How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

This is a Soap Box section of our Forum where those who hold passionate views/opinions regarding various aspects of Theology, Creation, Religion, Paranormal etc - pertaining to the Yowie can be POLITELY debated, away from our mainstream friendly Yowie / Bigfoot Discussion Board.

Be kind to each other. Our standard rules of etiquette and behaviour apply in all areas of our Forum.
themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by themanfromglad » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:48 pm

By way of finding proof on the internet of whether Stephen Hawking was on sabatical leave in the fall term of 1974, and was at U.C. Berkeley when I passed him everyday on the back sidewalks of that institution, I found the following website that cites 1974 and 1975 as when he was on sabatical leave. "John Preskill
Richard P. Feynman Professor of Theoretical Physics, Caltech
Stephen wrote one of his most famous papers (on the black hole information loss problem) while at Caltech during his sabbatical year in 1974–75, and began making regular visits here in 1991."

This extract came from a website where many acquaintances wrote their Stephen Hawking's obituary. https://physicstoday.scitation.org/do/1 ... 314a/full/

The obituaries seem to imply that Kip Thorne, was not part of his life until after he left U.C. Berkeley in 1976 to 1979. The obituaries claim that Caltech was the advertised location of his sabatical leave. But I already explained that the Federal Government did not want Bigfoot to be in his resume (or autobiography), so his presence at Berkeley was on the hush hush, and his name was kept out of the school newspaper.

In conclusion, the time line that I listed for Stephen Hawking to be on sabatical leave at U.C. Berkeley, works out exactly with this website of obituaries for him.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:15 pm

sensesonfire wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 am
I should have added
So you cannot accept the paranormal in one instance and then state its a cop-out when referencing Yowie or Bigfoot let alone Dogman.
I just don't know what to think about dogman Senses. I believe enough to think twice before heading out bush and never go camping ever ever again but i cant have an opinion of what they are based on the evidence so far.

I wouldnt totally believe in the yowie if i hadnt seen it. I still find it hard to accept that they even exist. (cries)
Yowie Bait

bassplyr
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by bassplyr » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:16 pm

No his time at caltech like i said is one of his most documented years. If you do any minimal research you can find the info i listed just about anywhere that mentions his life in detail.

but that is a great link you found. It further proves and validates my posts just like i said. So thanks for helping my argument. It also does nothing to further your propounding. Which is baseless and outright fiction. No amount of nit picking or half assed gaslighting on your part is going to change the fact you're making up a bunch of none sense.

But at least with your help now the members at AYH know who they can trust to give them accurate info on the topic since here we have a citation, thanks to you, backing up my statements. Good job.

Btw. Thorne and Hawkings first meet in 1965 at a physics convention. They had remained friends since for roughly 50 years.

Although i did get one part of my post wrong. Which adds weight to my statement that i go largely by memory from prior research and study and do not cut n paste. If i had cut n paste, i probably wouldnt have made that small error. Which, by the way, in no means undermines my position that hawkings was not at Berkeley lecturing about bigfoot. Ever entertain the obvious fact that if he was at Berkeley when you said he was standing ...er sitting actually...on a soapbox in public droning about bigfoot to any passerby that would listen like some schitzoid on the street, given his stardom, other people who were at Berkeley at the time would remember that and be talking about it openly? Anyways, turns out he wasn't working directly with kip thorne at caltech. During that time they were joking back and forth over who would ultimately be correct regarding their similar and semi-parallel research on black holes and gravity. Thorne had spent nearly all of his career at caltech hence the minor misstatement on my part. Anyways Hawkings was at caltech under an prestigious appointed scholar position during his sabbatical called the Fairchild visiting professorship. 1975 is the same year he and thorne made a light hearted and famous bet about black holes that Hawkings lost.

Also, what the heck does any of your hawking /bigfoot fiction got to do with the subject of this thread? Move on or take it to a new thread about the topic.

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Senses and thanks for replying to my post. What i mean or am trying to say is that i think the "paranormal" is actually the "normal" but we cannot percieve most of it or understand it as humans have been so dumbed down over the years and basically brainwashed to not believe it.

I say its a cop out because anything we dont understand is filed away as "paranormal" ...
Spot on YB.
Ever since humans first learnt to communicate with other humans and tried to explain things like the weather as acts of God/s, humans have simply explained away that which they do not understand as 'paranormal'.

It is this act that is the 'cop out'. Instead of saying "I don't know what. how or why, lighting happens" (for example) they say, It is something 'magical'.

ALL magic is simply science we do not understand...EVERY magician knows this simple truth.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:16 am

Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Senses and thanks for replying to my post. What i mean or am trying to say is that i think the "paranormal" is actually the "normal" but we cannot percieve most of it or understand it as humans have been so dumbed down over the years and basically brainwashed to not believe it.

I say its a cop out because anything we dont understand is filed away as "paranormal" ...
Spot on YB.
Ever since humans first learnt to communicate with other humans and tried to explain things like the weather as acts of God/s, humans have simply explained away that which they do not understand as 'paranormal'.

It is this act that is the 'cop out'. Instead of saying "I don't know what. how or why, lighting happens" (for example) they say, It is something 'magical'.

ALL magic is simply science we do not understand...EVERY magician knows this simple truth.
So Wolf all of this quoted by Yowie Bait is B/S just some sought of magic we don't understand? So magic is science now never thought I'd here an academic confer that.
Yowie bait wrote:Yowie bait quote: Got that right. I feel stifled talking about this stuff with a fake name on a crypto forum! I have twice seen what i would call ghosts in human forum.

One was the face of a little kid looking through a window at the place i grew up. Others have seen a little girl there sitting on the couch while watching tv! Same room is where i saw ghost cat or ferret thing mentioned in this thread.

Other was a mate who had recently passed away. I was awake in bed and he simply opened the door and walked in towards me. I tried to wake my then partner and then ghost mate shook his head and walked out and closed the door behind him as if to say " you d-head i was going to tell you something". It was full colour and he was wearing this stupid outfit he wore in a home made movie we once made where he was playing a Michael Myers type character escaped lunatic. Also said hed come back if he could. Very weird !

We still have paranormal activity in our place. I dont care what anyone says as its been proven to me over and over again that there is another unseen world and things that arent supposed to be. Science and most academics dont understand as they have been well taught otherwise. Not their fault imo.
.

Any wonder why the scientific world has come to a shuddering halt when trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat (magic) to explain the origins of Yowies,Bigfoot,Dogman.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:29 am

bassplyr wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:25 am
Senses, this thread is about how to solve the problem of members bickering. Going onto such a thread as this and posting off topic things like gladman did is a shining example of what kind of behavior needs to be moderated. If gladman wants to talk about paranormal bigfoots then he found the right sub forum but the wrong thread to do it in. Either find the right thread where thats the topic or make his own and talk about it in there. There is such a thing a forum decorum. Hey that rhymes, we should use that.
Hey bassplyr have you sent out little memo's to all the others posting off-topic or just a selected few. (respekt)
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 am

Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Senses and thanks for replying to my post. What i mean or am trying to say is that i think the "paranormal" is actually the "normal" but we cannot percieve most of it or understand it as humans have been so dumbed down over the years and basically brainwashed to not believe it.

I say its a cop out because anything we dont understand is filed away as "paranormal" ...
Spot on YB.
Ever since humans first learnt to communicate with other humans and tried to explain things like the weather as acts of God/s, humans have simply explained away that which they do not understand as 'paranormal'.

It is this act that is the 'cop out'. Instead of saying "I don't know what. how or why, lighting happens" (for example) they say, It is something 'magical'.

So if a scientist states that they don't know the reason could very well be paranormal. :shock:
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:47 am

So Wolf all of this quoted by Yowie Bait is B/S just some sought of magic we don't understand? So magic is science now never thought I'd here an academic confer that.
Any wonder why the scientific world has come to a shuddering halt when trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat (magic) to explain the origins of Yowies,Bigfoot,Dogman.
[/quote]

Should have said so science is magic now not magic is science.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by themanfromglad » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm

bassplyr wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:34 pm
You know adrian dvir is not a physicist he was educated as a computer engineer, but gave up his career to be a medium. He's also considered a quack. He isnt in any position to make definitive statements about multiple dimensions and space-time. You referencing him as an expert in time is like passing chef Ramsey off as an expert on plate tectonics and telling people to entertain his opinion on the astenosphere of the earths mantle.

Why would they kick time out of the fourth dimension slot when it has nothing to do with invisibility. Also, youre right bigfoot is 4th dimensional. And so are you...and me...and the paper weight on my desk.

Why in 1959 would Lawrence Livermore labs be working on bigfoot specimens. Kinda an odd place to do that when they were only 7 years old at the time and from 1957-1960 up to their ears trying to design and develop the warhead for the polaris and minuteman missiles.

String theory would not be what they would be using to figure out why bigfoot could defy nature and turn invisible. First problem with you siting string theory is that in 1958-1974 string theorists (wasn't called that back then) were focused on trying to understand the strong nuclear force by explaining whats known as strong interactions. Not so much time. String theory eventually got its ass kicked by quantum chromodynamics by the mid 70s and other than in the early 60s it wasn't in vogue and was on the fringes of interest. It bounced back mid 90s to early 2000s and is hanging in there and is focused on explaining quantum gravity through gravitons but is getting shoved aside again by more promising theories like quantum loop gravity. Also gravitons arent in vogue any more either. So string theory isnt the best choice of things to site as to why bigfoots invisible and why time got kicked out of the fourth dimension.

Hawkins gave lectures at Berkeley but didnt work there. He was a Cambridge guy.

His first visit to Berkeley was on a family holiday in 1965 for two weeks. However, at the time he was working on a research fellowship based of of Penrose's math and proving that the cosmic microwave background was proof of a Big Bang. Obviously his work at the time had nothing to do with time in the sense you're thinking. He was referring to the beginning of time at the instance of the big bang.

In 1968 he was still in Cambridge working now in collaboration with Rodger Penrose further developing their proof of the big bang.

In the early 70s he was still in the UK now focusing on black holes. He was very busy during that time writing three seminal works on black holes eventually connecting them to thermodynamics. Obviously too busy to be fussing over bigfoot.

In 1973 he was too busy worrying about whether black holes emit radiation particles and in 1974 while working in cambridge he came out with his theory of hawking radiation.

In 1975 he was still extremely busy at cambridge where he was just awarded a senior post while serving as the Reader there for gravitational physics. ie he still wasn't anywhere near Berkeley in California.

His first lecture and visit to Berkeley for scientific purposes was to give a lecture in march of 1988 on baby universes, then again in april a month later to give a lecture on black holes. Incidentally march 1988 was the date for the publishing of his book A Brief History of Time. Its almost as if the only reason he was at Berkeley was because he was on a press tour for his book giving lectures. Also he first came up with the idea to even start writing a book on science in 1983. Not sure how that fits into your timeline.

You see a theme developing here about mr hawkings?

As for particles being in two places at once and that causing issues with time. Well it doesnt cause problems. Its called superposition and you should probably review it. Besides string theory wasn't the first to figure that out. Its been known about for more than 90 years now. You take statements about waveform collapse via observation and the double slit experiment and completely misunderstand it. Also go review Minkowskie's thoughts about time and why its considered a dimension.

Here's a fun little article about how Stanford University had an object in two places at once. And no issues with time. I know...i know..... But. .... But time!

https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... taneously/

You sound like a bright guy who's either trolling or sadly suffering from dementia or schizophrenia

Also you should look up something thats called a paragraph.
In comparing what bassplyr stated here to Johnny's recollection of what Machio Kiku stated about invisibility being caused by the subject vibrating at a frequency that man cannot see, Johnny not only provided evidence that bassplyr is once again a liar, but that the 4th dimension is defined by string theory because Machio's explanation is 100% string theory.

If one were then to go back and check each individual fact that bassplyr fabricated in the above Disinformation Dialog, it becomes fairly obvious to even the most simple mind that bassplyr is lying through his teeth about everything. Every line is a lie. One lie right after another. Even when he implies that he is somehow a physicist versed in Stephen Hawkings life, he lies through his teeth. One must ask themselves, why is bassplyr so obsessed with attacking every single one of my recollections. Why is it so important to him that he must attempt to discredit it all? My answer is that everything that I stated is either my personal experience, or it is top secret. And it is the top secret stuff that bassplyr attacks the most, from which he attempts to apply those same seeds of doubt to my personal experiences. Does anybody here actually believe that I am lying about walking by Stephen Hawking on a regular basis, in the fall term of 1974? Only a Government Disinformation Agent would have such an agenda to attack my personal experiencs and my recollections, therefore by studying the pattern of his own behavior, bassplyr has inadvertently revealed that he is a mole in Bigfoot/Yowie research that is trying to protect government secrets and is attempting to set the public back at least 60 years. bassplyr further buries himself because he has no field experiences to share, BECAUSE HE HAS NO FIELD EXPERIENCES. Do the math. Would you give the time of day to a person that attacks observations and recollections of a proven field researcher, when the attacker himself has no field experience to share? I doubt it!

I on the other, offer my experiences, observations and recollections, so that Aussie researchers can either file it away so that they can dig it out in the future to help them understand a new field experience or help Aussie researchers out in getting field results without having to spend weeks in the boonies singing kum-bye-yah to the Bigfoot/Yowie.

bassplyr
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by bassplyr » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm

Are you sure you're not trolling gladman?

Anyways, regarding Kaku. Yes hes a string theorist. And hes also famous for sharing his theory that a very special kind of matter called dark matter can make its self "invisible" by vibrating at a different frequency in a slightly different upper dimension. I highly suspect thats what he is alluding to in Johnny's recollection of his interview. If hes using the word bigfoot than its most likely a placeholder for dark matter in the conversation. Sasquatch is not dark matter and can not convert himself to dark matter on a whim.

Bigfoot converting himself back and forth between dark matter and regular matter is ridiculous. And not just on a superficial level of thought, anything vibrating at that different frequency, the way micho has frequently described this particular string theory also prevents anything thats essentially dark matter from interacting with regular matter in any significant way force wise except gravitationally. Dark matter interacts nearly exclusively through gravity. Scientists doubt it, but leave a little wiggle room for dark matter interacting with the other forces in nearly inconsequential miniscule ways. Ie an invisible bigfoot using string theory simply cant pick up a rock and throw it at you. He would also fall through the earth. See this is why its important to actually at least roughly understand physics before you latch on to its namesake and then try to misinterpret it like you do. But it was a nice faceplant you did there.

Gladman very few people in the community consider you a legitimate researcher so why all the butthurt and persistent pathology you exhibit in this thread when your story is seen through? After all this isnt your first time to the rejection rodeo.

Now please just take up your ramblings to a separate thread where that is actually the topic and not this one. If anyone wants to join you in that one they're free to and that way you wouldn't actually be clogging up this thread with off topic crazy delusions of persecution.

User avatar
adventurer
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 am
Position: New Member
Gender: Female
Location: elimbah north brisbane

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by adventurer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:34 pm

bassplyr wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Are you sure you're not trolling gladman?

Anyways, regarding Kaku. Yes hes a string theorist. And hes also famous for sharing his theory that a very special kind of matter called dark matter can make its self "invisible" by vibrating at a different frequency in a slightly different upper dimension. I highly suspect thats what he is alluding to in Johnny's recollection of his interview. If hes using the word bigfoot than its most likely a placeholder for dark matter in the conversation. Sasquatch is not dark matter and can not convert himself to dark matter on a whim.

Bigfoot converting himself back and forth between dark matter and regular matter is ridiculous. And not just on a superficial level of thought, anything vibrating at that different frequency, the way micho has frequently described this particular string theory also prevents anything thats essentially dark matter from interacting with regular matter in any significant way force wise except gravitationally. Dark matter interacts nearly exclusively through gravity. Scientists doubt it, but leave a little wiggle room for dark matter interacting with the other forces in nearly inconsequential miniscule ways. Ie an invisible bigfoot using string theory simply cant pick up a rock and throw it at you. He would also fall through the earth. See this is why its important to actually at least roughly understand physics before you latch on to its namesake and then try to misinterpret it like you do. But it was a nice faceplant you did there.

Gladman very few people in the community consider you a legitimate researcher so why all the butthurt and persistent pathology you exhibit in this thread when your story is seen through? After all this isnt your first time to the rejection rodeo.

Now please just take up your ramblings to a separate thread where that is actually the topic and not this one. If anyone wants to join you in that one they're free to and that way you wouldn't actually be clogging up this thread with off topic crazy delusions of persecution.
I know nothing about all these string theories but
You stated "Gladman very few people in the community consider you a legitimate researcher "
How the hell would you know. Do you run around asking people or just see who challenges his opinions on this forum. Because believe you me iv had dozens of pm's from others who would never speak up on there para stories because of people like you. Statements like that are just more lies.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Senses and thanks for replying to my post. What i mean or am trying to say is that i think the "paranormal" is actually the "normal" but we cannot percieve most of it or understand it as humans have been so dumbed down over the years and basically brainwashed to not believe it.

I say its a cop out because anything we dont understand is filed away as "paranormal" ...
Spot on YB.
Ever since humans first learnt to communicate with other humans and tried to explain things like the weather as acts of God/s, humans have simply explained away that which they do not understand as 'paranormal'.

It is this act that is the 'cop out'. Instead of saying "I don't know what. how or why, lighting happens" (for example) they say, It is something 'magical'.

ALL magic is simply science we do not understand...EVERY magician knows this simple truth.
There's a lot of sleight of hand,distraction, and shock and awe tactics involved ,much like a magician would use to distract from what theyre doing. I cant see how anyone could argue that.

Some of the the distraction tricks and staying still parts in your book are probably spot on.
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Position: Believer

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 pm

sensesonfire wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:47 am
So Wolf all of this quoted by Yowie Bait is B/S just some sought of magic we don't understand? So magic is science now never thought I'd here an academic confer that.
Any wonder why the scientific world has come to a shuddering halt when trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat (magic) to explain the origins of Yowies,Bigfoot,Dogman.
Should have said so science is magic now not magic is science.
[/quote]
The whole point of magic is to decieve people. The same thing you say that the nephlin yowies and dogman are doing.
Yowie Bait

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:40 pm

Yowie bait wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pm
Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm
Yowie bait wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Senses and thanks for replying to my post. What i mean or am trying to say is that i think the "paranormal" is actually the "normal" but we cannot percieve most of it or understand it as humans have been so dumbed down over the years and basically brainwashed to not believe it.

I say its a cop out because anything we dont understand is filed away as "paranormal" ...
Spot on YB.
Ever since humans first learnt to communicate with other humans and tried to explain things like the weather as acts of God/s, humans have simply explained away that which they do not understand as 'paranormal'.

It is this act that is the 'cop out'. Instead of saying "I don't know what. how or why, lighting happens" (for example) they say, It is something 'magical'.

ALL magic is simply science we do not understand...EVERY magician knows this simple truth.
There's a lot of sleight of hand,distraction, and shock and awe tactics involved ,much like a magician would use to distract from what theyre doing. I cant see how anyone could argue that.

Some of the the distraction tricks and staying still parts in your book are probably spot on.
Yup, not to mention elements we do not yet understand (such as possible light frequencies being used, mental projection being possible at certain 'wavelengths', etc).

(BTW, just completed volume 2, A Burning World 1st edit.
It's even more intense than volume 1 IMO.)
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:49 pm

sensesonfire wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:47 am
So Wolf all of this quoted by Yowie Bait is B/S just some sought of magic we don't understand? So magic is science now never thought I'd here an academic confer that.
Any wonder why the scientific world has come to a shuddering halt when trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat (magic) to explain the origins of Yowies,Bigfoot,Dogman.
Should have said so science is magic now not magic is science.
[/quote]

Magic has always been science.

Or rather knowledge in how 'things work' that 'non-magical' people don't have.

For example, I can make a stick jump all by itself and make it appear as if I am using mental projection to achieve it. For those who don't understand the physics of it and how the human eye perceives movement it looks like magic. (detective)
It is knowledge in both these things that allows me to fool even physics majors with this very simple trick. (curse)
I've had science students almost getting headaches trying to replicate it using 'their minds' (lol)
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Searcher » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:51 am

Wolf wrote:
For example, I can make a stick jump all by itself and make it appear as if I am using mental projection to achieve it. For those who don't understand the physics of it and how the human eye perceives movement it looks like magic. (detective)
Hey Wolf,

How about a short video demonstrating your illusion. A little visual enlightenment would be worth the proverbial 1000 words...

Shouldn't be too difficult for a former professional cameraman! :)

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:14 am

Sorry, couldn't be bothered filming and uploading it myself.

But I did think, this is such a simple trick there HAS to be a youtube about it... and yep, there are lots.

So here you go mate, 'telekinesis at work': (woot)

https://youtu.be/Smmzcdp2we4
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:19 am

If anyone wants to see some more examples of 'paranormal activity' I suggest searching for some Derren Brown videos.

This one, in which Derren demonstrates how to use his amazing mental powers to pass off blank paper as real money, is a great start:

https://youtu.be/dy75GtKsOAw


For anyone who knows how the human mind works, the 'trick' and how he does it becomes quickly obvious. But to his victims and those watching it is paranormal (mental powers beyond normal).
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Searcher » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:04 pm

Wolf wrote:
So here you go mate, 'telekinesis at work': (woot)
Yep... that link did the trick! Thanks.

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by themanfromglad » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:58 pm

I have been here years longer than bassplyr. In those years I received many civil questions and noticed many open minded researchers, when I discussed the paranormal Bigfoot/Yowie. And I gave tips on how to reproduce in the field, the observations that I was making. With the five primary tools being broadcasting authentic Bigfoot/Yowie howls, use some aromatic cooked meat, record and listen with super high sensitive audio receivers, to be followed up with attempts at 2-way communication and provide them with some comfort music. Now bassplyr surfaces and he attacks all of my paranormal historical recollections, even those that are verifiable, on the Controversial, Conjecture and Fringe Subject Matter portion of this website. When the one requirement to place messages in this portion, was to discuss open mindedly, and ask questions about the paranormal observations and recollections that are welcomed on this portion of the website. However the minimum requirement is stated, bassplyr appears to have repeatedly failed to meet that requirement, and on top of that, he appears to have resorted to a massive fabrication of facts in order to appear to "win" arguments. When those fabricated facts are fact checked, they fail. Yet bassplyr continues on as if he was not shown to be a liar, and returns again to the offense to cite further false claims in his attack on a seasoned, highly experienced field researcher with an extraordinary resume of observations of what the U.S. Federal Government has been both doing and teaching. When one asks why would bassplyr be so motivated to attack the people that report their extraordinary observations, in a place where extraordinary observations are to be discussed open mindedly, the list of possible explanations is short.

I will then take this opportunity to remind readers of the 4 rules of fraudulent debunkers as prepared by the late UFO researcher, Stanton Friedman, and add a fifth rule.
1. Don’t bother me with facts, my mind is made up.
2. What the public doesn’t know I won’t tell them.
3. If you can’t attack the data attack the people; it’s easier.
4. State your position by proclamation. It’s easier to say there is no evidence because you don’t need to do anything to back that up.
5. Fabricate historical facts that support your position, because it's easier.

bassplyr appears to meet all of the above criteria.

User avatar
Dion
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Dion » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 am

Wolf wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:19 am
If anyone wants to see some more examples of 'paranormal activity'.......

For anyone who knows how the human mind works, the 'trick' and how he does it becomes quickly obvious. But to his victims and those watching it is paranormal (mental powers beyond normal).
Found this one this morning, Oh and BTW this thread has gone so off topic I thought I'd add to it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8SVhCIR
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1163
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Shazzoir » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:20 am

"it becomes fairly obvious to even the most simple mind that bassplyr is lying through his teeth about everything. Every line is a lie. One lie right after another. Even when he implies that he is somehow a physicist versed in Stephen Hawkings life, he lies through his teeth."

When your 'argument' descends to insulting your opponent
You must admit you won't be the most popular proponent
Of what is right or what is wrong or what is fact or fiction
Just play nice, and don't name-call while having your opinion.

We are all supposedly adults here, but all I see is ego-driven aggression and intolerance.

If you don't believe something, fine. That's not free slather for those of opposing views to dog-pile on. In case such a thing seems justified to you, the science says that rarely does doing so actually change a person's mind on a subject.

Some great easy reading;

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 ... -our-minds

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/articl ... ples_minds

And substitute 'crypto beliefs' for the word 'political' in this one, and it seems more or less still true. In part, this bit; "Partisan identities get tied up in our personal identities. Which would mean that an attack on our strongly held beliefs is an attack on the self. And the brain is built to protect the self."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/ ... ange-minds

Cheers
Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

User avatar
Black
Silver Status
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am
Position: Monk

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Black » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:28 pm

It is difficult to discuss even paranormal abilities as sleight of hand, because the underlying tenet becomes the yowie is flesh and blood - despite the fact the yowie leaves no bones or bodies behind and takes blurry photos. The entire bigfoot community worldwide, is dogged by the flesh and blood vs paranormal believers. I don't thhink a paranormal bigfoot would need to employ sleight of hand or mentalism.

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Searcher » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Shazz wrote:
We are all supposedly adults here, but all I see is ego-driven aggression and intolerance.
Agreed. Neal the Gladman has shown extraordinary vitriol in his responses to bassplyr’s comments on his posts. He displays anger that I believe is borderline unacceptable on AYR. And all because bassplyr did not agree with him.

This thread is an initiative by Rusty and is all about “fixing the problems between opinions”. It won’t be mended by constant accusations of lying, abuse and personal attacks.

It is clear bassplyr’s knowledge of real world physics is at a very high level while all of Neal’s unproven assumptions of captured Bigfoot at Lawrence Livermore, etc, are offered without a shred of evidence.

If it is true, how about some eyewitness testimonies? Take Roswell for example. The government wanted to keep it a secret, but a large number of people have since come forward and gone on record, many under oath, to state they were involved in some way with the crashed craft.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:25 pm

There is absolutely no evidence to support a flesh and blood Yowie, Bigfoot or Dogman and whether they are or not remains an enigma until such time as a body is produced so I would suggest the paranormal argument holds the upper hand.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Searcher wrote:It is clear bassplyr’s knowledge of real world physics is at a very high level while all of Neal’s unproven assumptions of captured Bigfoot at Lawrence Livermore, etc, are offered without a shred of evidence.
And this is the problem with real world physics they are completely out of touch with anything that is inexplicable (paranormal/supernatural) coming up with all types of explanations to support their side of the argument and we are never going to see eye to eye because we have a completely different set of beliefs.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by sensesonfire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:09 pm

The paranormal cannot be addressed by science at all. Science is a marvelous tool for helping us understand the natural world, but out of touch with the paranormal and because science only deals with natural phenomena and explanations it cannot support or contradict the existence of supernatural entities - like God (or Bigfoot, Yowie, Dogman and the likes)
 Science investigates the natural world, while religion deals with the spiritual and supernatural/paranormal.  :o
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

bassplyr
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by bassplyr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:31 pm

I dont feel science is the enemy of paranormal. Personally i believe that most things considered paranormal will eventually be resolved by science. They're not mutually incompatible in my view.

In the past things that are well understood now were once considered paranormal. Eclipses and lightening were thought to be divine and supernatural in nature. But now, through science, we understand them. What was once paranormal is now considered part of the natural world.

As for myself, im not necessarily opposed to the paranormal as I've had more than a few experiences I'd chalk up as currently paranormal. But i also believe my experiences will one day be figured out by science. I also know a few brilliant physicists who share the same thoughts and have open minds about the paranormal. They too ponder scientific hypothesis that could eventually lead to theories or answers as to what certain paranormal may actually be.

I myself have a hypothesis proposing the human brain can indeed preceive, utilise and interact in a limited manner with quantum processes by combining Penrose and hammeroffs quantum consciousness theories on nanotubes in the brain , quantum fluctuations of electromagnetic vacua, phased coding of optic nerve pathways signals and holographic bragg conditions in the visual cortex to explain certain paranormal phenomena such as telepathy and even remote viewing or psychic cognition.

As most can figure out by now, i dont subscribe to bigfoot being supernatural. And i do think things like track castings, recorded vocalizations and even blurry photos lend more weight tipping the scales more towards natural than paranormal, which in my opinion has far less evidence thats mostly limited to anecdotes.

I think bigfoot is natural. And, on AYH I've presented previously mechanisms where infrasound can interfere with the visual cortex and cause a visual blind spot at what youre directly looking at making things seemingly disappear. That in itself doesnt explain things like tracks that disappear, but maybe a skilled tracker would see something most people dont when examining those same tracks. People skilled in bushcraft have been known to posses skillsets that make tracks suddenly very difficult to follow where the trail appears to suddenly dead-end. Why cant bigfoot?

I also think that paranormal anecdotes can be a valuable tool in explaining unknown or poorly understood yowie, sasquatch behavior and phenomena. If youre describing something very strange theres always a chance that the collected observations may dovetail with understood but little known science and lead to a breakthrough or eureka moment. So paranormal forums are important and useful in their own way.

What i dont understand is writing something off because it befuddles you as simply supernatural and never to be truly understood. If thats ones belief, then i struggle with the logic behind even trying to research it. I mean what then is the point of studying the paranormal if youre intent is to just dismiss it as unfathomable in the end.

As for never being able to see "eye to eye" and thus the two should never interact. I disagree with that too and i cite my interactions with AYH member Searcher as a good example. We both have mostly opposing viewpoints in the ufo section and yet we both get along and can co-inhabit the same forum discussing the topic at hand. We dont denigrate each other and the end result is lively debate. Its called having a conversation.

In the end i suppose theres a difference between "seeing eye to eye" and simply refusing to look the other in the eye.

User avatar
Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/
Contact:

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by Wolf » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:16 pm

I refer to 'knowledge of how humans see/physics/magic tricks' as example only.

By extension, who are we to assume we know everything that is to be known about wavelengths... after all literally EVERYTHING, matter, sound, light is made up of wavelengths is it not?

Modern humans are exactly like ALL 'modern humans' before them... arrogant in the amount of what they THINK they know.

Future generations (if we, as a species, survive) will look back on our level of 'knowledge' about things as we look upon the Victorians now.

What we do not know we explain away as 'paranormal' magic, or these days... "woo".

Nothing should ever be completely discounted by the scientific mind, no matter how absurd it might appear.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

bassplyr
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 am

Re: How do we fix the problem between opinions ?

Unread post by bassplyr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Totally agree with you wolf. Which is why i dont discount the paranormal. Throw enough scientists and money at it and they'll start figuring out the mechanics behind various paranormal phenomena.

But the two have to find a way to work together constructively. The scientists have to have an open mind about whats being reported and not dismiss it outright. But they still have to look at it objectively to get yo the bottom of it. And on the other hand the paranormal believers need to be open to accepting what the scientists bring back after they've done that work even if the answer means the phenomena wasn't what they thought it was.

Also you are correct. Light, sound and even matter all possess qualities such as wavelengths. Although matter in and if its self is not a wavelength so much as light or sound could be described as one. If you want to read up on wavelengths pertaining to matter look up the de broglie's wavelength and matter-waves.

Locked