitals at all. Same goes for most of these videos except one of Standings and Sasquatch in Sequoias or whatever.

That fence climber is very weird though. I dont think its a bigfoot but some say it has to be because of size of the fence which is why ilnked it. Looks like a creepy theif to me thats very used to hopping that fence.

My guess would be a kleptomaniac female basketball player or olive oilfoot..:wink:


By the way i think Penny rescued that chimp in the b/w episodes.Will have to do some research..
Hi Yowie, That's funny.
I'm a little undecided whether that is a Bigfoot or not I'd be a lot more convinced if I actually knew the height of the fence. If that's a 5 to 6-foot fence then I'd be thinking Bigfoot because of that creature if that's what it is and not a kleptomaniac female basketball player stepping over it with consummate ease.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allan Poe.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Hey Senses. There is a breakdown of a man standing near the fence. Im pretty sure i have seen one. Trouble is we cant really be sure how tall the man is!
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:22 pm

inthedark wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 am


Thats actually not bad. Im amazed you have found one so far! (thumb)

Indeed!

Meantime, have had to take it back down to that solitary ONE, after more time spent watching 'whitey with cows'. It's just too distant, and too damned convenient that camera range happens to align perfectly with the track of the 'critter'. Probably locals trolling the owner of the cam. As to the runner's speed, it's not as exceptional as I first thought. Nothing, for a fit athletic type.

Still trying to falsify my favourite. Still not able to (scared)
Thats the trouble. Some COULD be legit but too hard to tell from distance and picture quality. There is also legitimate 7 ft humans out there. I know two myself and have seen others.

There is one other video that i think is good but again very fuzzy. I will link if i can find it.

Timbergiant bigfoots " big red" is interesting as well.
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Simon M » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:40 am

I can't think of a single example that couldn't possibly have been faked.

It's true that some videos seem more convincing than others, but when I look at them purely objectively and think "Could someone have faked that if they really put their minds to it?", the answer is always 'yes'.

I like a few Bigfoot videos, but it becomes a case of "I want to believe" for me...but wanting to believe it and then actively putting aside all forms of critical thinking in order to support a belief just isn't an option for me.

This one's compelling...but again, it's not 'unfakeable'.


User avatar
hillbilly
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am
Position: Believer
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by hillbilly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Good video analysis by thinkthunks. Yet , sadly, no size comparisons to anything. But....I want to believe.

User avatar
ChrisV
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by ChrisV » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 am

ThinkerThunker is the only source for a good breakdown I believe. Sometimes he gets it wrong but most of the time hes aiming in the right direction.

If you start there you can start sorting the good from the c**p

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Simon M wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:40 am
I can't think of a single example that couldn't possibly have been faked.

It's true that some videos seem more convincing than others, but when I look at them purely objectively and think "Could someone have faked that if they really put their minds to it?", the answer is always 'yes'.

I like a few Bigfoot videos, but it becomes a case of "I want to believe" for me...but wanting to believe it and then actively putting aside all forms of critical thinking in order to support a belief just isn't an option for me.
I would have to agree. They can all be faked. Which is part of the problem, IMO. There will always be non-believers who hoax for fun - and nothing can be done about those, but when 'researchers' are lying and/or faking, the waters are never going to be anything but muddy. It's no wonder science won't touch it. As long as those who claim to be legitimate are dishonest or unreasonable, there isn't a chance it'll ever be taken seriously. I'd go so far as to suggest that if every 'believer' and 'researcher' made a compact (worldwide) to cease and desist from any and all hoaxing, outlandish extrapolation, confirmation bias, and wishful thinking, the field may in time acquire a little legitimacy.

Meantime, I find it incredibly difficult to take any of it seriously, given the nature of the 'evidence' thus far. If I leave my scientist hat on, I come away with nothing, more or less. Even the single vid I quite like, is ultimately fakeable, and cannot be taken as anything but a very good effort on the part of the fakers.

I don't care for ThinkerThunker, as comments are disabled. Dodgy. What is he afraid of?

User avatar
Simon M
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 am
Position: Unsure
Location: South Western Victoria

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Simon M » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Thinker Thunker explained why his comments are disabled in one video I saw - it was because people had made some kind of sexual remarks in the comments section to a young girl, and TT got some hate over it, so he chose to disable all comments.

Which is a pretty solid reason, I think.

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by Dion » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

inthedark wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:01 pm
Meantime, I find it incredibly difficult to take any of it seriously, given the nature of the 'evidence' thus far. If I leave my scientist hat on, I come away with nothing, more or less. Even the single vid I quite like, is ultimately fakeable, and cannot be taken as anything but a very good effort on the part of the fakers.
So then I think it comes down to.... do you believe this to be a real phenomenon and if so do you think we are dealing with mass Hallucinations, a real Flesh and Blood creature, or a spiritual force of some description?
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

inthedark
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am
Position: Unsure
Gender: Not Telling

Re: New member seeking "top 5" lists

Unread post by inthedark » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:18 am

Simon M wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 pm
Thinker Thunker explained why his comments are disabled in one video I saw - it was because people had made some kind of sexual remarks in the comments section to a young girl, and TT got some hate over it, so he chose to disable all comments.

Which is a pretty solid reason, I think.
Solid reason .. for a temporary closure of comments. Not for a permanent one. It's quite frustrating, because I want to read what viewers think about any given piece of footage. Sometimes comments are very interesting and revealing.

Post Reply