Mark Barton's encounter

This is a Soap Box section of our Forum where those who hold passionate views/opinions regarding various aspects of Theology, Creation, Religion, Paranormal etc - pertaining to the Yowie can be POLITELY debated, away from our mainstream friendly Yowie / Bigfoot Discussion Board.

Be kind to each other. Our standard rules of etiquette and behaviour apply in all areas of our Forum.
User avatar
Bluedog
Silver Status
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 am
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bluedog » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:53 pm

Rustys dedication and contributions to Australian Yowie research is unquestionable, the time and $$$ Rusty has invested into researching the subject goes to show the considerable lengths he has gone to find answers.
Rustys Youtube channel has always dealt in facts , not unsupported claims ,rumors or crazy bullshit stories.
To Rusty ,you have my upmost respect and I thankyou for the efforts you have gone to trying to prove the existence of the yowie.
The more I learn, the less I know.

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Searcher » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:51 pm

I feel sorry for you, Neal Burgstahler. Is accusing Rusty of being part of a ‘government mole scam’ the best you can do? It must be a modus operandi as you threw the same ludicrous accusations at bassplyr not long ago.

As far as serious researchers go, in my opinion, you are not even qualified to tie Rusty’s bootlaces. I have watched and marvelled at the professionalism of Rusty’s YouTube Yowie investigation videos. Suggest you also watch and learn from one of Australia’s most respected researchers. I have also laughed out loud after watching some videos you were involved in.

No themanfromglad… we will not cop people posting as fact loads of totally unproven stories with zero evidence and then putting the onus us to prove they are false. That’s not on.

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by themanfromglad » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 am

I have not been involved in any videos, so your attack is without merit. One of the great scams in Bigfoot research in the U.S. is Rusty's scam. Basically, they claim that "we are following the scientific method", which of course requires repeated visual proof of everything. By definition, then this scam eliminates all invisible proof because it cannot be photographed. Where upon they bring out there old paranormal buster saying, "if there is no picture, then it didn't happen." Again, that eliminates all paranormal reports, so the researchers get to continue to comfortably believe that the Bigfoot are just another common forest animal. Rusty further ridicules the recollection of experiences, while forgetting that he himself will not hesitate to recollect a field experience if he ever has one. Throwing a lot of money at research, means nothing and does not by itself qualify Rusty as "the great decider". What would qualify Rusty for something, is to cite a specific contribution that he and he alone has made, that potentially can further the understanding in Yowie research. I just cited above, my contribution that I and I alone have contributed to Bigfoot/Yowie research, that allows those that are present in the field, to prove to themselves and themselves alone, that there is something large, invisible and bipedal, that answers to Bigfoot howls, in the boonies. So where is the great Rusty's contribution?

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by themanfromglad » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:55 am

Rusty2 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:59 pm
Are you really going to just sit there and tell us to believe it all ?
This is where you have completely lost focus of my sharing of my recollection. I am not telling you or anyone else to believe everything or anything that I recollect. But your statement here, cleverly attempts to put words into my mouth, that I never said for apparently, the sole purpose of discrediting my recollection. Perhaps, as you stated, that you find it so incredible. In the U.S. and among experienced paranormal Bigfoot researchers, THERE IS NOTHING INCREDIBLE ABOUT TALKING TO A BIGFOOT. So you drew the wrong conclusion about my experience in that category, and then thought to expand it to include apparently, all of my recollections, and contributions. When your original basis was without merit. Now, I will consider that you live in another country and the Yowie may very well not be interested in making friends with any of you blokes, so the concept of actually talking to one for several hours and have him peacefully remain listening, is beyond your comprehension. Which is not your fault. But perhaps, you ought to try something new and attempt to change the attitude of the Yowie in Australia, one Yowie at a time. Also note here, I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO TRY SOMETHING, I AM SUGGESTING. Big difference.

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Searcher » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:38 am

themanfromglad wrote:
I have not been involved in any videos...
More porky pies!

Here's a frame grab to jog the old memory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by themanfromglad » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 pm

That was my almost entirely staged submittal to Rictor Riolo, in his attempt to make some entertaining video of a Sierra kill site expedition, after the fact. This was shot in Oregon, whereas the kill site is 500 miles south. So it was pure comedy, sprinkled with a few authentic recordings of various forest creatures. About the only authentic thing in that video, was the branch break near the beginning. Since Rictor Riolo was 100% into discrediting everyone associated with the paranormal Bigfoot, Justin Smeja and as many other people as he could get on his film. He twisted my contribution recording around, failed to use most of it, and attempted to belittle my knowledge that I acquired in the field. Riolo has since dropped out of the Bigfoot researcher scene because he was unable to make a living off of it or be recognized as an expert, perhaps because he had been camping about 3 times in his entire life, and was deathly afraid that a Bigfoot was going to kill since he was gay. Especially an invisible one. That was meant to be comedy, and certainly not a documentary of any kind. So shoot me.

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Searcher » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:10 pm

themanfromglad wrote:
That was meant to be comedy, and certainly not a documentary of any kind. So shoot me.
Don't need to. By denying you have been involved in any videos, you have already shot yourself in the foot! (2guns)

User avatar
Bluedog
Silver Status
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 am
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bluedog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:12 pm

I'm sure Rusty knows alot more about the Yowie than he let's on.
If he can't substantiate it he isn't going to present it.
We all are interested in finding answers or we wouldn't be on this site.
Live and let live.
The more I learn, the less I know.

User avatar
Bluedog
Silver Status
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 am
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bluedog » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:43 pm

To Neal, I always find your posts interesting and occasionally thought provoking.
I'm sure you have a thick skin.
I see on American bigfoot forums you have been subjected to some pretty full on abuse.
Like Senses on fire your thoughts, beliefs are 100% true in your reality.
It's not for me to discredit what you believe, but we all reserve the right to question your claims and ask you to substantiate what you say.
I for one would like you post a link to some footage, newspaper articles of Jimmy Carter saying bigfoot are real and paranormal on January 23rd 1981.
This must have been ground breaking and very controversial news in the USA and must have been reported world wide.
If this happened there must be a record of it.
I'm sure if Bob Hawke (Australian Prime Minister) came out and said Bunyips are real to news crews we would have some record of it?
I find it hard to believe that if an American president came out and stated this to news crews we would have no evidence of it?
Or was it totally covered up and swept under the rug?
Please share any proof you may have that this actually happened.
I thankyou in advance for when you share this evidence with us.
The more I learn, the less I know.

User avatar
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Position: Believer
Location: East Coast

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Rusty2 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:07 pm

Yowiebait , Searcher , BlueDog , thanks for the support , I appreciate it !
Does everyone have their popcorn ?

themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
I have no credibility?
No , you don't , not here . You haven't presented us with anything that we can judge your credibility or character . IE , we don't even know who Neil is let alone whether he's credible .
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
government mole scam
LOL , your paranoid , your taking this whole subject waaay too seriously and your burning yourself in the process because your too close to the fire .
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
You forgot that you previously attacked me in the exact same way on this forum in the past,
I haven't forgoten anything and you missed the point as usual . I called you out because you were saying things that you couldn't back up (controversial) and you were saying it in the wrong section of the forum .
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
Regarding whether I talked to an invisible presence for several hours or not
Neil , I don't care who you talk to .
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
I really don't care whether you believe me or not, because you don't count.
LOL , Neil , I don't really care what you think and I don't lie in bed at night wondering what some guy on the internet thinks about me . If YOU do then you have a problem
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
Because you are not a person that is interested in sharing experiences, since you have none.
There you go again stating opinions as facts . Pretty obvious you don't know anything about me .
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
You have furthermore contributed absolutely nothing to Bigfoot/Yowie research.
Would you like a shovel to dig that hole a little deeper ?
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
So in your insane jealousy
Wow , I can see I've really hit a nerve . Don't say anything stupid , we really don't want to ban anyone .
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
in hopes of achieving the government mission that you are on,
I seriously think you should see a psychologist .
themanfromglad wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm
Mark Barton like yourself, is not an authority on anything. He has no idea what entity is mindspeaking to him, so he is unqualified to suggest that it was not a Bigfoot. So it is completely irrelevant what he says in his entire video.
Neil knows best .
themanfromglad wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 am
I have not been involved in any videos
Your exposing yourself .
themanfromglad wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 am
they claim that "we are following the scientific method", which of course requires repeated visual proof of everything.
No it doesn't . The key distinguishing feature of science is falsifiability. All good science is subject to being falsified, or proven to be false, by experimental data or observations. Anything that can not be tested and subjected to the possibility of being proven wrong is not science .
themanfromglad wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 am
Rusty further ridicules the recollection of experiences
I don't recall ridiculing anyone , I may have certainly corrected anyone who states opinions as facts .
themanfromglad wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 am
What would qualify Rusty for something, is to cite a specific contribution that he and he alone has made, that potentially can further the understanding in Yowie research.
I'm not here to prove anything to you .
themanfromglad wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:55 am
the sole purpose of discrediting my recollection. Perhaps, as you stated, that you find it so incredible
No , I find you incredible , as in NON-credible .
Just for the record Neil , I don't hate or dislike you . I am here to perform a function and that is to keep this website credible . It is bigger than me , you and anyone else on here and I'll defend it as best as I can . I'm sorry if you've taken offence to me calling you out but it is my duty . It's not just us one here , there area other people watching and if we don't point the finger at ourselves then someone else will do it for us .
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions Neil but not their own facts . Have a great weekend !

tomo8r
Approved Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 pm
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by tomo8r » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:40 am

Soooo ... manfromglad, if you've finished protesting waaaaay to much, can you provide a link to a newspaper article of a video clip to Jimmy Carter admitting to the existence of Bigfoot?

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by sensesonfire » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Bluedog wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:43 pm
To Neal, I always find your posts interesting and occasionally thought provoking.
I'm sure you have a thick skin.
I see on American bigfoot forums you have been subjected to some pretty full on abuse.
Like Senses on fire your thoughts, beliefs are 100% true in your reality.
Hi Bluedog,
I like your approach and rationality. Researchers like Neal are never going to be accepted by the F&B only support group no matter what evidence or opinions they lay down on the table very much like myself but I'm not interested if people support my views or not I would like them to see the truth but I don't force people to accept beliefs that fall outside of their own scientific paradigms. I present my research and it's obvious there are many, many thousands of people that are receptive to the Biblical viewpoint.

I have no doubt that themanfromglad has experienced the paranormal/supernatural Bigfoot that other researchers can only dream about I support all the field research that Neil has discovered but where we differ is the origins.
Cheers.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

themanfromglad
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by themanfromglad » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:53 pm

In regard to President Carters public statement to TV news cameras, the last time I checked, the fact that the Bigfoot are paranormal, appears to be a top secret that the US Government does not allow to be in the public record that they control. But as luck would have it, President Jimmy Carter is still very much alive and is available for questions. So ask him. And I believe that others have recently asked him the same question so his memory will be fresh on what he stated publicly about Bigfoot. But none of you will attempt to contact him because you are researchers and researchers by definition, are too lazy to research something that they don't want to find out the answer to.

In regard to Rusty's outlandish demand for internet presentable proof of any paranormal Bigfoot experience, that is ridiculous to the point of being absurd beyond all comprehension. Paranormal means invisible. Invisible means that it does not show up on digital video cameras, by definition. If I had stated that a Bigfoot that I talked to for several was visible, then you have the problem that Bigfoot refuse to allow themselves to be photographed, if they have any say in the matter. And then there is the CGI and photoshop elements that can be used to make believable videos and photographs, and I have not even got to all the great costumes out there. Finally, there is never an internet site where someone isn't shouting "hoaxer". So all of you scientific minded researchers have already shot yourselves in the foot, over and over again, so that you now are pushing yourselves around in wheelchairs. In conclusion, it is totally ridiculous for Rusty to demand internet presentable video proof of something that is invisible. Period.

To then use my failure to accomplish the impossible, as reason enough to try and discredit what I have learned and share for free here, well, that is just plain pathetic. And it is fraud. This extension of demands probably has something to do with the reason why Australian researchers, have apparently not yet even thought about talking to the yowie, in order to achieve some type of communication and a better relationship with something that can rip their heads off. It further appears that jealousy of not yet been caught up with the Americans, has struck a nerve as well. But you will all get over it in time, once you inadvertently take me up on my suggestion and do something other than pretend that you are out in the boonies with a dumb animal, that somehow thwarts your every move to document their existence. Hint: they are reading your minds, your thoughts and your dreams as you scheme in camp about how to see one or photograph them. So they are seeing your game plan before you even begin to execute it, which allows them to win at the game ordinarily. Whispering your plans is a complete waste of time. The above is all my opinion of course, that is based on my 16 years of Bigfoot research utilizing call blasting and other techniques to generate hundreds of experiences, some before witnesses such as night shift patrolman for the Quinault Indian Reservation in Washington, Lionel Smith, who was later promoted to run the sherrif's office there. Go ahead and piss on my experience, just to prove how unprofessional you are. And especially piss on my and my alone contribution for describing how to prove to those present, that a Bigfoot or Yowie is paranormal by using the call blasting of Bigfoot/Yowie howls and extremely sensitive microphones. Piss on it all, just to prove that you are unprofessional, are jealous and in all probability will never contribute one iota to Yowie research.

User avatar
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Position: Believer
Location: East Coast

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Rusty2 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Get over it Neil

User avatar
Bluedog
Silver Status
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 am
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bluedog » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:11 am

Letter sent to the Carter Centre (the only address for correspondence with the former President)
Asking him to validate claims made by a Mr Neal Burgstahler, that on January 23rd 1981 that he said to a news crew that "bigfoot are real and paranormal"
Let's see if I get a response?
The more I learn, the less I know.

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Searcher » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:59 am

Good luck with that, Bluedog!

I'd suggest the Carter story is concocted and/or a product of delusional recollections.

Having worked in TV news for quite a few years, I would say the footage, if genuine, would have been immediately copied multiple times and syndicated all over the world. Obviously that did not happen.

User avatar
Bluedog
Silver Status
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 am
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bluedog » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Yes Searcher I too find it incredibly hard to believe a former US President (Carter wasn't President on the date stated by Neal) could come out and say that bigfoot are real and paranormal in front a news crew and there be absolutely no record of it?
Neal was whining about people pissing on him and his theories in his last post?
Maybe it's time for Neal to stop
pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining!!!
The more I learn, the less I know.

tomo8r
Approved Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 pm
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by tomo8r » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:10 pm

I have learnt that Jimmy Carter was once attacked by a wild rabbit whilst fishing.

He also saw a UFO and may have upset a Bigfoot whilst visiting some rock carvings to try and understand his encounter.


But no video of him making claims. :(

Bear
Approved Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 6:31 am

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bear » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 pm

My feeling is Mark Barton is trying to deceive with this video. Normal body function when you cry is your eyes water and nose runs. This is not negotiable. Mark does neither...

I find this video incredibly hard to watch due to his deception.

Bear
Approved Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 6:31 am

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bear » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Sorry had to post again. Check Daniela's face throughout the whole thing. She is not convinced. Actually made me laugh out loud.

User avatar
Bluedog
Silver Status
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 am
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bluedog » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:54 pm

No response yet from the Carter Centre!
It's been 6 weeks?
The more I learn, the less I know.

Austral
Bronze Status
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:10 am

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Austral » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:24 pm

No one here knows what the f&$% a yowie or bigfoot is ! The ones wbo say they do are full of s#@t.
This bickering is just backward steps in finding out any facts and a few of you involved have lost status with me because of it.
Lets just listen to whoever wants to voice there opinion and just make up your own mind about it and be done with it.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by sensesonfire » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:46 am

Austral wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:24 pm

This bickering is just backward steps in finding out any facts and a few of you involved have lost status with me because of it.
I agree with you Austral everyone has an opinion of what Yowies and Bigfoot are and it would be a short and boring conversation if everybody had the same opinion.

I have mine and there is no way I would be influenced by other people's suggestions. The only way I would change my convictions is by scientists/academics coming up with some hardcore evidence of their origins and because of the fact that most scientists don't even believe in their existence, this is just not going to happen.

You say this bickering is just backward steps in finding out any facts I agree with that too but I'm afraid facts at the moment are as scarce as ''hen's teeth'' and I can't see the situation improving. :(
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Position: Believer
Location: East Coast

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Rusty2 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:03 am

The problem is bigger than 1 argument in 1 thread .

Once you detach from this hobby and look from a distance you get a better perspective of who's who , what matters , what doesn't and what anyone can actually do about the problems .

AYR has 3 major problems . 1. No one believes us 2. we're capable of being our own worst enemy and 3. people become emotionally attached to the subject like a baby on it's mothers breast .

I see AYR as a business . We're selling a product but not many people are buying it . Because AYR is a business , we have employees (members) and employees are a crucial part of our business . Having worked in the building industry for 37 years I can tell you that our conduct , our product and our credibility as a professional business is crucial to our employment . Without these elements we're out of a job , unemployable .

Just as important are our employees and the conduct of our employees is a major part of who we are and our ability to get things done . Unfortunately , high quality employees are few are far between and when the rare ones come along they're quickly snapped up . Low quality employees are a dime a dozen and can end up costing us thousands of dollars and precious time because of a lack of professionalism , drug and alcohol abuse and mental illness . No joke , the building industry is full of them .

Low quality employees are a disaster for us . They don't show up , their word means nothing , they do drugs or go to the pub at lunchtime and they WILL lie straight to your face to cover their arse . I've seen it at work and I've seen it here .

So , AYR has an ongoing problem with bullshitters or low quality members . It's only a few that shoot the rest of us in the foot .
In my opinion there are 8 categories of bullshitters . Story tellers , claim artists , liars , screamers , sneakers , frauds , bullies and wannbees . I've seen them all and it just amazes me what people will do and say to be "the one" . The one that cracks the code , the one that puts the puzzle together , the one that solves the problem . They all "wannabe" THE ONE" .

With all bullshitters , they're eventually asked to provide evidence for what they're saying and when they get found out then all hell breaks loose . There's crying , shouting , name calling , finger pointing and legal threats . It's upsetting for everyone and not a good look for us .
Another problem with bullshitters is that the claims and stories escalate and if not taken care of , become like a fire and are very difficult to put out . Every member on here pays a price because of one person . All round it's a nasty experience for everyone and we lose members .

Technically , anyone on here can say what ever they want in the correct section and there's an easy way to do it .
Instead of saying YOWIES ARE ALIENS ! FALSE , no one really knows what they are , just put it a different way , I BELIEVE yowies are aliens , it isn't that hard .
But ONE person saying that yowies ARE aliens is selfish , thoughtless , arrogant and shoots EVERY MEMBER on this website in the foot . However if you were to say that I BELIEVE that yowies are aliens then it becomes one member who owns that statement and the rest of us don't have to wear it . It's your belief , not mine .

Now whether you believe that yowies are aliens , demons , interdimensional , paranormal or prehistoric survivors is your decision and I respect everyone's belief because if we're all being honest with ourselves then we must acknowledge that no one really knows who or what they are .

I don't know what happened to Mark in his encounter but I think it's pretty obvious that something has changed him and I'm prepared to believe that he had some extraordinary experience , what ever that may have been .

As for ManFromGlad and quite a number of members before him , he has burnt himself . He's disregarded every member on here to FORCE his own personal beliefs upon the rest of us , he has no facts for what he's said , discredited Marks account and exploded when I asked for evidence of what he was saying . He's emotionally inseparable from this subject and his belief and will lie to protect it .

Now if I've failed as a moderator then I apologise and take responsibility for that but regardless of whether my name is green red or white I will continue to call them out .

User avatar
Bluedog
Silver Status
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 am
Position: Believer

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Bluedog » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Well said Rusty.
The more I learn, the less I know.

User avatar
Dion
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Dion » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:16 am

Gday Rusty

You have made some nice points but I would also have to disagree with many parts of what you have put forward. I'll keep it short and explain my views as to why.

Personally, I dont see AYR as a business at all, its a collective group of individuals who have come together all with different philosophy's and life experiences not one or two the same. To presume AYR is a business is to imply they are paying there employees to meet a standard that is of a like mind with one goal, and that cant be further from the truth.

Life is full of people who are different..... and not all are going to agree with one another either, there is certainly no guidebook to Yowie research as much as people think there is, and without some hard truth (facts) we will continue to hypothesise. Whether people say a Yowie is this or it is that does not matter to me because everyone is different with their life experiences, what is an experience for one is totally different to another. Even if they were in the same room experiencing the same thing there would be a different opinion. Therefore absolutely no one is going to come together in some kind of miracle of a collective mind with “good vibes man” all round, difference of opinions will always be there.

I accept people for who they are, there flaws or there halo’s, especially when it comes to a personal philosophy in a subject no one has an answer for.

In regards to everyone wanting to be “THE ONE” I couldnt care less about it, if someone aspires to crack the code, solve the puzzle or the problem well good on them. Its no different to someone in any profession trying to aspire to create a better world by solving a mystery. If people didnt set goals for themselves there would be a lot of people with there heads in the sand.

The fact that this subject does attract a whole range of people (members) with many different personalities makes for some interesting conversation, yes some on the fringe and some with mental health conditions but they for one moment should not be looked down or frowned upon.

I do agree with you about calling out the bullshitters and fake artists however.

Anyway we are all equal here, no one yet has the answers so while there is a void of hard truth (facts) let the debates continue I say.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Searcher
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Searcher » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:19 pm

It was really good to hear two of our Moderators speak their minds. Both Rusty and Dion made excellent points.

It was always clear to me that Rusty’s comparison of AYR to a business was just an ANALOGY to help make a point. I thought it was fine and it worked for me.

IMHO, it’s possible one day, Australia will have a hugely controversial, major Yowie case to deal with. Big enough to draw in mainstream media. Then the traffic on this website will increase more than 100 fold overnight as people scramble for information on this elusive creature.

The AYR site will always need to be prepared for this hypothetical yet quite possible event. And having responsible Moderators with firm views to keep the content accountable is a good way to achieve this readiness.

User avatar
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Position: Believer
Location: East Coast

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Rusty2 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi Dion , yeah , I know , everyone's different and I respect that . It's a good thing that we're all different .

When I said AYR is a business , maybe I should have said AYR could be seen as a business . We are selling something , an idea . The point I was trying to make though was that troublesome individuals/employees (members) , as with a business , can be harmful to us .

Bullshitters are disruptive to the natural flow of ideas and conversation and can intimidate some members into silence . Like you said , we're all equal . But as you know some people are always right even when they're wrong .
Bullshitters know that shouting and arguing is intimidating and use it as a weapon to silence critisism .
I'm all for free speach and a natural flow of conversation from everyone on here without fear of riddicule but bullshitters and their personal facts need to be dealt with swiftly .

I think it's pretty obvious that I've got the wrong temperament to be a moderator Dion , I also don't have the time to be constantly checking everyone and every thing people say , I feel like a nazi , I'd be greatful if you could please change my name back to white ? Thanks mate !
Searcher wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:19 pm
having responsible Moderators with firm views to keep the content accountable
That's it , accountable is the word .

User avatar
adventurer
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 am
Position: New Member
Gender: Female
Location: elimbah north brisbane

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by adventurer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Thankyou Manfromglad for voicing your encounters, as a ayr member i have never felt you have FORCED your own beliefs on me--fact, why?, because i read your posts because i want to and i am interested in your beliefs. I have heard many others worldwide with similar views. I completely understand why you cant get evidence, trying to get evidence on one being touched or simply knowing where the hairy is standing or the strong senses that they are with you ( invisible) or feeling that they know our every thoughts. I will never have evidence on that side either as you said, its impossible.
The reasons i believe these things are true is because of my own research going out ,as you do.
I know i got touched on the lower back, i felt the large hand squeeze me hard, i know it was its left hand, i know it was not there in physical form next to me , why because myself and 5 people in our line on the track did not see it.
I felt i knew where they stood and i know because i would somehow sense it there, i would tell myself its 10 metres ahead of me to the left just standing in the tree line, as i passed that exact point i would jump to my right as a rock slowly landed dropped right there next to my left leg.
The time i was crossing a bridge i sensed one was at the end of the bridge again on the left, 1 meter of me passing that point something shook the hell out of a tree right where i predicted it was.
I dont know how i knew but each time i sensed them and something would happen. One may say coincidence, though what was happening defined as hairy traits.
I could go on and on because i for one can get emotionally attached and thats because of the awesome interactions i have received from the hairees.
Its tough to get it out there and try explain stuff. Maybe you have been booted of the forum already, not sure. Stay safe and Thankyou. Dee

I wanna be " the one", who doesnt.Whos gonna spend $ on all camera equipment if they dont want to get anything, be real! Its what one does with that evidence who will truelly show what sort of people thay are.

User avatar
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Position: Believer
Location: East Coast

Re: Mark Barton's encounter

Unread post by Rusty2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:14 am

Adventurer , I don't have one single problem with anyone's beliefs , experiences , encounters or opinions . If you say you've been touched by something invisible out in the forest then I believe you . If Neil says that he's had paranormal experiences in the forest then (although I don't know him) I tend to believe he's had some sort of strange experience like you . We all know something strange is happening . I have no problem acknowledging that .

But when Neil says that the president of the united states had a television interview where he said that bigfoot IS real and that bigfoot IS paranormal (claiming this as a fact) then I'd like to see evidence for what he's claiming , it's not too much too ask , is it ?

As for getting evidence of paranormal interactions in the field , the are very sensitive electronic tools that will register and record anomalies in the field . This is the place to start , cameras won't record electronic or electromagnetic anomalies .

As I mentioned before , we don't want to ban anyone because of their beliefs , as far as I know , Neil is still a member here .

Post Reply