How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

This is a Soap Box section of our Forum where those who hold passionate views/opinions regarding various aspects of Theology, Creation, Religion, Paranormal etc - pertaining to the Yowie can be POLITELY debated, away from our mainstream friendly Yowie / Bigfoot Discussion Board.

Be kind to each other. Our standard rules of etiquette and behaviour apply in all areas of our Forum.
User avatar
JohnnyAnonymous
Bronze Status
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by JohnnyAnonymous » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:29 pm

IMG_0381-1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
While looking for the jigsaw pieces missing from the box, always remember... No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm

bassplyr wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:31 pm
I dont feel science is the enemy of paranormal. Personally i believe that most things considered paranormal will eventually be resolved by science. They're not mutually incompatible in my view.

In the past things that are well understood now were once considered paranormal. Eclipses and lightening were thought to be divine and supernatural in nature. But now, through science, we understand them. What was once paranormal is now considered part of the natural world.

As for myself, im not necessarily opposed to the paranormal as I've had more than a few experiences I'd chalk up as currently paranormal. But i also believe my experiences will one day be figured out by science. I also know a few brilliant physicists who share the same thoughts and have open minds about the paranormal. They too ponder scientific hypothesis that could eventually lead to theories or answers as to what certain paranormal may actually be.

I myself have a hypothesis proposing the human brain can indeed preceive, utilise and interact in a limited manner with quantum processes by combining Penrose and hammeroffs quantum consciousness theories on nanotubes in the brain , quantum fluctuations of electromagnetic vacua, phased coding of optic nerve pathways signals and holographic bragg conditions in the visual cortex to explain certain paranormal phenomena such as telepathy and even remote viewing or psychic cognition.

As most can figure out by now, i dont subscribe to bigfoot being supernatural. And i do think things like track castings, recorded vocalizations and even blurry photos lend more weight tipping the scales more towards natural than paranormal, which in my opinion has far less evidence thats mostly limited to anecdotes.

I think bigfoot is natural. And, on AYH I've presented previously mechanisms where infrasound can interfere with the visual cortex and cause a visual blind spot at what youre directly looking at making things seemingly disappear. That in itself doesnt explain things like tracks that disappear, but maybe a skilled tracker would see something most people dont when examining those same tracks. People skilled in bushcraft have been known to posses skillsets that make tracks suddenly very difficult to follow where the trail appears to suddenly dead-end. Why cant bigfoot?

I also think that paranormal anecdotes can be a valuable tool in explaining unknown or poorly understood yowie, sasquatch behavior and phenomena. If youre describing something very strange theres always a chance that the collected observations may dovetail with understood but little known science and lead to a breakthrough or eureka moment. So paranormal forums are important and useful in their own way.

What i dont understand is writing something off because it befuddles you as simply supernatural and never to be truly understood. If thats ones belief, then i struggle with the logic behind even trying to research it. I mean what then is the point of studying the paranormal if youre intent is to just dismiss it as unfathomable in the end.

As for never being able to see "eye to eye" and thus the two should never interact. I disagree with that too and i cite my interactions with AYH member Searcher as a good example. We both have mostly opposing viewpoints in the ufo section and yet we both get along and can co-inhabit the same forum discussing the topic at hand. We dont denigrate each other and the end result is lively debate. Its called having a conversation.

In the end i suppose theres a difference between "seeing eye to eye" and simply refusing to look the other in the eye.
bassplyr wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:31 pm
I dont feel science is the enemy of paranormal. Personally i believe that most things considered paranormal will eventually be resolved by science. They're not mutually incompatible in my view.

In the past things that are well understood now were once considered paranormal. Eclipses and lightening were thought to be divine and supernatural in nature. But now, through science, we understand them. What was once paranormal is now considered part of the natural world.

As for myself, im not necessarily opposed to the paranormal as I've had more than a few experiences I'd chalk up as currently paranormal. But i also believe my experiences will one day be figured out by science. I also know a few brilliant physicists who share the same thoughts and have open minds about the paranormal. They too ponder scientific hypothesis that could eventually lead to theories or answers as to what certain paranormal may actually be.

I myself have a hypothesis proposing the human brain can indeed preceive, utilise and interact in a limited manner with quantum processes by combining Penrose and hammeroffs quantum consciousness theories on nanotubes in the brain , quantum fluctuations of electromagnetic vacua, phased coding of optic nerve pathways signals and holographic bragg conditions in the visual cortex to explain certain paranormal phenomena such as telepathy and even remote viewing or psychic cognition.

As most can figure out by now, i dont subscribe to bigfoot being supernatural. And i do think things like track castings, recorded vocalizations and even blurry photos lend more weight tipping the scales more towards natural than paranormal, which in my opinion has far less evidence thats mostly limited to anecdotes.

I think bigfoot is natural. And, on AYH I've presented previously mechanisms where infrasound can interfere with the visual cortex and cause a visual blind spot at what youre directly looking at making things seemingly disappear. That in itself doesnt explain things like tracks that disappear, but maybe a skilled tracker would see something most people dont when examining those same tracks. People skilled in bushcraft have been known to posses skillsets that make tracks suddenly very difficult to follow where the trail appears to suddenly dead-end. Why cant bigfoot?

I also think that paranormal anecdotes can be a valuable tool in explaining unknown or poorly understood yowie, sasquatch behavior and phenomena. If youre describing something very strange theres always a chance that the collected observations may dovetail with understood but little known science and lead to a breakthrough or eureka moment. So paranormal forums are important and useful in their own way.

What i dont understand is writing something off because it befuddles you as simply supernatural and never to be truly understood. If thats ones belief, then i struggle with the logic behind even trying to research it. I mean what then is the point of studying the paranormal if youre intent is to just dismiss it as unfathomable in the end.

As for never being able to see "eye to eye" and thus the two should never interact. I disagree with that too and i cite my interactions with AYH member Searcher as a good example. We both have mostly opposing viewpoints in the ufo section and yet we both get along and can co-inhabit the same forum discussing the topic at hand. We dont denigrate each other and the end result is lively debate. Its called having a conversation.

In the end i suppose theres a difference between "seeing eye to eye" and simply refusing to look the other in the eye.

I can relate to most of what you have to say bassplyr but the problem is progress is slow if not non-existent on identifying these creatures we all believe they exist but we want to know what they are. They display miraculous capabilities that to the layman suggests a paranormal ability science may eventually solve the problem but it's a long time coming these cryptids have been around for centuries and we still can't determine whether they are flesh and blood no academic leads at all. It would be advantageous if the main branches of science could all work together and then maybe some advancement could be made but at the moment that isn't even a consideration.

I would like nothing more than to discover an intact body or skeletal remains where a complete autopsy can be performed it would certainly clear up a lot of the conjecture but it wouldn't explain what many perceive to be supernatural abilities and that is going to take a quantum leap in science to solve and I don't believe at the moment that is possible.

I may be getting a little off-topic here and my imagination running on high.

Always in the back of my mind is the powers that be governments, the military primarily the United States has one of these creatures stored away in the vaults somewhere and they're not letting on. Much like UFO files and documents that were withheld for decades until most were released to the public could this be the case with Bigfoot. I suggest the reason why Bigfoot data will never be released is that unlike UFOs they could be hunted down if true. I am quite open to the suggestion that the military may have indeed been working with some of these cryptids for some time.

Cybernetic enhancements that fuse humans and machines are coming, and the U.S. Military wants to be prepared. What better opportunity than to have a Bigfoot or Dogman at your disposal. Themanfromglad believes I think that the military has detained Bigfoots but they have been able to escape because of their interdimensional abilities something I agree with.

This subject matter will generate all types of weird and wonderful scenarios some may possibly be true others perhaps a good story for a sci-fi movie but one thing is sure until such time as some sought of disclosure is forthcoming on what these creatures are then anything is possible and that includes the paranormal and believe me we are dealing with unknown forces in this world as I have experienced them on more than one occasion.

I'm trying to move on from Bigfoot and Yowie because I find Dogman far more intriguing. :P
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:41 pm

JohnnyAnonymous wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:29 pm
IMG_0381-1.JPG
Agree with you 100% Johnny and perish the thought I'm going to bring religion in here. There are continual wars going on in the heavens between the forces of good and evil they are all around us but we can't see them. Satan himself is the Prince of the Air. This is a belief held by all religions. Please no atheist replies. (angel)
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:36 am

sensesonfire wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm


I'm trying to move on from Bigfoot and Yowie because I find Dogman far more intriguing. :P
Well, you're going to love Volume 2 of Sasquatch Sagas then, as it's mostly about Dogmen.
I just finished the 1st draft a couple nights ago and posted another sneak peek, a chapter inspired by The Beast of LBL:

https://www.sasquatchstories.com/the-beast-of-lbl
LBLpage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by themanfromglad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:02 am

Searcher wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:53 pm
Shazz wrote:
We are all supposedly adults here, but all I see is ego-driven aggression and intolerance.
Agreed. Neal the Gladman has shown extraordinary vitriol in his responses to bassplyr’s comments on his posts. He displays anger that I believe is borderline unacceptable on AYR. And all because bassplyr did not agree with him.

This thread is an initiative by Rusty and is all about “fixing the problems between opinions”. It won’t be mended by constant accusations of lying, abuse and personal attacks.

It is clear bassplyr’s knowledge of real world physics is at a very high level while all of Neal’s unproven assumptions of captured Bigfoot at Lawrence Livermore, etc, are offered without a shred of evidence.

If it is true, how about some eyewitness testimonies? Take Roswell for example. The government wanted to keep it a secret, but a large number of people have since come forward and gone on record, many under oath, to state they were involved in some way with the crashed craft.
You clearly misrepresented bassplyr's comments in your statement "and all because bassplyr did not agree with him". bassplyr cited no personal field experience, however he did make up a litany of his own facts in order to support his own position that no paranormal evidence has ever been found or released by anyone in the U.S. Government, while supposedly viewing from a location 4000 miles away. A trait that I have only seen by Disinformation Agents of the Central Intelligence Agency in the U.S. So you grossly misrepresented bassplyr tactics in order to slander me. Bassplyr'a knowledge of physics is all smoke and mirrors and is a copy and paste method used by Disinformation Agents with the CIA. The site that I quoted of acquaintances who wrote obituaries for Stephen Hawking, proved that bassplyr was lying. Yet your short memory conveniently forgets this detail. People who support Disinformation Agents, are often Disinformation Agents themselves. Johnny's recollection of Michio Kaku's conversation also refuted bassplyr's made up facts that you claim to be "a very high level (of knowledge). I noted the names of witnesses whose knowledge was based on the Lawrence Livermore Bigfoot Captivity study. Knowledge that could not have been known in the 60's, but for a captivity study somewhere. Incidently, since that LLNL Bigfoot Captivity study is still top secret and you are seeking to discredit me based on a lack of a large number of Federal Employees who are receiving retirement checks, not spilling their guts, that implies again that you are another Disinformation Agent, since it appears to bother the hell out of you that it has been mentioned here. You can poke around the retirement homes of Livermore California and turn up some ex-LLNL employees who heard about, so why don't you do that or pay for it. Of course you won't do either because your vested interest is exactly opposite to that event being verified. And then you would be fired from your Disinformation job for someone.

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by themanfromglad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:10 am

The best way to fix the problems between opinions, is to get a lot of field experience. I have been within 10 of invisible Bigfoot on hundreds of occasions, and one that put his hand on my shoulder. Once you get real world field experience, theoretical hypothesis go out the window.

bassplyr
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by bassplyr » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:07 am

Oooh land between the lakes. I'm looking forward to your next volume wolf.

I enjoyed volume 1 and as far as dogman goes its hard to argue which location has a better history of sightings. Michigan or LBL Kentucky. If i had to choose id say LBL has more terrifying stories. I was near there passing through in spring of 2016 and thought to myself being familiar with the reports that anything could be in those woods. Southern Kentucky down through Tennessee to the Carolinas are very dense forest.

Let us know as soon as its available. Ill be doing about 20 hours (36 including layovers etc) of flying in a month and that would be the perfect companion for the flights. Be interesting how you paint the dogmen in the book. Good guys that are misunderstood. Purely bad. They going to square off against sasquatch. And is it all still from the sasquatch perspective.

User avatar
adventurer
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 am
Position: New Member
Gender: Female
Location: elimbah north brisbane

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by adventurer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 am

themanfromglad wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:10 am
The best way to fix the problems between opinions, is to get a lot of field experience. I have been within 10 of invisible Bigfoot on hundreds of occasions, and one that put his hand on my shoulder. Once you get real world field experience, theoretical hypothesis go out the window.
Agreed. Spend time out in the bush, the bigfoot know more about you then you do yourself. Eventually they will want to show you the capabilities they have, including getting up close to touch people. i had a large open hand firmly on my lower back, the hand wasnt there to grab and pull me, if anything it was a firm squeeze. It was obviously walking next to me on my right and put its hand on me. I took this as it wanted to show me it was there, even though i couldnt see it. It showed me it could come up at anytime even with me surrounded by people. It wasnt the only touch i had.
How can science possibly ever resolve explain this?

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am

Wolf wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:36 am
sensesonfire wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm


I'm trying to move on from Bigfoot and Yowie because I find Dogman far more intriguing. :P
Well, you're going to love Volume 2 of Sasquatch Sagas then, as it's mostly about Dogmen.
I just finished the 1st draft a couple nights ago and posted another sneak peek, a chapter inspired by The Beast of LBL:

https://www.sasquatchstories.com/the-beast-of-lbl

LBLpage.jpg
It looks and sounds great Wolf. (love) If I was a Hollywood producer I would be hiring you as a scriptwriter.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
rowbe
Bronze Status
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:13 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: SE QLD

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by rowbe » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am

Rusty2 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:19 am
Obviously everyone has an opinion , we all know that .

As seen in the recent post in the Yowie/Bigfoot Discussion Board there is obviously a problem between the F&B camp and the Paranormal camp .

As a group of people interested in the same subject , can anyone offer a fair solution to both groups without banning anyone ?

Let's keep it civil please ! Any suggestions ?
I agree, Rusty there will always be an issue between the two groups, however I don't think we know enough to eliminate one or the other. I propose another possibility - could they not be both "flesh and blood" and "paranormal" - e.g., paranormal abilities. Ghost/religion aside (and I am not eliminating these possibilities), all the reports suggest that they have huge abilities above an beyond our traditional thinking. For example, if you look at any of the definitions associated with paranormal (re below) you could say anything unexplained could be deemed paranormal. Therefore, having abilities that we cannot comprehend or understand (not the norm as we see it) they are paranormal. They may be flesh and blood. I think we don't know enough to eliminate anything at the moment.

"Paranormal events are purported phenomena described in popular culture, folk, and other non-scientific bodies of knowledge, whose existence within these contexts is described as beyond normal experience or scientific explanation".

I must admit, I sit on the fence when it comes to deciding re F&B or paranormal, I keep an open mind. I have been a traditional/professional researcher (not in this field) for the past twenty or so years - a true researcher develops research questions, utilises a methodology to gain answers, find out new things, etc, etc - not to rebunk something that you just cannot explain. Maybe we need to step back from the big picture and start looking at smaller pieces of the puzzle, e.g., the various behaviours, what we know versus what we don't (which many people are doing - but may be afraid to report - which is a shame). For instance, Adventurer (Dee) has started a thread relating to "shapeshifting" - I believe if both sides could discuss such topics amicably we may progress further rather than quarreling over the unknown.

User avatar
JohnnyAnonymous
Bronze Status
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by JohnnyAnonymous » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:22 pm

I really wish that a new thread was up (or this one re-titled.. lol) because it has really gone off the 'tracks' as to the main query. And I've tried to stay away from it because of that very reason.

But as I sigh heavily as I continue to be a part of the problem, I'd like to toss this in as many see this as it's either this.. or it's either that type of thinking. I'll refer to a couple of guys that were thought to be quite smart for their time.

Because the truth is (imho), is that the lines are way too blurry to be 'just' Flesh and Blood or 'just' Paranormal. And because the lines are so blurry, we should keep an open mind on all the criteria, evidence and data. We should quit trying to box it into one category alone and treat it perhaps the same as water.... as it boils, it freezes, it evaporates, it's both a solid, a fluid and a gas..... yet it only has one name.

Religion and Science tend to be portrayed as always in contention with each other but, deconstructed, they can serve complementary purposes to one another. Don't hate me for wanting to be an optimist!

Oh... and those two smart guys? Well here you go;

Albert Einstein said; "“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”"

Nikola Tesla said: ""There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact.""

Johnny
While looking for the jigsaw pieces missing from the box, always remember... No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Black » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:50 pm

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/04/ ... ught-form/

If only it were as clean and simple as it sounds. Paranormal vs flesh and blood. But what if a portion of bigfoot / yowie sightings, are man-made? What if they are thought forms or tulpas?

Check out the link above.

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by themanfromglad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:32 pm

A Bigfoot/Yowie that comes fully into man's dimension, is still paranormal because they are interdimensional. It is impossible for them to be continuously flesh and blood because they would wipe out the local fauna in pursuit of consuming 8000 calories per day. In the winter time, they don't have enough hair on their bodies, to keep them warm in below freezing temperatures. Hair is not the same as the standard double layer of fur, that exists with most forest animals. Their paranormal existence is top secret because of women, especially older women who are paranoid about getting raped by an invisible Bigfoot/Yowie. If the government announced that Bigfoot can be invisible, millions of people would overload the health care system in seeking a shrink, who are not qualified to walk someone through their belief in a paranormal Bigfoot/Yowie.

User avatar
adventurer
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 am
Position: New Member
Gender: Female
Location: elimbah north brisbane

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by adventurer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm

themanfromglad wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:32 pm
A Bigfoot/Yowie that comes fully into man's dimension, is still paranormal because they are interdimensional. It is impossible for them to be continuously flesh and blood because they would wipe out the local fauna in pursuit of consuming 8000 calories per day. In the winter time, they don't have enough hair on their bodies, to keep them warm in below freezing temperatures. Hair is not the same as the standard double layer of fur, that exists with most forest animals. Their paranormal existence is top secret because of women, especially older women who are paranoid about getting raped by an invisible Bigfoot/Yowie. If the government announced that Bigfoot can be invisible, millions of people would overload the health care system in seeking a shrink, who are not qualified to walk someone through their belief in a paranormal Bigfoot/Yowie.
Sorry Glad, im with you on the paranormal but that is just to funny. Nearly choked on my coffee reading that. I have never once thought in my mind i could ever get raped, anyhow they would split 1 in half with there big donga. I think the women would more likely to get raped by a neighbour over bigfoot, surely they would be idiots thinking that.( even though they are human like hmmmmmmm) (scared)

User avatar
adventurer
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 am
Position: New Member
Gender: Female
Location: elimbah north brisbane

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by adventurer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:03 pm

adventurer wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm
themanfromglad wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:32 pm
A Bigfoot/Yowie that comes fully into man's dimension, is still paranormal because they are interdimensional. It is impossible for them to be continuously flesh and blood because they would wipe out the local fauna in pursuit of consuming 8000 calories per day. In the winter time, they don't have enough hair on their bodies, to keep them warm in below freezing temperatures. Hair is not the same as the standard double layer of fur, that exists with most forest animals. Their paranormal existence is top secret because of women, especially older women who are paranoid about getting raped by an invisible Bigfoot/Yowie. If the government announced that Bigfoot can be invisible, millions of people would overload the health care system in seeking a shrink, who are not qualified to walk someone through their belief in a paranormal Bigfoot/Yowie.
Sorry Glad, im with you on the paranormal but that is just to funny. Nearly choked on my coffee reading that. I have never once thought in my mind i could ever get raped, anyhow they would split 1 in half with there big donga. I think the women would more likely to get raped by a neighbour over bigfoot, surely they would be idiots thinking that.( even though they are human like hmmmmmmm) (scared)
What must i pack
torch
headlamp
insect repellent
snake gaiters
first aid kit
cams
Yowie lube--never leave home without it lol

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Black wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:50 pm
https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/04/ ... ught-form/

If only it were as clean and simple as it sounds. Paranormal vs flesh and blood. But what if a portion of bigfoot / yowie sightings, are man-made? What if they are thought forms or tulpas?

Check out the link above.
Undoubtedly a portion of sightings are 'man-made' in the form of 'thought-forms' as you suggest Black. Just take a gander in any facebook group dedicated to BF research and you will see any number of red circles in photos (many without even the circles)... all claiming to show 'clearly' bigfoot faces, etc.

Thoughts have power, even if to simply cause pareidolia in the thinker. (taz)

Do thoughts carried on a wavelength? One that can cause materialisation?
Perhaps... (detective)
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Black » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:16 am

Thoughts are energy. Thoughts are responsible for all the paradolia in bigfoot field research, misidentification, and of course, hoaxes and pranks. But, as the article suggests, they might also be responsible for literally taking form and causing an independant sighting or experience.

Researchers Paul Cropper and Tony Healy have noted 'spikes' in reports, immediately following yowie or bigfoot media releases.

With one remarkable report I investigated, I noted the newsagents were selling the latest 'Phantom' comic at the time, featuring the Phantom coming face to face with bigfoot on the front cover. It could have been just a coincidence ofcourse, that comic would have been running in all newsagents at that time, across the country, even worldwide. This is where graphs of reports and locations and current media releases, might be relevant for research purposes.

But as a form of thought energy, nobody can deny the IDEA of bigfoot across the world is a monstrous idea that seems to have a life of it's own, constantly perpetuated.

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Black » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:26 pm

JohnnyAnonymous wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:29 pm
IMG_0381-1.JPG
This meme isn't quite right. We don't see 1 percent of the visible light spectrum. The visible light spectrum that we do see, is less than 1 percent of the total spectrum of light. The visible light that we do see, is limited in being able to see a fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum which satisfatorily enables us to see the physical world quite adequately. It's about 400 to 700 nanometers.

Life would be quite interesting if we could extend our eyesight into either the infra red or ultraviolet frequencies, but if you were to ask some psychics, particularly people who read human auras, they will yell you, been there done that. The aura is supposed to exist in the ultraviolet frequencies.

Extended the other way, we might be able to see magnetic fields, radio waves, microwaves, etc.

But what if there were a drug that would enable someone to see into the ultraviolet frequencies? Does anyone think it's pure coincidence, drunks are branded with seeing "pink elephants"?

If there is any truth in that, and again, this is a research site afterall, it would be interesting to see what percentage of yowie witnesses were affected by either liquor, drugs, or medications at the times of their experiences. I'm not suggesting all witnesses were, but if they weren't, or even a small percentage were, then that also would be interesting and relevant research data.

There is a lot of research that could be carried out on the witnesses that doesn't seem to be occurring........

User avatar
JohnnyAnonymous
Bronze Status
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by JohnnyAnonymous » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

Black wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:26 pm
JohnnyAnonymous wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:29 pm
This meme isn't quite right. We don't see 1 percent of the visible light spectrum. The visible light spectrum that we do see, is less than 1 percent of the total spectrum of light.
You are absolutely correct and I wish I could say that this was a test of some sorts to see who was paying attention.. but the reality is that I missed that 1% "visible light" reference when I was sent it. Well, if anyone needed proof that I was an erring human, the veil has been pulled back now... LOL

(respekt)
While looking for the jigsaw pieces missing from the box, always remember... No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Black » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:40 pm

Well, johnnyanonymous, if one were to reproduce that meme sans the word, "visible" in the top line, it would be pretty much on the money. :o

I'm glad most of us can't ordinarily see beyond the visible spectrum, as such an ability would likely overload us all with information, and we wouldn't be able to function properly here in the physical realm. In the East, this might be referred to as opening the third eye. A few generations into the future though, who knows, maybe we'll all be able to accommodate such information.

Wolf, are you going to find yourself an Aboriginal elder to look over your latest masterpiece, for any feedback?

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Black wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:40 pm


Wolf, are you going to find yourself an Aboriginal elder to look over your latest masterpiece, for any feedback?
If it makes you feel better I will contact one of my sisters-in-law (my niece is only 30-something so I don't think she will qualify as an 'elder').
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Black » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm

That does make me feel better! An indigenous viewpoint on the subject matter won't hurt your cause. Ofcourse, an Aboriginal elder would be more ideal.

bassplyr
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by bassplyr » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 pm

How do aboriginals have a monopoly on a phenomenon reported across the globe?

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm

bassplyr wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 pm
How do aboriginals have a monopoly on a phenomenon reported across the globe?
bassplyr you should realise by now that indigenous folk have to be consulted and exalted especially by the hand wringing, bleeding heart whites and I think I can speak here as my great grandmother was aboriginal.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:59 pm

bassplyr wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 pm
How do aboriginals have a monopoly on a phenomenon reported across the globe?
The poor fellow who ironically accuses me of cultural appropriation yet goes by the user name 'Black' seems to think I need 'permission' to write fiction about Australia's recent historical past if aboriginals are involved... (let alone dare to present a viewpoint speculatively from a Yowie's perspective) (lol)

... to dare make up a story without said permission apparently might insult some folks (no no)

Knowing my Origine relatives quite well I will dare to speak for them and suggest that if I indeed did share his request with them they would laugh, shake their heads and tell him to pull his head in. (They ALL hate the chip-on-the-shoulder, city aboriginals' victim mentality that so many 'guilt-tripping white fellas' like Black support)
(thumb up)
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:09 pm

sensesonfire wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm
bassplyr wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 pm
How do aboriginals have a monopoly on a phenomenon reported across the globe?
bassplyr you should realise by now that indigenous folk have to be consulted and exalted especially by the hand wringing, bleeding heart whites and I think I can speak here as my great grandmother was aboriginal.
Yup... according to my sister our recently departed Grandma told her my likewise recently departed Dad was part aboriginal.
Who knows? Who cares? Why does it matter? ...was my response.

Although proud of their heritage EVERY ONE of my Origine rellies have made their own way in life without making a fuss, and are smart enough to realise any special treatment doled out to them for their skin colour would be the very definition of racism.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:16 am

I have to admit I do make reference to indigenous opinions either with Australia's aboriginals or Native Americans or First Nations people (Canada) A name recently adopted apparently by our own people.
They report incidences with Yowies, Bigfoot, as they see it their background, may not be so inducive to pareidolia perhaps because of lack of understanding of hypothesis and theories. ( (oops) I hope that's not being racist)
These creatures do seem to be entrenched into their cultures having dealt with them way before any caucasian experiences and they are an invaluable source of information.

I hate using politically correct terms such as indigenous and non-indigenous one word infers belonging to the other as alien/nonresident. Well, we all belong together like it or not.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

bassplyr
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by bassplyr » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am

The chinese have documented reports of yeren all the way back to 200bc. That's 2,200 years of sightings. I'm sure you can use the argument that they had oral tradition passing down yeren stories long before then. So really shouldn't wolf be getting permission from the Aboriginal elders, native american elders and writing letters to the chinese consulate asking permission to talk about bigfoot?

Personally i think Aboriginals, native Americans nor the chinese care what we think, say or do about bigfoot. Maybe the ghost of Stephen Hawkings cares though. Wolf have you put in any thought to conducting a seance to contact the ghost of stephen hawkings and ask for his personal permission to write fiction stories about bigfoot.

Also, wolf correct me if im wrong but arent the majority of your stories, save a few, taking place in the united states and are about sasquatch not yowies? If so then whats the logic in demanding wolf to ask Aboriginal elders for permission to write about bigfoot when the nearest sasquatch to Australia is 7,200 miles away...in a separate hemisphere...and continent....on the other side of the earth...inhabited by totally different, unrelated people and culture....

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:16 am

bassplyr wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am
The chinese have documented reports of yeren all the way back to 200bc. That's 2,200 years of sightings. I'm sure you can use the argument that they had oral tradition passing down yeren stories long before then. So really shouldn't wolf be getting permission from the Aboriginal elders, native american elders and writing letters to the chinese consulate asking permission to talk about bigfoot?
Dammit... you're right, didn't think about that! (sneaky)
bassplyr wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am
Personally i think Aboriginals, native Americans nor the chinese care what we think, say or do about bigfoot. Maybe the ghost of Stephen Hawkings cares though. Wolf have you put in any thought to conducting a seance to contact the ghost of stephen hawkings and ask for his personal permission to write fiction stories about bigfoot.
Ah no... I draw the line at seances. Such a lot of bother to go through to write fiction. I'm giving up right now, sorry for wasting everybody's time. (death)
bassplyr wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am
Also, wolf correct me if im wrong but arent the majority of your stories, save a few, taking place in the united states and are about sasquatch not yowies? If so then whats the logic in demanding wolf to ask Aboriginal elders for permission to write about bigfoot when the nearest sasquatch to Australia is 7,200 miles away...in a separate hemisphere...and continent....on the other side of the earth...inhabited by totally different, unrelated people and culture....
Yep, another weird logical fallacy from our resident SJW, Black. (INSERT SIGHING EMOTICON HERE)
I have written one short story of maybe a thousand words or so set in Australia (out of upwards of 250 000 in total).
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Black » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 am

What do you expect to hear in this forum, Wolf? This is Australian Yowie Research, not the Australian Writers Guild.

Here, we research yowie reports, and create hypotheses, not discuss fiction intentionally (unless we're dissing the many tales of Brett J Green or the doctored photos of Paul Mcwhat'shisname). In fact, most researchers won't even pick up a fiction book on the subject and treat such material with utter disdain and contempt.

But, since you chose to be here, maybe you could take a researcher's suggestion?

Indigenous people don't care about your one-dimensional fictional musings, wolf, and clearly you haven't cared what dimensions the indigenous viewpoint can add to your tales. But if you did care, maybe they would return the favor?

Australia's Indigenous people have known about the yowie phenomenon for 60,000 years, which in my opinion and my experience, makes them experts. Plus, you live in Australia. Plus, you have access to hundreds of reports on this website, and research findings.

Why not utilise both these resources, and elevate your books out of the bargain basement bin? Create something indigenous people and researchers alike can at least respect. (respekt) By being original and intelligent, and proving your ability to form a superior opinion, you will elevate the subject material and garner the attention of a much wider reading audience.

Locked